Sign in to follow this  
ckbook30

Perkins Tech

Does Perkins Technical get rescinded? Is the technical any worse than the technical called on VC in Game 2. In both cases players were walking away from the Ref.

Does Perkins Technical get rescinded? Is the technical any worse than the technical called on VC in Game 2. In both cases players were walking away from the Ref.

I watch a lot of games.

The 2nd tech (where he was whining) has been called on Howard numerous times, so i m fine w/ that tech.

The first will likely get rescinded as upon replay, i didn't see anything that would cause the ref to T him up.

But to the people saying the 2nd tech wasn't legit, that's bull****, it was... How many times have you seen Howard verbally complain and walk away while he's T'd up... happened all the time in regular season. Perkins has to stop whining and play the game.

If they are rescinding 1st tech, I'm also expecting them to upgrade PP's foul/shove on JJ to flagrant 1.

I agree with orlando12, the second tech, the one the media is so strangely up in arms over, was legit. The guy threw a hissy fit. I don't care which way he was facing, he was upstaging the ref.

The first one was bogus. No technical foul needed on either part. There was no escalation, no fear of thing getting out of hand.

If they rescind the first tech, they need to have a little integrity and take Gortat's away as well.

I really doubt they give a flagrant to Pierce after the fact.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

I agree with orlando12, the second tech, the one the media is so strangely up in arms over, was legit. The guy threw a hissy fit. I don't care which way he was facing, he was upstaging the ref.

The first one was bogus. No technical foul needed on either part. There was no escalation, no fear of thing getting out of hand.

Exactly.

I've seen T's called for far less than what Perkins did.

I like Magic's take on the second tech when they asked him if it was a legit technical foul. He says no, then they ask him why, and he replies "Because it gets him ejected." lol

If you trust my lip reading ability Perk said "Dumbass mother ****er" as he walked away, that's a tech!

They're going to probably take away Perk's tech and give it to Dwight, and by that I mean Dwight is going to get one for the elbow on Baby, even though it was Nate's fault. Pierce should get a flagrant, but he won't.

The first one (the double tech) was ludicrous. That is the one the media should be all up in arms about. There was no indication that the situation was going to escalate, no fear of ongoing action. Perkins elbowed Gortat slightly, albeit unintentionally, and Gortat poked the ball away - hardly Ron Artest going into the stands. That one should most definitely be rescinded.

However, the second one is a different matter. At that point in the game, emotions are running high and the refs are trying to control it. A foul - questionable or not - is called on Perkins, and he started to throw one of his patented hissy fits. Don't lie, you know Perkins does it all the time. There is a reason he already had 5 technicals in the playoffs - he complains constantly and in a very demonstrative way (I remember reading someone say they expect him to one day object to a call, turn around and storm off the court, get into the bus and drive home). I would hazard a guess that the refs had discussed it before hand and said they wouldn't put up with it.

And I don't buy the media's "he was going the other way" idea. Last time I checked, basketball arenas are in the round, and thus fans can see Perkins upstaging the refs, regardless of which way he is walking. Perkins has a reputation for 2 things - 1. Complaining and 2. Causing fights with his physical defense. In fact, did you know 5 of his playoff technicals have been double technicals - 3 involved Shaq, 1 involved Dwight, and the one last night.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Exactly.

I've seen T's called for far less than what Perkins did.

It was obvious he elbowed Gortat. He deserved a T, no doubt about it. His elbow didn't slip, hit him in the chest and then he kept applying pressure.

Just because he got that T, he shouldn't be given another one for overreacting to a foul call? Maybe he should have a brain and be cognizant of his T situation.

I think it should stand.