Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

BDL: Jameer Nelson's Great Leap Forward

quote:

For the record I still prefer Mighty Mouse, but "Crazy Nuts the Executioner" is a fine #2 alternate.

I love Jameer and Dwight, but what's up with the Orlando and media/fans stealing other players nicknames instead of inventing our own. Of course you have the superman thing,

but no one seems to remember Damon Stoudamire, who was the original Mighty Mouse

lets not go down this road again

quote:
Originally posted by ReeceGaines:

quote:

For the record I still prefer Mighty Mouse, but "Crazy Nuts the Executioner" is a fine #2 alternate.

I love Jameer and Dwight, but what's up with the Orlando and media/fans stealing other players nicknames instead of inventing our own. Of course you have the superman thing,

but no one seems to remember Damon Stoudamire, who was the original Mighty Mouse

Does this mean we have to stop calling you "3rd Worst Magic 1st Rounder Ever?"

Seems specific enough to me!

Crazy Nuts was somehow coined by the Third Quarter Collapse (now Orlando Pinstriped Post) crew. Not sure the story behind it. At least it is original.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Crazy Nuts was somehow coined by the Third Quarter Collapse (now Orlando Pinstriped Post) crew. Not sure the story behind it. At least it is original.

Not quite, they are just jumping on the bandwagon I thought.

quote:
Originally posted by ReeceGaines:

quote:

how old are you to even remember that? i can't even remember anyone calling damon stoudamire anything but a bust.

and the whole superman thing is blown out of the water, it's obvious dwight liked that soulja boy song and like any other 23 year old decided to pull a crazy stunt, the fact that there was a bag of money and marketing possibilities thrown in his face is beyond any of us and even him, but i wouldn't care either and i'm glad dwight can make a buck out of it.

a)shaq is angry that someone stole his 'nickname'

b)shaq is angry that he didn't get the marketing money from said 'nickname'

it's probably b.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Not quite, they are just jumping on the bandwagon I thought.

You may be right. All I know is after one of the Bobcats games, I went on Twitter, and Ben Rock was championing it like crazy.

Any clue where it started?