Sign in to follow this  
TheRevTy

Update from Magical

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

no its not. Talent is something constant and gradual. Players careers form somewhat of a parabola. Talent is not something that changes by the day. Ray Allen can not be basketball jesus on a Sunday and worse than player X on the bench last night.

Players have good days and bad days. You can not judge them day to day or else arguments would be endless. One must be judged on long periods of a group of data rather than individual pieces of data.

It is when talking about the player currently playing better, which can also be called the "better player at the time". Jameer was the better player in the Bobcat series, but that isn't to say Jameer is overall the best player on the team, but he was the best player for that series.

And that's what Gasol has been so far. The best player for the Lakers so far in this series. Does THAT satisfy you, MR MOD? I don't think I can be any more specific than I am now.

You just made L4TW's point.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:

quote:

no its not. Talent is something constant and gradual. Players careers form somewhat of a parabola. Talent is not something that changes by the day. Ray Allen can not be basketball jesus on a Sunday and worse than player X on the bench last night.

Players have good days and bad days. You can not judge them day to day or else arguments would be endless. One must be judged on long periods of a group of data rather than individual pieces of data.

It is when talking about the player currently playing better, which can also be called the "better player at the time". Jameer was the better player in the Bobcat series, but that isn't to say Jameer is overall the best player on the team, but he was the best player for that series.

And that's what Gasol has been so far. The best player for the Lakers so far in this series. Does THAT satisfy you, MR MOD? I don't think I can be any more specific than I am now.

Not really, since that was my point all along, yet he tried to make it seem like when I said better player I meant better overall player and not better player under current conditions.

Also, berto, I wish I could say I want Jareth back (aka the American Hipster and not the Brit Pop Hipster version of you), but I'd be lying.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not really, since that was my point all along, yet he tried to make it seem like when I said better player I meant better overall player and not better player under current conditions.

Also, berto, I wish I could say I want Jareth back (aka the American Hipster and not the Brit Pop Hipster version of you), but I'd be lying.

L4TW's point: Charlotte series showed Jameer played better than Dwight.

BMP's point: Charlotte series showed Jameer is better than Dwight.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

L4TW's point: Charlotte series showed Jameer played better than Dwight.

BMP's point: Charlotte series showed Jameer is better than Dwight.

was, not is

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

To save you from all this trouble, jec/pancakes, you may as well have just said that Kobe hasn't been the best player on his team instead of isn't.

Yes, but being vague and part of an incredibly long and pointless argument was a lot better.

Of course. The Magic will take on Brand's contract and the #2 pick only giving up Bass and trade the #2 pick, Wincent and Gortat for Roy and Przybilla. It only makes sense. I heard someone talk about how their friend heard this guy go on the radio to say he heard these rumors from his friend who lives kinda close to Otis.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

quote:

quote:

gasol hasn't outplayed kobe numbnuts

In the Finals?

Gasol: 20.3 pts/10.7rbs/3.3asts/3.7 blks/1.7tovs on 57.1% shooting

Kobe: 26.7 pts/6.3 rbs/5.3asts/2.3stls/3.3 tovs on 39.4% shooting

Kobe is taking 23.6 shots a game to score 26 points

Gasol is taking 10.6 shots a game to score 20 points

how did gasol play yesterday?

He had a decent game, sub par from his usual performances, but 13 pts on 11 shots, 10 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 blocks isn't bad either.

Kobe took 29 shots to score 29 points. I'd say they were both disappointing.

kobe scored 29 points because hes not afraid

gasol scored 13 because he is.

to argue gasol > kobe is asinine and an indictment on your lack of intelligence cavs fan

Kobe scored 29 because he's not afraid? lol

No, Kobe scored 29 because he has the greenest of all green lights. Gasol HAS been the better player this series, and that's hardly arguable.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

gasol hasn't outplayed kobe numbnuts

In the Finals?

Gasol: 20.3 pts/10.7rbs/3.3asts/3.7 blks/1.7tovs on 57.1% shooting

Kobe: 26.7 pts/6.3 rbs/5.3asts/2.3stls/3.3 tovs on 39.4% shooting

Kobe is taking 23.6 shots a game to score 26 points

Gasol is taking 10.6 shots a game to score 20 points

how did gasol play yesterday?

He had a decent game, sub par from his usual performances, but 13 pts on 11 shots, 10 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 blocks isn't bad either.

Kobe took 29 shots to score 29 points. I'd say they were both disappointing.

kobe scored 29 points because hes not afraid

gasol scored 13 because he is.

to argue gasol > kobe is asinine and an indictment on your lack of intelligence cavs fan

LOL

actually, lol @ everything you just said