Raven1

Jameer for 6th man of the year in 2010/11

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:
Originally posted by PrematureShooter:

quote:

Jameer is expendable for the right PG...or a top draft pick.

I assume by "the right PG" you mean someone who is better than Jameer. Nobody who fits that description is available. Also, if that list is longer then 5 or 6 players then Meer is being VASTLY underestimated as a PG.

And no, Jameer is in no way expendable for a top draft pick.

Yes, I was suggesting a better pg of course. Doesnt mean it was likely or even being discussed. It just means that if there is a better option out there then he is a goner. Of course the rest of my original comment said that already.

And yes, Jameer is certainly expendable for a top pick in the draft.

edit, and jameer is NOT the 5th or 6th best point in the league-are you serious? Remember that he plays with dwight, and that there are atleast 5-6 top flight point guards out there already, and several more who are better than jameer.

I like the guy too, but lets take the blinders off and be realistic.

can i see your list of pgs...?

No, my source is not OPP or 3QC or BQR or any other 3 letter abbreviation.

In fact, BQR seems pretty skeptical of my info. In other words, he thinks I'm full of it.

quote:
Originally posted by Nell2ThaIzzay:

quote:

quote:

I assume by "the right PG" you mean someone who is better than Jameer. Nobody who fits that description is available. Also, if that list is longer then 5 or 6 players then Meer is being VASTLY underestimated as a PG.

Not only are they not available, but they aren't worth it.

It wouldn't be worth it to give up the pieces we'd have to give up to get one of those players, when we'd only get a marginal improvement over one of our already strongest positions, while the positions we do need upgrading still go left unaddressed.

I agree it would be difficult to pull off a heist of a deal while upgrading the pg spot on our team, the PG spot is not one of our strong spots however. Our perimeter D vs. perimeter O was exposed against the Celtics. We were carved up because Jameer couldnt stick anyone and Redick/Vince had their hands full enough as it was to help on D.

And to others, Jameer makes good passes to Dwight-thats it. Otherwise he gets too far under the basket most of the time and jumps in the air before even locating an open shooter. Sure the ball often makes it to one of our guys, but I bet out of all the 'passers' on our team, Jameer hits the mark in the shooters spot the least of all. There isnt a stat for that, but its a huge deal and what separates a 'guard' from a 'point guard'. This is why I laugh at people on here questioning others' intelligence when it is clear they dont even know how to pass a ball as a point guard. A true point guard knows to either lead a shooter or hit the shooter in their respective wheelhouse so their shot is in motion. Jameer does neither-unless its dwight. And, like I have mentioned before Dwight is probably the easiest target in the league to hook up.

I am coming across as a Jameer detractor(which I am not whatsoever) but I just had to provide a voice of reason real quick. I have been seeing a lot of crazy talk, but I will crawl back into my hole now...enjoy!

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It wouldn't be worth it to give up the pieces we'd have to give up to get one of those players, when we'd only get a marginal improvement over one of our already strongest positions, while the positions we do need upgrading still go left unaddressed.

I agree it would be difficult to pull off a heist of a deal while upgrading the pg spot on our team, the PG spot is not one of our strong spots however. Our perimeter D vs. perimeter O was exposed against the Celtics. We were carved up because Jameer couldnt stick anyone and Redick/Vince had their hands full enough as it was to help on D.

And to others, Jameer makes good passes to Dwight-thats it. Otherwise he gets too far under the basket most of the time and jumps in the air before even locating an open shooter. Sure the ball often makes it to one of our guys, but I bet out of all the 'passers' on our team, Jameer hits the mark in the shooters spot the least of all. There isnt a stat for that, but its a huge deal and what separates a 'guard' from a 'point guard'. This is why I laugh at people on here questioning others' intelligence when it is clear they dont even know how to pass a ball as a point guard. A true point guard knows to either lead a shooter or hit the shooter in their respective wheelhouse so their shot is in motion. Jameer does neither-unless its dwight. And, like I have mentioned before Dwight is probably the easiest target in the league to hook up.

