Sign in to follow this  
ManuGinobili

"Chokingest Cities"

This could only increase our players and fans morale...

"4. Orlando. Just because a city has only one major professional sports franchise doesn't mean it doesn't rank among the biggest gaggers of all in my book.

Young Shaquille O'Neal and Penny Hardaway were on to something big early-on against the Houston Rockets in the 1995 NBA Finals. But then Nick Anderson missed four free throws in the final 10 seconds of regulation in Game 1. It was painful to watch. Had he made just one, the Magic would have avoided overtime. Instead, they lost that game 120-118, and ultimately the series.

A few years later, young Tracy McGrady was talking about how nice it was to reach the second-round of the NBA playoffs. There was one problem. The Magic were up only 3-1 over the Pistons in the series and, you guessed it, lost three straight. T-Mac is still waiting to advance to the second round. And now there are the Magic of young Dwight Howard. Will they make a return trip to the NBA Finals? And if they do, will they prevail or fall short like they did against the Lakers last season? For now, they remain fourth on my list thanks to those earlier pratfalls. "

This could only increase our players and fans morale...

"4. Orlando. Just because a city has only one major professional sports franchise doesn't mean it doesn't rank among the biggest gaggers of all in my book.

Young Shaquille O'Neal and Penny Hardaway were on to something big early-on against the Houston Rockets in the 1995 NBA Finals. But then Nick Anderson missed four free throws in the final 10 seconds of regulation in Game 1. It was painful to watch. Had he made just one, the Magic would have avoided overtime. Instead, they lost that game 120-118, and ultimately the series.

A few years later, young Tracy McGrady was talking about how nice it was to reach the second-round of the NBA playoffs. There was one problem. The Magic were up only 3-1 over the Pistons in the series and, you guessed it, lost three straight. T-Mac is still waiting to advance to the second round. And now there are the Magic of young Dwight Howard. Will they make a return trip to the NBA Finals? And if they do, will they prevail or fall short like they did against the Lakers last season? For now, they remain fourth on my list thanks to those earlier pratfalls. "

Hmm, I'd like to see the rest of that list if you could point me in the right direction. Interested to see if Kansas City is on there anywhere. The Chiefs have choked quite a few times. More times than the Magic by far...

Don't worry about them. There bringing up things that happened a decade ago.

How is the entire city choking because a sports team lost a couple of games?

This contains an inordinate amount of stupid.