Sign in to follow this  
London Magic

Dwight Fined 35k For Blog Comments!!

After looking at that youtube of the Camby foul(or lack of) I spent the next hour looking at all the phantom Joey Crawford calls...How is this guy still in the league???

Anyways here are a couple of my favs:

Tim Duncan 2x Techs for Laughing, on the bench

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...QEz8&feature=related

Joey Crawford pushing over Damon Jones and calling his foul on Billups

quote:
Originally posted by Bradspace:

quote:
Originally posted by Mickinator:

quote:
Originally posted by Svanxx:

Until David Stern and his robot buddies are replaced, the NBA will continue to allow terrible reffing.

Even as bad as the calls were against Dwight were this series, nothing was as horrible as the call that happened in the Phoenix vs. Portland series nothing was as horrible as the call that happened in the Phoenix vs. Portland series. That was the worse call I've ever seen, well besides when Dwight cleanly blocked Lebron's 3 pointer.

Who was the call on and what happened? Didn't see the game I don't think.

This is absolutely ridiculous! With the stuff he has called in the past I'm tempted to say that Joey Crawford is the worst ref ever. I think I've seen better referees on high-school level.

As for D12 and his fine, I certainly saw that coming - no surprise there. Though I don't think his comments were worthy of a fine. But then again, I thought the same about some of SVG's comments in the past.

quote:
Originally posted by deadman54:

for those that are angry at stern for this really dont understand sports contracts.

The NBA would have a clause in the everyones contract relating to commenting on officals and dwight clearly breached that.

as far as im concerned any player that wants to attck the officals on thier own blog is dumb and deserves the fine.

You read the whole thread and came up with everyoneis mad at Stern because of the fine? Come on, the ref's suck. There is some sort of agenda, either personal or by the league as a whole, and Stern does not address this problem. You think if this were to happen in the NFL Goodell would not take care of it Quick? He would protect the shield as he puts it. The image of the league should come 1st and foremost. Right now a lot of people do not believe in the competitive balance in the NBA. I only watch Magic games, and some playoffs because the refs are so crooked. I used to watch every game I could. I know a lot of people that do not even watch any more because they think the Bookies are in charge, what does that tell you????

quote:

for those that are angry at stern for this really dont understand sports contracts.

The NBA would have a clause in the everyones contract relating to commenting on officals and dwight clearly breached that.

as far as im concerned any player that wants to attck the officals on thier own blog is dumb and deserves the fine.

No one is shocked, or mad that Dwight was fined. Everyone here is a little ticked about the situation in general, which Stern has cultivated and allows to continue.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

No one is shocked, or mad that Dwight was fined. Everyone here is a little ticked about the situation in general, which Stern has cultivated and allows to continue.

Stern's condescending public comments about Stan last week were as bad as anything I've heard him say. He is showing how little he thinks of any one coach, GM, player, or team that is not on his own personal list of favorites.

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

we live in a free f'ing country

crap like this just furthers the chatter of the league having big issues with competitive fairness

I wonder if its possible that you can remain this stupid.

LOL @ you thinking "Free Country" means you can say whatever you want without consequence

Jturner01, I agree with you 100%! The NBA needs to take note of how the NFL manages its league. The formula the NFL uses, in all aspects of the game, is nearly perfect. At least better than any other professional sports league out there. I don

quote:
Matt_Barnes22

They say the TRUTH shall set u free. Now days it just hurts ur wallet!!

smile_svgsad.png

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Matt_Barnes22

smile_svgsad.png

Dude, Matty is paying to be on this team.

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

quote:

quote:
Matt_Barnes22

smile_svgsad.png

Hahaha, seriously.

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

quote:

quote:
Matt_Barnes22

smile_svgsad.png

I see many packs of ramen noodles in his future.