Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

PASS FIRST PG, or the really really early NBA Draft/offseason Thread.

Boozer isn't undersized. He is listed at 6'9" 260. He cleans up on the boards.

Where he fits in the offense/what to do with Shard is the issue.

VC and Gortat are likely history. Why?

Let's look at this logically.

First of all, we lost. Our roster isn't good enough, and Otis has and will make fairly major changes. VC and Gortat are our biggest trade assets. VC is an expiring whose name can sell tickets, and Gortat is a good young center, which is a rarity. Their contracts combined are roughly equivalent to max NBA contract dollars.

Five names to really look out for:

1.) Carlos Boozer

2.) Rudy Gay

3.) Dirk Nowitzki

4.) Joe Johnson

5.) Amare Stoudemire

Each of these players' respective teams have a lot of money coming off the books in 2011 (Atlanta and Phoenix not as much) and will be eager to enter the Carmelo Anthony sweepstakes. Enter VC's expiring contract, a good young center in Gortat, and you have the makings of a sign-and-trade. Especially since all these teams probably realize they're not 'chip material as is.

If we do end up with either Dirk, Boozer or Amare, also look for us to trade Lewis for Gilbert Arenas, to clear space at PF and to replace VC at SG.

Okay... seeing as my thread was locked, i'll re-post here:

per Alex Kennedy's twitter account:

quote:

Orlando hasn't shown much interest in working out any point guards in this draft class so I assume they will look to free agency for backup.

quote:

They haven't held any workouts but they've sent out invites. They're focusing more on wing players. RT @iAREayo who are they working out?

quote:

@iAREayo They're keeping their options open and bringing in some second round guys too. I'm not even sure they'll keep their first rounder.

Thoughts?

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

VC and Gortat are likely history. Why?

Let's look at this logically.

First of all, we lost. Our roster isn't good enough, and Otis has and will make fairly major changes. VC and Gortat are our biggest trade assets. VC is an expiring whose name can sell tickets, and Gortat is a good young center, which is a rarity. Their contracts combined are roughly equivalent to max NBA contract dollars.

Five names to really look out for:

1.) Carlos Boozer

2.) Rudy Gay

3.) Dirk Nowitzki

4.) Joe Johnson

5.) Amare Stoudemire

Each of these players' respective teams have a lot of money coming off the books in 2011 (Atlanta and Phoenix not as much) and will be eager to enter the Carmelo Anthony sweepstakes. Enter VC's expiring contract, a good young center in Gortat, and you have the makings of a sign-and-trade. Especially since all these teams probably realize they're not 'chip material as is.

If we do end up with either Dirk, Boozer or Amare, also look for us to trade Lewis for Gilbert Arenas, to clear space at PF and to replace VC at SG.

I would be pissing myself if we get Rudy Gay. Championship!

If the Magic aren't looking at a back up PG in the draft, then it would need to be through a S&T or free agent.

Interesting name in the free agent point guard list: Rafer Alston. Maybe he makes the trip back down to OTown? Probably not, but I really liked the idea of him and Nelson doing a 1-2 punch.