quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:
Originally posted by PrematureShooter:

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

Dude, you said BRANDON JENNINGS and AARON BROOKS and JRUE ****ING HOLIDAY were better than Jameer.

Someone ban this kid now.

Common sense prevails.

Reading comprehension and non-magical blinders prevail.

Jennings IS better than Jameer...I would even go so far as to say considerably better-if you think otherwise then you are either a homer or dont watch anything other than magic basketball. I never said Brooks was better, I said he is an intersting prospect to keep an eye on- even though he does a lot of things better than Jameer already...and you heard it here first apparently: Jrue Holiday(barring being a complete headcase or career ending injury) is atleast a single time allstar, if not more before his career is done. Although I cant take credit for that because I have heard consensus from people with respectable opinions that Jrue Holiday is a surefire talent.

I dont have a problem with having an unpopular opinion, but I am right far more than I am wrong. And this name calling is bordering on childish. If you dont agree explain why you dont, not just 'god no' or 'common sense prevails'. And no offense, but when it comes to basketball, my sense is NOT common...and that is a good thing because most people dont know their *** from their elbow when it comes to basketball here(and most everywhere)

JENNINGS SHOT 37% FG's FOR THE SEASON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jameer shot 38% FROM THREE POINT RANGE this season

are you a mod, or a child? or both?

also, sense when does comparing fg% of a rookie to the 3% of a veteran go anywhere toward determining whether one is better or not?

And last, I did some bad miscalculating on the per36 numbers for jameer(in comparison to holiday). I dont know what I did wrong exactly but I was wrong on Jameer's numbers. Regardless Holidays were slightly better as a rookie than Jameer's this year-right? Splitting hairs are we?

Brandon Jennings = Michael Beasley in a PG's body

quote:

also, sense when does comparing fg% of a rookie to the 3% of a veteran go anywhere toward determining whether one is better or not?

Because it's relevant. Jameer has a better shooting percentage from the 3pt line than Jennings does from all over the floor (including shots in the paint).

quote:

And last, I did some bad miscalculating on the per36 numbers for jameer(in comparison to holiday). I dont know what I did wrong exactly but I was wrong on Jameer's numbers. Regardless Holidays were slightly better as a rookie than Jameer's this year-right? Splitting hairs are we?

No...

Holidays numbers this year (per36...): 12 pts on 44.2% shooting and 39% from 3, 5.7 assists, 3.9 rebounds, 1.6 steals, 3.2 turnovers

Jameer's (per36): 15.8 pts on 44.9% shooting and 38.1% from 3, 6.8 assists, 0.9 steals, 2.7 turnovers.

One could make an argument that Jennings will have a better peak than Jameer. It's a fair argument, though I'm not sure how much I think Jennings will be able to contribute to a contender.

However, to suggest that Jennings, who just had one of the worst shooting seasons of any volume shooter EVER, had a better season this past season than Jameer is truly bonkers.

quote:

also, sensesince when does comparing fg% of a rookie to the 3% of a veteran go anywhere toward determining whether one is better or not?

First of all, fixed.

Second of all, holy sweet LOL, you can't be serious. You really can't. Contrasting the shooting percentages of two players goes a LONG way towards determining who's the better player. This is not a revelation, it is one of the primary methods used to compare efficiency, which is relatively important in the context of this argument. The fact of the matter is, we used Jameer's three-point shooting % against Jennings' overall field-goal percentage and it still didn't favor his case.

I don't see how any sane basketball mind can argue that Jennings is currently a better player than Nelson, but given that you've choose to dismiss all quantitative evidence that suggests towards the contrary, it doesn't surprise me.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:

also, sensesince when does comparing fg% of a rookie to the 3% of a veteran go anywhere toward determining whether one is better or not?

First of all, fixed.

Second of all, holy sweet LOL, you can't be serious. You really can't. Contrasting the shooting percentages of two players goes a LONG way towards determining who's the better player. This is not a revelation, it is one of the primary methods used to compare efficiency, which is relatively important in the context of this argument. The fact of the matter is, we used Jameer's three-point shooting % against Jennings' overall field-goal percentage and it still didn't favor his case.

I don't see how any sane basketball mind can argue that Jennings is currently a better player than Nelson, but given that you've choose to dismiss all quantitative evidence that suggests towards the contrary, it doesn't surprise me.

call me crazy but jennings is not yet better than nelson..

