Sign in to follow this  
PrOdigy ReBoRn

C.J Watson "..Tell otis to get me there ASAP"

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

God I don't want to comment on offseason stuff right now but I can't help it.

Please bring in CJ. Maybe dangle Bass at them.

Although, I doubt we will deal Bass this summer. We may trade Gortat and keep Bass.

Trading a center that could start for most teams (and the way Biedrins played this year, he might start for the Warriors) in exchange for a backup point guard is a horrific decision. Furthermore, the salaries don't match so we would have to take on additional salary. No thank you.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

God I don't want to comment on offseason stuff right now but I can't help it.

Please bring in CJ. Maybe dangle Bass at them.

Although, I doubt we will deal Bass this summer. We may trade Gortat and keep Bass.

Trading a center that could start for most teams (and the way Biedrins played this year, he might start for the Warriors) in exchange for a backup point guard is a horrific decision. Furthermore, the salaries don't match so we would have to take on additional salary. No thank you.

Boom.

Bass for C.J. is intriguing. I already mentioned that I felt like we probably won't be seeing him next year.

No need to start throwing names to get CJ, we're the big dogs in the market now, CJ or otherwise, I see no reason to throw Gortat's name up there.

I like CJ, is an absolute jet and could be turned into a defensive beast at he 1 under SVG. Would be a solid 1-2 back up guy.

Gortat is only a backup center in Orlando. On all but maybe 5 teams in the NBA he would be the starter and at his age and salary be the teams best bargain. No way you trade a talented young big for a player who isnt getting minutes on a bad team. Maybe if GS threw in their first this year and maybe next...but Gortats value to our club is immense given dwights propensity to pick up fouls quickly (IE the refs deciding if he should play or not for david stern).

Personally, Im glad the refs were so anti dwight in the cats series. It allowed gortat to show the team and league his true value. I know his numbers werent great but I think he increased his value like he did in the sixers series last year. He should be a great bargaining chip in the off season but I hope he stays.

The problem with signing CJ to the bi-annual is that warriors will defentially match it. Thats why otis didnt offer part of the mid-level to him last offseason.

Also if we did so and warriors matched it then we would not be able to acquire CJ in a trade for a year. (like gortat and dallas)