Sign in to follow this  
BRich

Donovan Is Trying to Back Out on the Magic Deal????

back to square one.

man, the Magic needs to hire a DAMAGE CONTROL team whether this allegation is true or not.

Some of you know the NBA far better than I do. What good coaches are left that we would have a reasonable chance of getting?

From Florida Today...

quote:
Magic officials could not be reached on Sunday night and were believed to be on their way to Gainesville to try to persuade Donovan to change his mind.

I hope Donovan realizes that he's lost all credibility pulling this eleventh-hour flip flop. How is he going to preach honor and commitment to his players at UF, when he doesn't honor his own commitments?

Havent we been through enough... Basketball gods throw us a freaking bone already... This was suppose to turn the franchise around. The way its looking the Magic will be the laughing stock of the league... Hell even the Celtics and Knicks will be laughing at us... Billy for your sake this better have just been a rumor.

I wouldnt want you back at UF, you left once what is gonna stop you in the future. Plus you lied to the media about talking to the Magic and then you want out after signing a contract and talking the city up. What can you believe if he does want out???

Please let this just be a bad nightmare...

It would be SVG or Carlesimo. Stan Van Gundy would probably be the better fit but he is said to be in the the lead now to get the job with Sacramento. Theres no one that wouldn't be a marketing let down for the Magic.

It is done .This is not a rumor anymore this is true Donovan is out ,well he's trying to get out of this deal but he's not coming to Orlando that's for sure.We don't deserve this but this is the reality by tomorrow before 11:00A.M Otis has to explain the future of the Magic and the situation with Donovan.......this is a disgrace for this young team

quote:
Originally posted by RU4 The Magic:

What an @ss! No, I don't think I want him leading our players. Brian Hill sucked, but at least he knew what he wanted. This sucks

I agree with Ru4 If hes the type of person that backs out on big decisions like this when you have a SIGNED CONTRACT, hes not the coach for us. Although it would of been nice. Oh well, we will see tommorrow. If not then cmon Stan VG.

from MC

quote:

To: ALL (1 of 1)

I will not confirm this story either way. This is one fire Billy & the Magic front office has to put out all by itself.