Sign in to follow this  
Waiting For That Day

Your thoughts on this comment on Dwights Blog

quote:
Originally posted by T REX:

He will win championships?

Plural?

No offense but that is taking things for granted.

Hakeem would never have won ONE let alone two had MJ not semi-retired.

The lake show looks insane right and whomever goes out of the east is going to lose to them.

Our roster is not a "longterm" roster. There will be huge changes this off-season. A power shift will occur.

Outside of blind homerism....not sure where you "see" multiple championships for orlando.

plz leave the forums

quote:

Plural?

The lake show looks insane right and whomever goes out of the east is going to lose to them.

Our roster is not a "longterm" roster. There will be huge changes this off-season. A power shift will occur.

Outside of blind homerism....not sure where you "see" multiple championships for orlando.

Best part about this guy posting again: he came back after a loss.

...It sure would be nice to win it this year. It's doubtfull that the Magic will have a team as good as it does now. Im sure Dwight will grow more. To keep rebuilding keep readjusting chemistry, gameplan and w.e. He doesnt even need to step to another level. Just play like Howard can play.

and it is this year or bust for VC, Shard likely, J Will, and a few others.

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

quote:

Plural?

plz leave the forums

Seconded. Like the lake show is built for the long term? Kobe is a walking trauma center and Pau is a year or two away from where the Celtics are now. Who is gonna step up? Bynum? He is rapidly catching up to Oden on games missed. Artest? He's older then all of them. The Lakers have possibly one maybe two more years and that is generous. The Magic have two key players over 30 and that is it.

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

just as a predicted last week, one loss would lead to all the chicken little dbags returning

lmao...

quote:

Plural?

I don't consider it blind homerism. I think when you have a center as dominant as Dwight Howard and several other pieces in place around him, there will be a good championship opportunity every season. He's made the Magic contenders now, and he will only get better. In my opinion (and I've watched NBA basketball for a long time) Orlando will win more than one championship in the next 10-12 years as long as Howard is apart of that team. I think it's quite clearly your blind homerism that makes you so easily dismiss that opinion.

I wouldn't mind if dwight spends the summer in a big man camp or doing drills with hakeem.

inspite of his "flaws", dwight can already do something with his skillset, speed and athleticism. before game 1 he said he was gonna use his speed against perkins but must have forgotten it come game time.

i thought he was gonna do some face ups, do the jab step... vary it with his little off the boards jumper... use some of his up and under lay-in... and im not even talking about his various hooks yet an other movges he can do with his his left and right. stuff he has shown all season

bottom line is he gotta do better decision on what he should use. he should quit trying to out muscle perk if he is just gonna throw up a shot from the right side of his head.

and yeah, i believe a summer of working on those moves will help him a lot and erase the sweeping hook from his muscle memory. i know they do go in sometimes... but let pat ewing bury that move with him.

Some fans are angry with Dwight. I know that I am. I really wish He would stop whining all the time. If you do not want players to hit you, get your FT.

I can't complain much. We are in the conference finals again so it's a far cry from yesteryear wth the guaranteed losing. I still feel lke we are not there yet. I really feel that we can not beat certain teams with this style of play. We still need a power forward to bang with the likes of these Celtics. Either that or D12 needs to be dominant offensively in this style of offense. I hope that we can win it this year and pray that I am wrong. I am still very excited about our team just not as confident as others. Go Magic!!!