Sign in to follow this  
Berto

The "OFFICIAL" Offseason Thread

quote:
Originally posted by kwizzle29:

For anybody that has insider does Ford say anything interesting here?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba...draft%26id%3d5260049

quote:
There's no place like home

Finally, this year's international crop is looking weaker and weaker by the day. Forward Donatas Motiejunas withdrew from the draft on Friday. Motiejunas was the only international player in the draft that projected as a potential lottery pick.

The only other potential lottery pick would be a former one as there are rumblings that Fran Vasquez might be ready to make his way over to Orlando.

He feels he has proven everything he can in the Euroleague and now feels mature enough to live in the states and play in the NBA.

There has been no real conversations between the 2 sides and there are rumors that Orlando has not spoken to him in over 2 years so there are some fences to mend. It is an intriguing story that is certainly worth keeping an eye on.

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:

quote:

Finally, this year's international crop is looking weaker and weaker by the day. Forward Donatas Motiejunas withdrew from the draft on Friday. Motiejunas was the only international player in the draft that projected as a potential lottery pick.

The only other potential lottery pick would be a former one as there are rumblings that Fran Vasquez might be ready to make his way over to Orlando.

He feels he has proven everything he can in the Euroleague and now feels mature enough to live in the states and play in the NBA.

There has been no real conversations between the 2 sides and there are rumors that Orlando has not spoken to him in over 2 years so there are some fences to mend. It is an intriguing story that is certainly worth keeping an eye on.

He's coming. Book it.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:

quote:

He's coming. Book it.

smile_panicworker.gif

**** fran vasquez

could've had danny granger instead of this loser.

watch the magic sign him and he comes here and plays that soft euro ball.

and how's his defense? what his post game look like? does he have a jumper?

every video i've seen of him playing he's just dunking. either catching alleys or put back dunks.

show me some video of him playing some real basketball.

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

**** fran vasquez

could've had danny granger instead of this loser.

watch the magic sign him and he comes here and plays that soft euro ball.

and how's his defense? what his post game look like? does he have a jumper?

every video i've seen of him playing he's just dunking. either catching alleys or put back dunks.

show me some video of him playing some real basketball.

apparently his bread and butter is defense.

quote:

Speaking of strengths, Vazquez has really embraced his role as defensive stopper this year, showing terrific activity level on this end of the floor. As mentioned, per-minute he ranks as the #1 shot-blocker in both the Euroleague and ACB, and his impact extends beyond the paint, as he

If Fran Vazquez were to come to Orlando, he could take over the backup center position, allowing us to trade Gortat for a wing player that could help fill the need for a scorer.

Interesting possibility.

Fran is coming over just at the right time to be included in a sign and trade for Chris Bosh icon_biggrin.gif

Call it wishful thinking but I honestly believe that Orlando has a very attractive package to offer the Raptors. They need a Centre and they love Euros... we have Gortat and Vasquez. Then we have Bass, Anderson or Pietrus to make up the money.

The only issue is that it appears Chris Bosh is not that interested in coming to Orlando. If we made this offer to Colangelo and he went to Bosh and said "look, I know that Orlando is not on your list but they have made a great offer, are you interested?" would Bosh honestly say no?

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

As a post-defender, Vazquez is not quite as effective, as he lacks the strength to hold his ground against the bigger and burlier big men he

quote:
Originally posted by Magician09:

Fran is coming over just at the right time to be included in a sign and trade for Chris Bosh icon_biggrin.gif

Call it wishful thinking but I honestly believe that Orlando has a very attractive package to offer the Raptors. They need a Centre and they love Euros... we have Gortat and Vasquez. Then we have Bass, Anderson or Pietrus to make up the money.

The only issue is that it appears Chris Bosh is not that interested in coming to Orlando. If we made this offer to Colangelo and he went to Bosh and said "look, I know that Orlando is not on your list but they have made a great offer, are you interested?" would Bosh honestly say no?

I don't think that is a great offer at all. Gortat's ceiling is overrated by many posters. Best case scenario, he's a mediocre starting center. Fran has never played an NBA game, and I doubt they are real interested in Anderson or whatever

If Bosh told him Orlando was his choice, they wouldn't have much of a choice but to move him. But unfortunatly, it doesn't look like he will consider us this summer.

i wish you all would stop with the unrealistic sign and trade expectations. bosh, amare, wade, lebrenda, gilbert etc... are not coming to orlando.

also i read fran's profile on draft express and he sounds like another gortat. no back to basket game, bad post defender, not physically strong, poor bball iq yet can work off of pick-n-rolls.

things that need to happen this off season....

dwight needs to work on his post game and free throws and ball handling and footwork

pietrus needs to work on ball handling and needs to stop being so **** selfish with the ball.

jameer needs to work on playmaking and passing. he should spend the summer working with cp3 or something (another short pg who can pass the ball well)

shard needs to bulk up a bit and work on his post game as well seeing as he more than likely won't be playing the 3. dwight can't do all the work in the front court.

if they keep barnes he too needs to work on his offense.

improve, improve, improve!

hi all, someone today informed me that tmac is probably coming back to the magic. the magic would like someone who can score on his own and they think if hes healthy they can get him in shape. tmac wants to come back and unless he gets a surprising offer money wise, this is likely