Sign in to follow this  
TreyTime

Is Dwight Howard a Batman or a Robin?

To me Batman and Robin is defined from a leadership standpoint and this series has cleary indicated that AT THIS TIME he is a Robin.

Dwight needs Olajuwon and a free throw coach more than anything. He may also need a sport psychologist to implant what it is to be intense and passionate about the game....seriously. He gives a good press conference but his actions on the court leave a lot to be desired when things aren't going his way.

He needs moves and counter moves to be honed and perfected (Olajuwon). I don't care what anyone says he needs a consistent 10-15 foot jumper.

He is also going to eventually need maturity.

Prognosis = Robin

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

Well at this point, Robin, because Howard isn't able to carry a team and soon coaches are going to figure that out and just play him one on one.

Most teams can't play him one on one. Otherwise, our offensive game plan would've been taken advantage of a long time before Boston. Come on, man.

Most can't play him one on one, but I don't know about most mid playoff teams.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well at this point, Robin, because Howard isn't able to carry a team and soon coaches are going to figure that out and just play him one on one.

Most teams can't play him one on one. Otherwise, our offensive game plan would've been taken advantage of a long time before Boston. Come on, man.

Other than Boston, I can't think of a team that wouldn't end up double teaming.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Lakers?

Dwight and Jameer are Batman and Robin...Only problem is, Vince Carter's irrelevant in the playoffs, ala Mo Williams..I'm still a firm believer that Turk was better for this team than Vince Carter, but that's not important...

I didn't watch much of Game 2, but Games 1 and 3 weren't even close.

quote:
Originally posted by Sinister_Grin:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Lakers?

They send Odom...

Every time someone mentions Hakeem as a choice for Dwight's instructor, I die a little. It's the most cliche response to a subject regarding someone's "post game". Dwight needs to find it in himself to become a better player WITHOUT the assistance of a great. The guy should have the drive to become his own breed of player, not the next Hakeem/Ewing/Shaq/etc.

I fully believe we'll see a new Dwight next season that is incomparable to the other greats we consistently contrast him with.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Every time someone mentions Hakeem as a choice for Dwight's instructor, I die a little. It's the most cliche response to a subject regarding someone's "post game". Dwight needs to find it in himself to become a better player WITHOUT the assistance of a great. The guy should have the drive to become his own breed of player, not the next Hakeem/Ewing/Shaq/etc.

I fully believe we'll see a new Dwight next season that is incomparable to the other greats we consistently contrast him with.

Is that an incomparable meaning "not even close" or an incomparable meaning "above and beyond"?