Originally posted by John the Jerk:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by John the Jerk:

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

quote:
Yeah it's impossible to think Rashard playing a position he played 9yrs in Seattle is out of the question.

Rashard has admitted himself that he can't. He is too adjusted to the 4 and is not a spring chicken anymore.

I'll trust a player's word about their own body and ability than a lone poster on the forum.

Pierce is no spring chicken either. All he does is pump fake and go to the line. I'm not saying use him there all year but we had pieces we could've used this series. In the playoffs we never even tried using Bass at the 4 with Shard at the 3 because we let him rot on the bench collecting DNP's all year. How smart does it look now that SVG gave all those minutes to Ryan Anderson, he was very ineffective in the post season, Bass looked much better. Do you have any links for Shard saying he can no longer play the 3?

Ryan was extremely effective over the season though

We all know how things change in the playoffs. If titles we're handed out in the regular season Lebron would have several Titles. I'm not hating on Ryan but we never even Honestly tried Bass at the 4. Is this because he can't shoot the 3? If so why sign him in the first place?

we never tried Foyle at the 5 either...

Stupid arguement

How long have we been crying for a True PF with a midrange game to help Dwight? Otis goes out and grabs a good defensive PF with a GREAT midrange game and what does SVG do with him? NOTHING. Do you think Otis and SVG are on the same page? I don't, However, I still like SVG but I think we need to see what we have in Bass. Remember him in Dallas?

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrad:

Tough loss Orlando! Good luck in this off-season. See Ya next year!

Now im actually thinking about Cavs- Magic series because neither fans can stand boston even more. We really underestimated the celtics this year .

I am so disappointed. This team was set up for the championship. I think it comes down to trusting players but when you give the player the opportunity to gain your trust and they continuously fail to show that you can trust them then when do you take back that trust?

Vince Carter will be replaced next season. I think I've bashed him enough that I shouldn't have to repeat myself. He's simply just another player gifted with great talents but won't push himself to be the player that will bring a team to a Larry O'Brien Trophy. His burden is being a cancer to teams that have hope of him leading them far in the playoffs and his legacy will live on.

I hope we'll find someone that will take Rashards contract. He simply isn't an aggressive enough player and doesn't deserve the money that the Magic are paying him which is basically a All-NBA first team type of money. This guy isn't even all NBA third team. If we're stuck with him for his entire contract than he has to be moved to the four. The money that is being paid to him is just holding us back from adding the talents need for this team to grow. He doesn't demand the ball like a leader should. He's definitely not a one on one closer. He's not forcing his will on the other team when he misses his layups that should have been a dunk. A dunk is simply more demoralizing to a team than a layup.

Jameer Nelson needs to keep shooting and that will allow him to create. I think he should also work on leadership qualities. Jameer hasn't been a headcase to watch he'll be here next year. The key thing about Jameer is confidence and he needs to push his confidence of the roof against every other point guard in the league. Especially how he did against Felton and Bibby. He needs to have that same swagger he did the year his season was over early at the halfway point.

JJ Redick is the player we should keep but if the Magic make an effort to keep. JJ shows us improvement every year from year to year. I couldn't ask more from this guy. I can count on him more than I can count on. By far, JJ has shown the most improvement of all the Magic players this season and I couldn't be any excited his knowledge on our team.

I thought Bass and Dwight were going to be banging down low together. My thoughts and hopes were incorrect. The stretch four philosophy took us far but it doesn't help against big man teams. Especially with a player like Rashard playing this position where he's simply outmatched on strength. We need to utilize a traditional lineup at least once. Playing small doesn't win you a championship. The had the a great set of committed big men and even hall of fame centers and power forwards.

Gortat is the one that needs to be traded the most. He's become such a terrible player. Did he really want to start on a team that bad? What if we start Gortat with Dwight next year? Will that change his attitude towards the game and improvement?

Brandon Bass needs to practice control. I think he has the potential to be a great power forward with his strength and size. He looks like JJ did in his first couple of seasons with the Magic. He seems lost and confused. He doesn't know where he should be. If Bass can simply work on these weaknesses which I believe he can do, he would be the perfect compliment to Dwight in the post (financially of course).

Pietrus lacks maturity and restraint at times. He has the top three worst basketball IQs on the team. He simply looks nonchalant on free throw line with his annoying one legged follow through. I think he should have never placed a bet on winning a championship before the season ever started. His simple fundamentals need work. He's yet another wasted talent that fails at absorbing knowledge of the game and utilize his blessings to the maximum.

There isn't a ceiling unless you don't decide to break through it jump on the head and smash it through.

Barnes was great for a while till Boston kept leaving him open. His weakness is not having a shot which we need out of all the players in order to spread the floor for Dwight.

Dwight Howard has improved on his mental weakness to me but he hasn't improved on his free throws. This is in fact the easiest shot to take in the game of basketball in yet he continues to be not shooting even an average percentage. Howard also needs to gain confidence in other variety of post moves that he uses but doesn't utilize within the game. Other than that, Dwight Howard is nearly flawless on defense and I could not ask anymore from him. Overall, he showed no improvement in the season on offense which is where our offense is based off Dwight so he simply must improve on these simple aspects.

Jason Williams did what he should but of course I didn't expect him to be the man out there. Its not much of a surprise that he had a layoff in the playoffs. Its his replacement that will be a factor this off season.

