Sign in to follow this  
Magics Fan from Syria

Crowd going home in 3rd Quarter

I'm ok with the leaving, its not what I would do, even in a blow out but im cool with it. What I'm not cool is how over half the arena seems to be too cool to where there **** blue and white shirts. I see OKC and their entire crowd, from kids to high dollar business guys all got their shirts on. Get freaking with it and put em on!!!

Well I was at the game last night too, and yes I did see people leave in the third quarter, but just because people left in the third quarter doesnt reflect on every Magic fan... I for one stay the entire game because A) I'm a huge fan and B) I paid top dollar to see the game... Usually the people who leave early are foreigners who don't care a lick about basketball or like a dad with his little son or daughter who are bored or old people to beat traffic, thats the same at every arena across the globe, so dont disrespect us Magic fans just because a couple people leave early out of of almost a 50 point win, Thank you

quote:
Originally posted by skinnyhoops:

When I attend games, I always stay until the final buzzer. Thats mostly because I don't get to attend many games each season, maybe 5 a year.

If you use the parking lots near Concord Road and I-4, you won't be stuck in traffic long at all. I park there all the time, and it takes me a few minutes to get out of the lot and about 10-15 minutes to get back on I-4 EAST.

My little street made it on the world wide web! Anyway, for me I am able to walk to games so I can stay till the very end. I have driven there before, however, when going out for dinner after a game. I don't blame people for leaving early considering it takes a long time to get out of the parking lot then getting off the small outlet street. Wish I could have gone to a game this year. smile_svgsad.png

quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden:

I was in Oklahoma City to see the Magic play, and went there for a couple other games throughout the season. Their fans put ours to shame sadly. It was apparent in the playoffs as well. They're loud as can be, and gave a standing ovation to the Thunder directly after them blowing the game on a missed box out that cost them the series. I remember the Magic crowd being a whole lot better back in the Shaq/Penny era.

The OK fans are awesome. The other night when they played last at home, everyone was wearing blue t-shirts. There was not a Laker jersey in the crowd that I could see and not a non-blue shirt any where.

I noticed in Orlando in the first round how many were not wearing the Blue and White Ignite t's. I have five of them and wear them proudly. Picked up a lot of rally rackets and towels last year that were left behind.

1. Paul Porter is awesome.

2. I'm sure some Hawks fans left, can you blame them?

3. The t shirt situation: Having been and still being a bit of a "bigger girl" the shirt on your seat is not always a size you can wear. Last year I wore an xl but always seemed to be stuck with a medium. I would try to trade with someone but it didnt always happen. My seats always had the same size shirt on them, game after game. It is a pretty embarrassing situation made worse by being heckled to put on your shirt. Not saying this is always the case, but try a little consideration.

staying after the game is over is the best, well at least I got to meet some players. And if you wanna see the players drive out in their sick cars. Pietrus is always willing to meet fans.

Oh and I didnt see many ppl leave at all after the 3rd I dont know what you were watching

oh and anyone who was at that game I'm extremely jelous of..musta been such a show.

quote:
Originally posted by Quester:

I'd like to see such a crowd:

lol, you'll never... white (american) people are way too boring for that

quote:
Originally posted by Its just zo:

quote:

I was in Oklahoma City to see the Magic play, and went there for a couple other games throughout the season. Their fans put ours to shame sadly. It was apparent in the playoffs as well. They're loud as can be, and gave a standing ovation to the Thunder directly after them blowing the game on a missed box out that cost them the series. I remember the Magic crowd being a whole lot better back in the Shaq/Penny era.

hahaha they are a city with a new team silly man. We went to the finals last year and have had a team for 20+ years. They just got theirs. Give them 20 years and see how loud and crazy they get in the 1st round

Yeah, I know. I'm just saying right now they are awesome. That's how it is in Oklahoma. Whenever something new comes along, people flock to it like maniacs. Tulsa just recently got a Krispy Kreme....the line was like 25 cars long all day for a few months straight. KRISPY KREME of all things. I'm sure it'll die down, but for now I wish our fans were like that.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Its just zo:

quote:

hahaha they are a city with a new team silly man. We went to the finals last year and have had a team for 20+ years. They just got theirs. Give them 20 years and see how loud and crazy they get in the 1st round

Yeah, I know. I'm just saying right now they are awesome. That's how it is in Oklahoma. Whenever something new comes along, people flock to it like maniacs. Tulsa just recently got a Krispy Kreme....the line was like 25 cars long all day for a few months straight. KRISPY KREME of all things. I'm sure it'll die down, but for now I wish our fans were like that.

Don't worry, I'm sure the Kansas City Magics will be very, very loud.

I can't figure out why the crowd isn't loud sometimes but it is Florida and we do have a lot of old people as ticket holders, I think that might be a big reason why we aren't always loud.