Sign in to follow this  
TheRevTy

Update from Magical

The Magic are this close to being an championship team and we're talking about Randolph, Wright and Josh Howard?!

Imo, we walk away from this off season with none of the big names who are FA's, it will be a failure.

quote:
Originally posted by Magicman28:

The Magic are this close to being an championship team and we're talking about Randolph, Wright and Josh Howard?!

Imo, we walk away from this off season with none of the big names who are FA's, it will be a failure.

We don't need Wade to win a title. We just need someone who can give our team what we don't have. That's either a legit wingman who can create at will, or a legit 4 who can hit a 20 footer all day long while pulling down 10 boards a game. Neither of those have to be a superstar.

Yeah you really do. Remember VC. All we need him to be is a closer. How did that work out?

I think some Magic fans want to make a team like the Detroit Pistons when they had a team with no legit superstars. The problem, that rarely happens. VERY rarely. You need AT LEAST 2 superstars. Right now we have one. As Magic fans, we need to elevate our thinking. Otis has done a great job building a great team. We need to build a CHAMPIONSHIP one now.

Right now you got 3 PF's who are attainable that can hit the 20 footer and pull down 10 boards a game. Randolph isn't it. Wright isn't it. These guys don't know what its like to play in the big games. These guys are solid but they aren't going to come in here and be what people want them to be.

quote:

Yeah you really do. Remember VC. All we need him to be is a closer. How did that work out?

I think some Magic fans want to make a team like the Detroit Pistons when they had a team with no legit superstars. The problem, that rarely happens. VERY rarely. You need AT LEAST 2 superstars. Right now we have one. As Magic fans, we need to elevate our thinking. Otis has done a great job building a great team. We need to build a CHAMPIONSHIP one now.

Right now you got 3 PF's who are attainable that can hit the 20 footer and pull down 10 boards a game. Randolph isn't it. Wright isn't it. These guys don't know what its like to play in the big games. These guys are solid but they aren't going to come in here and be what people want them to be.

you are misinformed, severely

In my opinion (and I may be severely misinformed), we would be lucky to land Randolph. I would love to have him here...move Lewis to the 3, and we may have the stew you all are talking about.

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:

In what part is he misinformed?

Keep in mind, the Magic want to win NOW. Yes, I'm sure they'd want to develop talent, but they want to win it all before the old man passes away.

quote:

quote:

No your in La La land. Your trying to build a championship team with 2 guys who haven't done squat yet. Just because you see Wright and Randolph hit some 20 footers or have a few games where they got double digit rebound you wanna automatically add them to the starting lineup thinking thats all we gotta do.

Theres something called intangibles. Beyond the stats, the skill (take a good look at Dwight's comment about skill and heart) is the intangibles. Wright and Randolph don't have that. If they did, they wouldn't even be shopped around or even talked about in a trade.

I'm not dissing those 2. Just saying. Aim higher. Stop trying find some hidden diamond that all of a sudden out of nowhere just propels this team to a ring.

quote:

quote:

quote:

No your in La La land. Your trying to build a championship team with 2 guys who haven't done squat yet. Just because you see Wright and Randolph hit some 20 footers or have a few games where they got double digit rebound you wanna automatically add them to the starting lineup thinking thats all we gotta do.

Theres something called intangibles. Beyond the stats, the skill (take a good look at Dwight's comment about skill and heart) is the intangibles. Wright and Randolph don't have that. If they did, they wouldn't even be shopped around or even talked about in a trade.

I'm not dissing those 2. Just saying. Aim higher. Stop trying find some hidden diamond that all of a sudden out of nowhere just propels this team to a ring.

So who would you aim for that we can realistically obtain without selling the farm?

Selling the farm? I mean as long as you have the Cows and chickens right?

You bring in Bosh or LeBron or any of the upper tier FA's you won't need a farm. In the playoffs, you only go 8 man deep anyways. And thats at the most. No team goes 12 man even in the regular season. You got Meer, Lewis, Howard, and a star FA, thats 4. You add the necessary role players with the MLE and the TPE which we have. Resign JJ and/or Barnes. Thats 6. Now assuming its Gortat, Bass, Pietrus you still might have VC but VC might be headed out in any deal you do. Still, the farm will be big enough. You'll just have more cows and chickens then goats.

BTW, I wouldn't be upset if we landed Randolph. Tremendous upside. We just are too close to be looking at this off season like that. Now if we got LeBron AND Randolph, sure. But I know our odds of landing LeBron compared to Boozer, Bosh or Stoudamire is not the same.

Still better to try.

quote:

Selling the farm? I mean as long as you have the Cows and chickens right?

You bring in Bosh or LeBron or any of the upper tier FA's you won't need a farm. In the playoffs, you only go 8 man deep anyways. And thats at the most. No team goes 12 man even in the regular season. You got Meer, Lewis, Howard, and a star FA, thats 4. You add the necessary role players with the MLE and the TPE which we have. Resign JJ and/or Barnes. Thats 6. Now assuming its Gortat, Bass, Pietrus you still might have VC but VC might be headed out in any deal you do. Still, the farm will be big enough. You'll just have more cows and chickens then goats.

BTW, I wouldn't be upset if we landed Randolph. Tremendous upside. We just are too close to be looking at this off season like that. Now if we got LeBron AND Randolph, sure. But I know our odds of landing LeBron compared to Boozer, Bosh or Stoudamire is not the same.

Still better to try.

So again I ask you, who do we realistically obtain and how do we do it?