Sign in to follow this  
TheRevTy

Update from Magical

Apparently their eyes are on Wesley Johnson. They also like DeMarcus Cousins as Gortat's cheaper replacement (as well as potentially replacing Bass were he dealt). But Johnson apparently is their main target.

quote:
The Magic have their eye on trading Gortat for a top 5 pick. They would then pick a wing player, which would free up money to keep JJ, as well as sign a back-up PG and C. (Overall bottom line, obviously we'd still just have the MLE).

Trading Gortat for a top 5 pick would not free up any significant amount of $. Especially when you consider the need to acquire a new back-up C.

Also, apparently the org has kept an eye on Solomon Alabi as a potential back-up C.

I know it is weird that I am posting all this all the sudden, but he literally has e-mailed me 5 times this afternoon, expounding more and more each time.

Want a rotation?

Jameer/CJ Watson/Gil (yep, they'll still push HARD for this)

Gilbert/JJ (if they can keep him)

Rashard/Wes Johnson

Amare/Bass

Dwight/Amare/Bass

Granted, this takes EVERYTHING going perfectly, but that is all definitely possible

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
The Magic have their eye on trading Gortat for a top 5 pick. They would then pick a wing player, which would free up money to keep JJ, as well as sign a back-up PG and C. (Overall bottom line, obviously we'd still just have the MLE).

Trading Gortat for a top 5 pick would not free up any significant amount of $. Especially when you consider the need to acquire a new back-up C.

paying two players 7 million instead of one player 7 million is significant, especially since we are in the luxury tax.

I like Wesley Johnson...I also like Paul George I'm a big Kansas fan so of course I like Xavier Henry

this is if we're looking for wings

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Want a rotation?

Rashard/Wes Johnson

Amare/Bass

Dwight/Amare/Bass

Granted, this takes EVERYTHING going perfectly, but that is all definitely possible

kinda weak defensively tho

quote:
Originally posted by otownmagic333:

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Want a rotation?

Rashard/Wes Johnson

Amare/Bass

Dwight/Amare/Bass

kinda weak defensively tho

Dwight makes it all better. Although, I really, really hope we keep Barnes. Gilbert Arenas is too small for defensive purposes against guys like Kobe, etc.

you guys and the "dwight makes it all better"...if we have that line-up...he be in foul trouble every game