Sign in to follow this  
Berto

The "OFFICIAL" Offseason Thread

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:
Originally posted by raf008:

Hey Guys kinda 50/50 on this offseason but kinda excited about the draft someone on Realgm got me interested in the prospect Craig Brackins:

Measurables: 40" vertical w/ 12' maximum reach, he's got huge hands (9.75" length x 11.25" width), stands 6'10" w/a 7' wingspan.

Synopsis: He can create off the dribble easily and consistently to get his shot off. Has a sweet mid range, 3PT, and low post game plus he can explode off the floor and finish strong at or above the rim. Looks like could be a lovely piece to add next to C Dwight Howard (maybe sooner than later) and to eventually replace F Rashard Lewis.

Once he gets stronger he actually looks like he would fit into the starting lineup pretty lovely at the PF spot, moving Rashard Lewis to his natural SF position (assuming he'd be able to defensively play against NBA PF's). Kinda reminds of a taller version of Carmelo Anthony or Glenn Robinson game-wise.

Sorry for the long read but what do you guys think?

Here is a link to Some highlights so you have a better idea of his game:

i said it there and i'll say it here. he has a really good bball iq and will be a stud in the league.

Kind of reminds me of Anthony Randolph. Is he attainable at 29?

Well most of the mock drafts have him going in the second round so i think he can be attainable....But i hope that the reports i'm hearing are wrong in that Otis has no interest in the Draft which is really the only way to get YOUNG talent

quote:
Also, good news for Magic fans. After sitting out much of the process until now, source says Otis Smith was in New Jersey for group workout.

List of players in those workouts:

http://www.thehoopsreport.com/article.aspx?id=506

Darington Hobson has a 1st round guarantee apparently. Our team is mentioned.

All speculation obviously, but interesting nonetheless.

I'd take Hobson. He has the potential to be a Danny Granger type steal.

Well what about sherron collins, with talk about the draft i think he would be a nice pick. Its a pretty safe pick he can shoot he can get to the rim. I have not seen too much of him he can play point might be too small to play SG at 5'11 however. he could be too much like Jameer for most ppls tast (shoot first point guard) but could be the spark off the bench like dooling was not too long ago?

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Also, good news for Magic fans. After sitting out much of the process until now, source says Otis Smith was in New Jersey for group workout.

List of players in those workouts:

http://www.thehoopsreport.com/article.aspx?id=506

Darington Hobson has a 1st round guarantee apparently. Our team is mentioned.

All speculation obviously, but interesting nonetheless.

I'd take Hobson. He has the potential to be a Danny Granger type steal.

Really? i heard he can't shoot really well

quote:
Originally posted by petey:

Well what about sherron collins, with talk about the draft i think he would be a nice pick. Its a pretty safe pick he can shoot he can get to the rim. I have not seen too much of him he can play point might be too small to play SG at 5'11 however. he could be too much like Jameer for most ppls tast (shoot first point guard) but could be the spark off the bench like dooling was not too long ago?

Seriously. Matt Bouldin is the answer for our backup PG. People say he's going in the second round...I say we take him at 29. He is a stud that nobody is talking about IMO.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDelight:

quote:
Originally posted by petey:

Seriously. Matt Bouldin is the answer for our backup PG. People say he's going in the second round...I say we take him at 29. He is a stud that nobody is talking about IMO.

Eric Bledsoe, Armon Johnson & Mikhail Torrance are players i like much better than Bouldin.

I'm also not a fan of Hobson and feel like we could do much better.