The League:

They definitely need to work on the flopping issue. This should have been dealt with about a decade ago and yet it hasn't.

The issuance of technical and flagrant fouls still continues to be inconsistent and amazingly biased. Sometimes I question the integrity of the league every game I see. I ask myself "How has this problem not been fixed yet?". I've been asking myself that for nearly a decade which is about 8 years. That whole 8 years equals time I've been a Magic fan.

I still don't realize that the league doesn't use the modern 20th century invention of video to review the flaws in the game of basketball and give the league more purity in its desires instead of more greed to feed their pockets.

The officials never are consistent enough for me to trust and I will never trust them after Donaghy. The piss poor management of the league allows the officials to control this league. I remember a previous poster saying that it isn't that David Stern controls the officials, its vice versa. I won't be surprised about anything.

This is the same league that doesn't follow their own rules and decide to apply their rules on players of lesser importance to them financially. The league is corrupted and always will be one sided. There is absolutely nothing anyone can do about this so as fans, we'll be watching the bottom dwellers of the leagues and the Larry O'Brien virgins play through this for however this league lasts.

The Magic:

I still have faith in this team..but I can only hope for so long. We've had great teams for the past three years. One left with a Conference Finals championship and 3 wins short of a title. The other left with nothing but another banner.

I sometimes doubt we'll ever win a championship just because of the unforgettable past and with the crooked league that is presented to us. My belief pushes me through that. There was a time that I even hated this team before I became a serious Magic fan and was just one of those casual people that would not give a care in the world about the Magic. We still have those type of fans here in Orlando that don't give a **** about the Magic when they have a losing record but come piling in when they are in the finals. Sometimes I don't blame them..but sometimes I do. That's why I appreciate the "Real Orlando Magic Fans" in this forum.

Next year...we're going to take this one game at a time and if the team is assembled correctly and everyone is mentally stable, we'll be in the playoffs for another year and looking forward to yet another goal to win a Larry O'Brien. The thing is that Dwight just keeps aging while we have these "Maybe next year" type of years. We need this team to MAKE IT HAPPEN for once.

We have the new events center to look forward to. I don't know how to feel about that really so its whatever. I would have been more excited if there was a championship then a new building but its whatever.

There won't be anymore Magic this 2010 season so the doors on the Amway are closed. Goodnight sweet prince.

quote:
Originally posted by JoweyBoi:

i thought magic has one of the deepest bench in the league. what went wrong? VC and Lewis choke in this series.. i am particular to these 2 because they have the highest salary. Dwight can't win all by himself. i was expecting more from SVG as a coach...

I agree with you that Lewis and Vince didn't show up in this series, but really what is Stan supposed to do when his 2 best perimeter scorers lay big fat goose eggs like that? In the games we lost, our defense looked really awful. That's the thing that most upsets me. I thought our D had taken great strides over the course of the season, and Boston was pretty much getting whatever looks they wanted.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

How bout watching Lewis score with ease in the post when Pierce was on him? For a team that consistently struggled to score and didn't have a single matchup on the floor that forced Boston to double...it defies logic that SVG didn't attempt to force this matchup at least in spurts when the offense bogged down.

Without any will to take a shot at Stan right now, but this was really a bad bad choice IMO.

Bass was forgiven in the bench too... having him @PF, with Shard @SF while Dwight was resting or in foul trouble, would have been a good way to create a mismatch.

No need to have 4 shooters on the lineup if Dwight is sitting.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

He did almost nothing in Dallas statistically speaking. You realize that right?

"Statistically speaking" Who cares? I Prefer to watch how a player impacts a game. There is so much more to a game than stats, I wish people would realize that.

I'm going to use this example to show you you can't always judge a player's worth by stats and not comparing the players. Take T-mac he didn't do much "statistically" in his first 2 season's in Toronto when he was averaging 19 mpg. Then in his third year he got 31mpg and showed improvement. Do you think T-Mac was deserving of a MAX deal "statistically" with his Stats from Toronto?

If you require stats to tell if a player had an impact consider in his last 2 seasons Bass had a PER of 16 or more.

Stats aside, Brandon Bass is a very physical player who just seems to love contact. Bass is very imposing at 6?8? and 250 pounds. He is not all size though, he mixes his size with great athletic ability and a Great midrange game. Bass was considered the 2nd Best Young Up and comming PF behind Utah's Paul Millsap. Otis thought enough about hime to sign him to a 4 yr $18 million deal. Says SVG "He's a guy who can score. He can make a 17-foot jumper. He can score in the low post. He can put it on the floor and take you to the basket, and he

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

How bout watching Lewis score with ease in the post when Pierce was on him? For a team that consistently struggled to score and didn't have a single matchup on the floor that forced Boston to double...it defies logic that SVG didn't attempt to force this matchup at least in spurts when the offense bogged down.

Without any will to take a shot at Stan right now, but this was really a bad bad choice IMO.

Bass was forgiven in the bench too... having him @PF, with Shard @SF while Dwight was resting or in foul trouble, would have been a good way to create a mismatch.

No need to have 4 shooters on the lineup if Dwight is sitting.

DING DING DING. You sir are correct.

Jameer was our best player in the playoffs.

But he sure did blow it this game. the turnovers, the missed shots. THe horrible defense he portrayed not contesting shots.

why didnt he contest shot? Why didnt he jump once I dont get it.

w.e props to playing so well up until game 6 jameer. I'm sure he feels bad.