Sign in to follow this  
jaxmagicfan

Hubie Brown on The Rude Awakening

http://www.680thefan.com/audio.../rude_awakening.php#

This was following the Hawks - Magic series and has some good stuff about the Magic in the first few minutes or so.

It's long at over 25 minutes but I think Hubie Brown tells it like it is and knows his basketball. I actually thought he would have been a good coach for the Magic way back when.

I found this also from back in November and he pretty much nailed it on Magic going into the playoffs.

quote:
But the big picture, in my opinion, is that I think Orlando in the second half of the season will be functioning like a well-oiled machine. When you add Carter and Lewis to the starting lineup, you take Matt Barnes and Brandon Bass and J.J. Redick and put them on your second unit. Naturally, the coaching staff will have an excellent nine- or 10-man rotation of experienced players. Everyone will know their role. The defense will be there.

The coaching staff does an excellent job in their preparation for teams, and I feel that the first unit will have had time to work out the necessary idiosyncrasies

This was following the Hawks - Magic series and has some good stuff about the Magic in the first few minutes or so.

It's long at over 25 minutes but I think Hubie Brown tells it like it is and knows his basketball. I actually thought he would have been a good coach for the Magic way back when.

I found this also from back in November and he pretty much nailed it on Magic going into the playoffs.

quote:
But the big picture, in my opinion, is that I think Orlando in the second half of the season will be functioning like a well-oiled machine. When you add Carter and Lewis to the starting lineup, you take Matt Barnes and Brandon Bass and J.J. Redick and put them on your second unit. Naturally, the coaching staff will have an excellent nine- or 10-man rotation of experienced players. Everyone will know their role. The defense will be there.

The coaching staff does an excellent job in their preparation for teams, and I feel that the first unit will have had time to work out the necessary idiosyncrasies

quote:
Originally posted by jaxmagicfan:

quote:

So am I understanding correctly that HoopCzar's biggest issue with Hubie Brown is that in an article, Brown identified Matt Barnes as a bench player during a portion of the season where he, Barnes, was coming off the bench?

quote:
Originally posted by Freex:

Why is it so hard for me to follow HoopsCzar's posts? I guess it's because English is my second language and the posts use many formal words...?

It's because your brain goes all blue screen trying to read his gibberish and you just want to hit ESC, ESC, ESC, ESC...

Don't worry, happens to everyone here.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

So am I understanding correctly that HoopCzar's biggest issue with Hubie Brown is that in an article, Brown identified Matt Barnes as a bench player during a portion of the season where he, Barnes, was coming off the bench?

LOL

Major love from Hubie in that audio clip. Its always good to hear compliments from someone who actually knows the sport.

Fluff?

But the big picture, in my opinion, is that I think Orlando in the second half of the season will be functioning like a well-oiled machine.

Check.

When you add Carter and Lewis to the starting lineup, you take Matt Barnes and Brandon Bass and J.J. Redick and put them on your second unit.

A little off, particularly with Barnes.

Naturally, the coaching staff will have an excellent nine- or 10-man rotation of experienced players.

Check

Everyone will know their role.

Check

The defense will be there.

Check

I guess the "HoopsCzar" has some issues with Hubie Brown, the Hall of Famer...

In a nutshell, Hubie just had some positive things to say about the Magic. Take it for what its worth.