I am coming across as a Jameer detractor(which I am not whatsoever) but I just had to provide a voice of reason real quick. I have been seeing a lot of crazy talk, but I will crawl back into my hole now...enjoy!

Stay in the hole. I'm sick of hearing all of this jameer hate when he WAS our best player in the playoffs! What the hell is wrong with you people. If there should be any talk of someone underachieving there position it should be VINCE CARTER or RASHARD LEWIS. If either showed up in the ECF(shard did come back slightly in games 4 and 5)then we wouldnt be talking about this right now because we would be in the finals right now.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

alot of the offense is set up for swing passes so called "hocky passes" which are the shots made from second passes caused from got kick ups from nelson... nelson is clutch and one of the few players that showed up vs the celts so i cant believe that he is the scapegoat this year. last year people, like u, got away with it but not this year... nelson was great... Doc Rivers even said he was our mvp...

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes, I was suggesting a better pg of course. Doesnt mean it was likely or even being discussed. It just means that if there is a better option out there then he is a goner. Of course the rest of my original comment said that already.

edit, and jameer is NOT the 5th or 6th best point in the league-are you serious? Remember that he plays with dwight, and that there are atleast 5-6 top flight point guards out there already, and several more who are better than jameer.

Christ, OK.

Jameer isn't getting traded, let's start with that.

There has never been any mention, nor will there be, of Jameer being a piece in a trade for a top draft pick. There is no one in this draft, with the possible exception of Wall, that has enough upside to trade a starting, all-star caliber point guard for, especially after his brilliant performance in the playoffs. Oh yeah, and Washington isn't trading their pick so that's that.

On the topic of current point guards that we would rather have than Jameer Nelson, I can think of only a handful, and since you were so flabbergasted by my "5 or 6" comment, I assume you can name ALOT of PG's you'd rather have. I would swap Jameer for:

CP3, D-Will, Rondo, and Nash are definites, although we'd better win the title next year with Nash because age will become an issue.

I would probably trade him for Westbrook/Rose and I'd consider a trade for Evans, although I think Tyreke is better as a SG. Outside of that, you'd have difficulty convincing me the rest of the PGs in the NBA are better than or on par with Meer.

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Quickly before I gotta run:

top flight:

Nash, Williams, Paul, Rose, Rondo, i feel like I am missing someone but there are the 5 right there that are top flight that you asked for

second tier that are either better than jameer already or are worth trading for:

Brandon Jennings, darren collison, jason kidd(still)best playmaker of a generation and had a great playoffs, jrue holiday potentially, same with that John Wall kid potentially, billups(still)-since he can play D and post up along with making plays for others. there are other people too I am sure...not saying that I would trade jameer for someone like jason kidd, but you also cant say that jameer is better either.

and of course there are the people that are 'better pgs that arent really pgs' like tyreke evans, brandon roy or even wade or lebron. obviously its impossible to compare jameer to those but you asked and you shall recieve a list of those who are better pgs off the top of my head-even those who dont play the position.

So, you asked for 5-6 and I gave you like 15 names or something. I am sure I am missing others...and there are some people that are tempting like aaron brooks or russell westbrook, but I dont feel comfortable enough giving out my seal of approval on those yet....especially brooks.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Christ, OK.

Jameer isn't getting traded, let's start with that.

There has never been any mention, nor will there be, of Jameer being a piece in a trade for a top draft pick. There is no one in this draft, with the possible exception of Wall, that has enough upside to trade a starting, all-star caliber point guard for, especially after his brilliant performance in the playoffs. Oh yeah, and Washington isn't trading their pick so that's that.

On the topic of current point guards that we would rather have than Jameer Nelson, I can think of only a handful, and since you were so flabbergasted by my "5 or 6" comment, I assume you can name ALOT of PG's you'd rather have. I would swap Jameer for:

CP3, D-Will, Rondo, and Nash are definites, although we'd better win the title next year with Nash because age will become an issue.

