Sign in to follow this  
TnMagicFan

The Magic's future?

Well assuming Otis and the management team keep the core of Dwight, Darko, Jameer, Trevor, and JJ, where do you think they can be in 2 to 5 years. Do you think Dwight will be a 25 or 30 and 15 guy? Do you think Darko can get to the 15 and 10 plateu? Will Trevor be a 25ppg guy in the future? And what about JJ and Jameer?

Just thought with the great young core that we have and a bright future ahead(assuming something is done about the coaching position)that I would get your opinions on what we think we have to look forward to. Maybe while we think about this and reply we can close our eyes and think about it and smile. Our future is bright!

Well assuming Otis and the management team keep the core of Dwight, Darko, Jameer, Trevor, and JJ, where do you think they can be in 2 to 5 years. Do you think Dwight will be a 25 or 30 and 15 guy? Do you think Darko can get to the 15 and 10 plateu? Will Trevor be a 25ppg guy in the future? And what about JJ and Jameer?

Just thought with the great young core that we have and a bright future ahead(assuming something is done about the coaching position)that I would get your opinions on what we think we have to look forward to. Maybe while we think about this and reply we can close our eyes and think about it and smile. Our future is bright!

quote:
Originally posted by TnMagicFan:

I don't think Dwight will get to 30/15. I think he's going to be losing too many rebounds to Darko and others on the team to do that, but I do think he can hit a point a few years from now where he'll be averaging close to 30. Lets say 30/13.5

I think Darko(at least playing for Orlando) will max out at around 8.5 rebounds per game. Similar to Dwight, I just think they'll be taking too many rebounds from each other to both be averaging more than 10. I do think that if he improves his shooting(which is coming along), he could average 15-18ppg. So lets say 16/8.5 for Darko, which is still something most teams would kill for from a bigman, particularly their "other" big man.

Unless Trevor develops a good 3point shot, he'll never average 25 a game. I'd say he'll peak around 20, and a lot of that will come from offensive rebounds.

JJ is the kind of player whose output will vary widely from night to night, but I can see him averaging 12-15 a game, while scoring 25-30 when he gets hot on some nights(think Dennis Scott).

Jameer, if he gets in control, could be the kind of slashing point guard who averages 16-18ppg and also 5-6 assists a game, which is what he needs to be doing. Fewer threes, more drives inside.

JJ is the kind of player whose output will vary widely from night to night, but I can see him averaging 12-15 a game, while scoring 25-30 when he gets hot on some nights(think Dennis Scott).

I would love to see JJ turn out to be the likes of 3-D! Talk about a huge part of the best team this franchise has put on the floor, 3-D was a big time clutch shooter. Be nice to have that again!

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

I don't think Dwight will get to 30/15. I think he's going to be losing too many rebounds to Darko and others on the team to do that, but I do think he can hit a point a few years from now where he'll be averaging close to 30. Lets say 30/13.5

I think Darko(at least playing for Orlando) will max out at around 8.5 rebounds per game. Similar to Dwight, I just think they'll be taking too many rebounds from each other to both be averaging more than 10. I do think that if he improves his shooting(which is coming along), he could average 15-18ppg. So lets say 16/8.5 for Darko, which is still something most teams would kill for from a bigman, particularly their "other" big man.

Unless Trevor develops a good 3point shot, he'll never average 25 a game. I'd say he'll peak around 20, and a lot of that will come from offensive rebounds.

Jameer, if he gets in control, could be the kind of slashing point guard who averages 16-18ppg and also 5-6 assists a game, which is what he needs to be doing. Fewer threes, more drives inside.

Great post TnMagic and Drunk!

I agree that there just won't be enough rebounds to go around. Unless we start bricking shots or Dwight and Darko start throwing it off the backboard to each other.

quote:

I would love to see JJ turn out to be the likes of 3-D! Talk about a huge part of the best team this franchise has put on the floor, 3-D was a big time clutch shooter. Be nice to have that again!

Are u kidding me JJ Redick...Dennis Scott. What are u smokin?

quote:
Originally posted by Scarred for Life:

quote:

To clarify, I meant that like Dennis Scott, JJ's point totals will vary, since both are hot/cold shooters. I wasn't trying to compare their overall games.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by Scarred for Life:

quote:

To clarify, I meant that like Dennis Scott, JJ's point totals will vary, since both are hot/cold shooters. I wasn't trying to compare their overall games.

Oh...OK just making sure you hadn't fallen off a building or anything.

quote:

I think Ariza will get traded to the Lakers and play against us in the finals

quote:
Originally posted by MagicFanBen:

quote:

I think Ariza will get traded to the Lakers and play against us in the finals

Darko will shut him down.