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

One could make an argument that Jennings will have a better peak than Jameer. It's a fair argument, though I'm not sure how much I think Jennings will be able to contribute to a contender.

However, to suggest that Jennings, who just had one of the worst shooting seasons of any volume shooter EVER, had a better season this past season than Jameer is truly bonkers.

Yeah, i wouldn't argue that Jennings has a good chance to be a phenomenal player and better than jameer.

But all we have to go by is current numbers. Whats stopping jennings from becoming the next jamaal tinsley?

Jay Williams, Shaun Livingston, Sebastian Telfair, Randy Foye, Mike Conley, and Acie Law were all supposed to be better than jameer too.

quote:

quote:

Yeah, i wouldn't argue that Jennings has a good chance to be a phenomenal player and better than jameer.

But all we have to go by is current numbers. Whats stopping jennings from becoming the next jamaal tinsley?

Jay Williams, Shaun Livingston, Sebastian Telfair, Randy Foye, Mike Conley, and Acie Law were all supposed to be better than jameer too.

Jay Williams would've been.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Screwing up your career with injuries doesn't give you an all-star invitation unless you're grant hill.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Screwing up your career with injuries doesn't give you an all-star invitation unless you're grant hill.

Dude came back and averaged (what seemed like, don't feel like looking up the stats) 18ppg in the Summer League for the Nets and then they cut him, bunch of morans they were. Just like when the Heat cut Penny, evidently 10ppg in 15mpg wasn't good enough.

EDIT: Okay, I was way off on Penny, but still, he's the greatest player to ever live, give him a break.

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:

First of all, fixed.

call me crazy but jennings is not yet better than nelson..

TITY, quantitative evidence? You mean like Jennings was statistically superior to jameer in every major category except that jameer has a higher fg% vs jennings' 3fg%? Does that do it for you? Does that even make sense to you to compare someone's fg% to anothers 3fg%??? where is the relevance at all to that? If anything its clutching at straws to support a poor argument. Using that logic(or your lack thereof) that must mean that Tyson Chandler is a superior scorer to Dwight because he shoots a better ft%. And for the record despite the rookie shooting(relatively) poorly, Jameer only shot 3's at 1% better than Jennings, despite not having the luxury of being open as much as jameer is and having to adjust to an 82 game schedule as a 19 year old.

The homer glasses are thick with this one.

Also, KITNO-what exactly makes you think that Jennings would be incapable of being on a winning team? Is it his leadership at a young age or the ability to withstand a long rookie season where he was the crutch of the team that makes you think he doesnt have what it takes? Surely you dont think 37% is 'bad' for a volume shooter-even though the kid isnt one naturally...he is a distributor that was forced to score due to injuries to top scoring options on the team.

Those are both inadequate qualites apparently compared to others claiming his 'average' shooting %'s are less than Jameer's, therefore he will never be a better player which is completely asinine to believe. This is like saying that you wouldnt trade Okafor for Dwight in their rookie season because Okafor was a better scorer then. Or better yet, you wouldnt trade him for dwight because Okafor shot ft's at a higher % than dwight did. Its just crazy talk.

...more directly, would YOU trade Jameer for Jennings straight up KITNO? Assume that we would make the trade tomorrow and salaries were not an issue.

and blackhennie, yes you are crazy-but that has nothing to do with the jameer vs jennings debate.

quote:
TITY, quantitative evidence? You mean like Jennings was statistically superior to jameer in every major category except that jameer has a higher fg% vs jennings' 3fg%? Does that do it for you? Does that even make sense to you to compare someone's fg% to anothers 3fg%???

It's the other way around. Jameer's 3ptFG% is higher than Jennings' OVERALL FG%. Also, statistically superior?? Jennings averaged .3 more assists, .4 more rebounds, and .4 more steals, playing 4 more minutes than Jameer. If you were to average both players in per36, Jameer posts either the same or better numbers.

quote:

where is the relevance at all to that? If anything its clutching at straws to support a poor argument. And for the record despite the rookie shooting(relatively) poorly, he only shot three's at 1% average less than Jameer, despite not having the luxury of being open as much as jameer is and having to adjust to an 82 game schedule as a 19 year old.

What do you mean? It clearly shows that Jennings was an extremely inefficient scorer.