I would probably trade him for Westbrook/Rose and I'd consider a trade for Evans, although I think Tyreke is better as a SG. Outside of that, you'd have difficulty convincing me the rest of the PGs in the NBA are better than or on par with Meer.

I didnt read your comment, but I get the feeling that you either didnt read everything I wrote from the start or you are just looking for an argument. Either way your train of thought is very close minded, and I never said we should trade jameer anyway. There is a difference between calling someone expendable for the right player and straight up saying we trade him...wake up! Read over my original comment again, I said we should keep him.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

quote:

quote:

quote:

top flight:

Nash, Williams, Paul, Rose, Rondo, i feel like I am missing someone but there are the 5 right there that are top flight that you asked for

second tier that are either better than jameer already or are worth trading for:

Brandon Jennings, darren collison, jason kidd(still)best playmaker of a generation and had a great playoffs, jrue holiday potentially, same with that John Wall kid potentially, billups(still)-since he can play D and post up along with making plays for others. there are other people too I am sure...not saying that I would trade jameer for someone like jason kidd, but you also cant say that jameer is better either.

and of course there are the people that are 'better pgs that arent really pgs' like tyreke evans, brandon roy or even wade or lebron. obviously its impossible to compare jameer to those but you asked and you shall recieve a list of those who are better pgs off the top of my head-even those who dont play the position.

So, you asked for 5-6 and I gave you like 15 names or something. I am sure I am missing others...and there are some people that are tempting like aaron brooks or russell westbrook, but I dont feel comfortable enough giving out my seal of approval on those yet....especially brooks.

Tier 1 Nash Paul Williams

Tier 2 Rondo Rose

Tier 3 Billups Nelson Westbrook Tony Parker

Tier 4 Mo Williams Jennings Jason Kidd Brooks

Ask Dallas fans what they think of Kidd. They were praying for Beaubois to start in the playoffs.

quote:

top flight:

AGREED

Better than Jameer... ok let's see the list...

WHAT?

... Did you just pull names out of wherever just to convince yourself that Jameer is nowhere near being a top 10 PG?

Westbrook... maybe. But Brooks?

quote:

top flight:

Nash OK, Williams OK, Paul OK, Rose OK, Rondo OK, i feel like I am missing someone but there are the 5 right there that are top flight that you asked for

Brandon Jennings NO, darren collison NO, jason kidd(still)best playmaker of a generation and had a great playoffs NO, jrue holiday potentially GOD NO, same with that John Wall kid potentially SAID THAT, billups(still)-since he can play D and post up along with making plays for others NO, HIS SHOT SELECTION IS INSULTING. there are other people too I am sure...not saying that I would trade jameer for someone like jason kidd, but you also cant say that jameer is better either. Yes, at this point in their careers Jameer is better.

and of course there are the people that are 'better pgs that arent really pgs' like tyreke evans, brandon roy or even wade or lebron. obviously its impossible to compare jameer to those but you asked and you shall recieve a list of those who are better pgs off the top of my head-even those who dont play the position. All of this is completely irrelevant. Your original statement was "the right PG". None of these players play point guard, regardless of the fact that they might be able to in some parallel universe without shooting guards or small forwards.

So, you asked for 5-6 and I gave you like 15 names or something. Most of which made no sense. I am sure I am missing others...and there are some people that are tempting like aaron brooks NO or russell westbrook OK , but I dont feel comfortable enough giving out my seal of approval on those yet....especially brooks.

Also, in regards to your last comment, I certainly have read everything you've said so far, and I wasn't insinuating you said to trade him, I was merely relaying the fact that none of this matters since he won't be traded. Regardless, yes, I HAVE been looking for an argument, since, well, a lot of what you've said has been dumb.

The argument of someone being expendable for the right player is, in itself, incredibly stupid since EVERYONE in the NBA besides 3 or 4 players is "expendable for the right person". That's like saying I want to have a great dinner (obviously, who wouldn't), UNLESS there's a better one somewhere. Of course there is, but it's gonna cost me a fortune and I might have to leap through hoops to get it.