Originally posted by Sebi:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

quote:

Kobe winning Finals MVP = a ****ing shame

Yes, his game seven was less than spectacular. But if you really call 28ppg, 8rpg, 4apg and 2spg a "****ing shame" then I'd like to know who'd you have given the finals MVP to?

The guy with 18 points/11.6 rebounds/3.7/assists/2.6 blks, 2 less turnovers and shot 8% better from the field while being tremendous all over the court (minus the flopping).

Fair enough. I guess I saw that response coming.

I don't want to take anything away from Pau (or sound like a Kobe homer) because without Pau the Lakers don't win that championship. But although Pau was huge in the last two games I think his play on the road doesn't warrant the finals MVP award. IMO it was the right decision to give the award to Kobe.

Not just the last two games... Pau was better in the majority of games.

Comin from a Kobe fan does anyone else agree that he's slowing down rather quickly? He's still amazing and leads that team. But really theres a big difference since he's hit 30. Stats are still great.

But I mean we ***** about Carter, 34, not driving, evn tho I agree he should more, but Kobe throws in about 3 drives the whole game. He is a better mid range shooter, but thats all he does. He just pulls up Js, and last year at least he would find that sweet spot, now he looks a step slower and throws up even more garbage shots.

could just be me.

Wow, If a single player on our team threw the same amount and variety of garbage shots that Kobe did, the Forum would explode.

Don't get me wrong, Kobe is the best competitor out there and one of the most talented, but if you want these kind of players to suceed you gotta let them be selfish at times, not start booing. SVG was right, VC can't fit in, he needs to be VC.

2010-2011 Here we go!

quote:
Originally posted by VCplusD12:

Wow, If a single player on our team threw the same amount and variety of garbage shots that Kobe did, the Forum would explode.

Don't get me wrong, Kobe is the best competitor out there and one of the most talented, but if you want these kind of players to suceed you gotta let them be selfish at times, not start booing. SVG was right, VC can't fit in, he needs to be VC.

2010-2011 Here we go!

My feelings exactly.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Kobe winning Finals MVP = a ****ing shame

Yes, his game seven was less than spectacular. But if you really call 28ppg, 8rpg, 4apg and 2spg a "****ing shame" then I'd like to know who'd you have given the finals MVP to?

The guy with 18 points/11.6 rebounds/3.7/assists/2.6 blks, 2 less turnovers and shot 8% better from the field while being tremendous all over the court (minus the flopping).

Fair enough. I guess I saw that response coming.

I don't want to take anything away from Pau (or sound like a Kobe homer) because without Pau the Lakers don't win that championship. But although Pau was huge in the last two games I think his play on the road doesn't warrant the finals MVP award. IMO it was the right decision to give the award to Kobe.

Not just the last two games... Pau was better in the majority of games.

If that is your honest opinion I can only conclude one of two things: Either we have largely differing views of what "being better" means or you're just plain hating on Kobe here (which wouldn't surprise me given you posting history).

Either way I guess we'll have to agree to disagree here.

Kobe has 5 rings and won his last one after putting up all those ****ty shots.

Kobe's allowed to throw up those shots because he is a winner. Someone remind me of the last ring VC won. His chucking has brought him nowhere.

To compare the two is simply asinine.

quote:
I didnt say that. Stop being a ******.

quote:
But I mean we ***** about Carter, 34, not driving, evn tho I agree he should more, but Kobe throws in about 3 drives the whole game.

yes you are. everybody can see what you're trying to do. 'why do we ***** at carter when kobe does the exact same thing?'

because as the above poster said, kobe's shots go in, and is capable of averaging 30 points in the latter half of the playoffs.

i wouldn't be mad at vince either if he just made his shots.

so yes, vince does deserve *****ing. he sucks. quit being another vince apologetic.

dude Im not comparing. Kobe in my book is a top 5 player all time.

Vince is top 80.

And I dont get why you guys are tweaks. It's not unreasonable to say Kobe throws up ****ty shots all the time. Just because hes Kobe doesnt mean he doesnt throw up ****ty shots and does not drive often.

Its not a big deal to say so.

kobe shot 40% this finals and shot 6-26 in his final game 7 where his team won him the game.

Im a huge Kobe fan. It's not like I deny that two of my favorite guards Vince and Kobe throw up complete ****, it's who they are. Difference is Kobe is a winner yes, and Kobe takes 20 more shots on his team.

Dont take it the wrong way. Kobe DID shoot 40% in finals.

Vince shot a bad % too. And yes Vince is not a winner. He's had his one shot this year to prove hes a winner and hes not. Hes just one of the greatest showman to live. Him and Tmac are still my heros. I still loved watchin em play.