TheRevTy

Update from Magical

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

how about getting rid of stan for his brother or avery?

So trade the most successful coach in team history for either the guy who chocked with big time talent in Houston and New York or the guy who choked with big time talent in Dallas, loosing a finals after being up 2-0 and loosing to a number 8 seed as a number 1?

That has fail written all over it in gigantic glowing alien piss.

jeff couldn't help it that tmac and yao aren't good defenders.

and avery couldn't help it that mark cuban refused to get another star and stop making dirk a first option.

gotta work with what you got.

stan choked in the finals last year and brought back an injured player.

stan choked in the ecf this year by making bad rotations.

i'm sure the other two coaches are strategically smarter than the fat bald ******* and would know how to make the proper rotations when it comes to teams like boston and la.

stan's coaching isn't whats making this team good. dwights defense is whats making this team good.

How did Stan "choke"? Because he lost? News flash - only 1 team wins it all. Losing =/= choking.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Rule:

quote:

If we keep Gortat, it will be the biggest mistake this franchise has made in recent history. To have all that money tied up to a backup center is ridiculous. When that backup center is playing behind the best center in the league, it becomes even harder to comprehend.

You don't need Joe Johnson backing up Kobe Bryant is what I'm saying.

Hmmm the Joe Montana / Steve Young example works against your theory

Did you really just use a football comparison to justify your post?

I used an example of Highly paid BACKUP player backing up a HALL OF FAME CENTERPIECE on a Team.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If we keep Gortat, it will be the biggest mistake this franchise has made in recent history. To have all that money tied up to a backup center is ridiculous. When that backup center is playing behind the best center in the league, it becomes even harder to comprehend.

Not only that, but a deeply flawed one.

Howard/Gortat is more like having Ovechkin backing up Sidney Crosby. (Do they play the same position? Are there positions in hockey, or is it a free for all?)

Actually im not sure what your actually remembering Rev..

Steve Young started out in the USFL, then was drafted by the Bucs...Young's record as starter was 3

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I used an example of Highly paid BACKUP player backing up a HALL OF FAME CENTERPIECE on a Team.

Steve Young didn't become highly paid until after he became a starter.

quote:

Truth be told, who knows how everything shakes out. There will be so much going on this summer that the ideal situation may turn up.

It does seem apparent that the Magic are not satisfied with the current lineup and will look to dramatically improve.

I do appreciate your source updates though REV thanks!

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Football is a sport where a players career could be ended on 1 play. Sure it could happen in the NBA, but the chances are far greater due to the physical nature of the game. But if that's not enough, I'll continue.

I'm guessing the pro football salary was much lower as opposed to an NBA salary in 1987-1990.

Montana was coming off a half season due to injury when they traded for Young.

quote:

2i111qh.png

I don't see Wes Johnson w/the skill set to live up to high lotto expectations & you always have to question how defense will translate to the NBA w/Syracuse players.

If Xavier Henry went back to school, I don't see how he's not a high lotto pick next year like James Harden was in the 09 class, & he's a pure shooter vs. Johnson who found a shot in 4 years of college.

quote:

Truth be told, who knows how everything shakes out. There will be so much going on this summer that the ideal situation may turn up.

It does seem apparent that the Magic are not satisfied with the current lineup and will look to dramatically improve.

Thank you so much Rev, we should all chip in and get you a Juiceman or something.

juiceman-II-juicer.jpg