Sign in to follow this  
jbabc37

Magic ''Anticipate'' Keeping Carter...

quote:
Originally posted by ManuGinobili:

Courtney Lee is 5 times better than JJ, in my opinion.

He is better defender, better slasher and his jump shot will progress a lot in his career.

JJ is only better in the 3pt attempts, but that is it.

I think Redick will be a career back up, while Lee may be a one time All Star someday.

I could make a case that JJ will be an all star some day if you can about Lee. There is the same amount of evidence and even more in my favor of Redick.

I like Lee, but the dude is undersized and won't ever be anything more than a decent shooter.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by VC_Fan:

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
Originally posted by dreamingincolors:

I can't believe we had a talented young prospect SG and we let him go.

Interestingly enough we also have another talented young backup SG and I hope we don't make the same mistake twice.

Why can't we bring Courtney Lee back?

Courtney was a solid, young player, but nothing more. Some people here value our players as if they're the second coming of players they could never dream of becoming.

When you have the opportunity to trade less-than-critical player for an established 20/5/5 allstar, you do it, and you don't think twice about it. In retrospect, it didn't work out with us to the extent that we wish it could have, but you'd have to be foolish to believe that it was a bad move back in July.

Absolutely. The Magic lost to a very talented team so now every move made was a mistake.

I liked Courtney, but please let's not get carried away here.

When Otis decided to pass on Hedo, he felt he needed to make a deal for the best closer available for a trade and did well in bringing Vince.

He wasn't going to get anyone better and the storyline made sense. A veteran former superstar with a chance to redeem a poor playoff career going back to his home area. He knew Courtney wasn't going to be the closer and nothing he did in New Jersey proved otherwise.

So Vince stunk it up in the playoffs. I still give Otis credit for not doing the easy thing which would have been to keep the team together and give Hedo what he wanted.

Coming into this season Carter had career playoff averages of 25.9 PPG, 6.9 RPG, and 5.2 APG. He had never lost a playoff series with HCA, and had twice won series without HCA.

Now please explain how he had (prior to this season) a "poor playoff career". I'm genuinely interested to hear your argument.

Probably his terrible shooting numbers. You can't win being that inefficient.

Only you're lying. His shooting numbers weren't "terrible". He had a career playoff TS% of 51.6% prior to this season. That is only slightly below average. It is not "terrible".

And even if they were "terrible", there are a hell of a lot more stats than shooting percentage. He more than made up for his percentages with his overall production (PPG, RPG, APG, SPG, BPG). Shooting percentage is not the be-all and end-all.

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

quote:
Originally posted by ManuGinobili:

Courtney Lee is 5 times better than JJ, in my opinion.

He is better defender, better slasher and his jump shot will progress a lot in his career.

JJ is only better in the 3pt attempts, but that is it.

I think Redick will be a career back up, while Lee may be a one time All Star someday.

I could make a case that JJ will be an all star some day if you can about Lee. There is the same amount of evidence and even more in my favor of Redick.

I like Lee, but the dude is undersized and won't ever be anything more than a decent shooter.

Lee is 6'5. How is that undersized?

quote:
I am curious... what is the point of limiting the scope of such a comparison to last season only? Cherry picking data only leads to false conclusions.

Because the whole argument was in regards to who the better player was last year...

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

so..............snow balls chance in hell of getting rid of vince before next season, right?

It's probably 50/50 before the start of the season, he will definitely be gone by the deadline though.

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:

post more. you're a breath of fresh air around here.

I hope to Tebow that was sarcasm.

you don't think this guy's got a stew going? he's at least providing a decent discussion. i'll take that over all the cp3, amare and bosh talk.

It's alright. Trey and myself probably won't get along very well. Enlightenment and ignorance are natural enemies.

quote:

quote:
I am curious... what is the point of limiting the scope of such a comparison to last season only? Cherry picking data only leads to false conclusions.

Because the whole argument was in regards to who the better player was last year...

Except it wasn't. This was the parameter that you interjected and so I obliged. I'm only curious as to what the point of such a restriction was?

quote:
Originally posted by ticks:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:

post more. you're a breath of fresh air around here.

I hope to Tebow that was sarcasm.

you don't think this guy's got a stew going? he's at least providing a decent discussion. i'll take that over all the cp3, amare and bosh talk.

It's alright. Trey and myself probably won't get along very well. Enlightenment and ignorance are natural enemies.

Dude, you said last year (The Finals year) that Redick was better than Lee. That definitely puts you on the ignorance side.

quote:
Originally posted by ticks:

quote:

quote:

Except it wasn't. This was the parameter that you interjected and so I obliged. I'm only curious as to what the point of such a restriction was?

Why wouldn't it be? It was in regards to the trade last year.

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

Vince is as good as gone... it will be interesting to see how this summer plays out.

How do you get rid of him?

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

Vince is as good as gone... it will be interesting to see how this summer plays out.

How do you get rid of him?