If that isn't good enough for you, Jennings posted the lowest FG% out of 119 players eligible. Jameer's 3pt FG% was higher than Jenning's 2pt FG% (which was 37.0%). Do you not understand what that means? It means that Jameer posted a higher average shooting 23 footers than Jennings did shooting mid range shots, lay ups, dunks, and floaters.

quote:

Also, KITNO-what exactly makes you think that Jennings would be incapable of being on a winning team? Is it his leadership at a young age or the ability to withstand a long rookie season where he was the crutch of the team that makes you think he doesnt have what it takes? Surely you dont think 38% is 'bad' for a volume shooter-even though the kid isnt one naturally...he is a distributor that was forced to score due to injuries to top scoring options on the team.

38% isn't bad for a volume shooter. It's horrible. It hurts your team when you're shooting nearly 15 shots a game with that efficiency.

quote:

Those are both inadequate qualites apparently compared to others claiming his 'average' shooting %'s are less than Jameer's, therefore he will never be a better player which is completely asinine to believe. This is like saying that you wouldnt trade Okafor for Dwight in their rookie season because Okafor was a better scorer then. Or better yet, you wouldnt trade him for dwight because Okafor shot ft's at a higher % than dwight did. Its just crazy talk.

That's not what people are saying. People are saying Jameer was clearly better than Jennings this year, and it's not even close. Most actually said there's a chance Jennings could eventually be the better player, but that has not happened yet. It's crazy talk to say Jennings > Jameer when that clearly was not the case this year. Not even close.

quote:

TITY, quantitative evidence? You mean like Jennings was statistically superior to jameer in every major category except that jameer has a higher fg% vs jennings' 3fg%? Does that do it for you?

No, no it doesn't. FG% and 3FG% are two major categories, are they not? It's like you've chosen to dismiss arguably the two most critical indicators of efficiency because they don't suit your argument.

Also, superior in every major category? Like what? You mean like 0.3 more assists despite 4 more mpg and a significantly higher usage rate? Or maybe you meant his whopping 0.4 more rpg.

quote:
Does that even make sense to you to compare someone's fg% to anothers 3fg%??? where is the relevance at all to that?

Ummm...well...YES. Is this a joke? It bears GREAT relevance to the discussion. I can't think of one conceivable reason to why it wouldn't. Jennings' OVERALL FG% is lower than Jameer's 3FG%. If you'd like, we could compare it to Jameer's overall FG%, but wouldn't that just render your argument even more laughable? Hell, that's like saying you can't prove that Steve Nash is a better shooter than Johnny Flynn, since comparing their shooting percentages is completely irrelevant.

quote:
Using that logic(or your lack thereof) that must mean that Tyson Chandler is a superior scorer to Dwight because he shoots a better ft%.

This one's so dumb, I won't even touch it.

quote:
Surely you dont think 37% is 'bad' for a volume shooter

No, it's not bad. It's horrendous. It's borderline detrimental to his team's success. VC was getting ripped all season for his poor shooting, and he shot 42.8% on the season, which almost dwarfs Jennings' shooting %, and that truly speaks volumes.

quote:
Those are both inadequate qualites apparently compared to others claiming his 'average' shooting %'s are less than Jameer's, therefore he will never be a better player which is completely asinine to believe.

Huh? I never said Jennings couldn't become a better player than Jameer, I said he CLEARLY isn't the better of the two as of right now, and that's hardly debatable. It's one thing to brush aside shooting percentages when they're neck-to-neck, but given the CANYON-like discrepancy between the two, it simply cannot be dismissed. No way. Jameer is bar-none the better shooter of the two, and given that they're both similar distributors, what's there left to compare? Well, their shooting/scoring, naturally, and that's what we're doing. It's not like Jennings brings intangibles that far exceed whatever Jameer brings to the table.

quote:
This is like saying that you wouldnt trade Okafor for Dwight in their rookie season because Okafor was a better scorer then. Or better yet, you wouldnt trade him for dwight because Okafor shot ft's at a higher % than dwight did. Its just crazy talk.

So much wrong, where to begin...

Okafor was not the better scorer of the two. Dwight shot a far greater FG%, had a greater rebounding rate, shot blocking rate, and hell, at the time (believe it or not) even shot a greater FT%. The only thing Okafor did better than him in his rookie season was turn it over at a lower rate, and even that was hardly noticeable.

You don't have to give me multiple reasons, that would be asking for too much, but Christ, give me one thing, ANYTHING that Jennings did better than Jameer in his rookie season. One that has influenced you to such an extent, that you simply refuse to believe that Jameer is in any way shape or form, the better player of the two.

Enlighten us with your irrefutable logic.