Sign in to follow this  
Malachi

Cavs vs Celtics

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

I stopped watching this game after Jeff Van Gundy said he would take Dwight Howard off all nba first team and defensive team and put pau gasol.

now ive herd it all ...

jeff is just a complete tool espn has really brain washed him.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:
Originally posted by MMacOH:

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

quote:
Originally posted by MMacOH:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

I think that game was an eyeopener for James, and he is going to milk this "injury" for all it's worth. It's his ticket to leaving without feeling guilty.

That game showed that Cleveland will have a very tough time winning anything without James playing at maximum effort and effectiveness. Cleveland simply does not have the manpower to play a mre well rounded game.

The elbow gives him an excuse if they lose. He can say he did everything he could, and it isn't his fault the rest of the team wasn't able to pull their weight.

I think it's his master plan to get Mike Brown fired and bring in the coach he really wants. icon_wink.gif

For what it's worth, the Cavs beat reporter who has followed Lebron since high school says there is no chance Lebron is leaving. Of course, that really doesn't mean squat

We thought the same thing about Shaq right up until he signed with the Lakers. Fact is the only one who really knows is Lebron.

I still can't believe Shaq left, just unprecedented. At least you guys didn't have to hear about the possibility of Shaq leaving from the day he was drafted.

Believe me, we did.

Yup, I remember some analysts even sayingntht Shaq should sit out another year and become a free agent to sign with any team. I remember him saying how his dream was to be a laker back then, just like Lebron dreams NYC life.

quote:
Originally posted by deadman54:

quote:

I stopped watching this game after Jeff Van Gundy said he would take Dwight Howard off all nba first team and defensive team and put pau gasol.

now ive herd it all ...

jeff is just a complete tool espn has really brain washed him.

I'm pretty sure he's being sarcastic, ever since he was told to stop being a Magic homer.

quote:

well nearing the end of the first quarter in game and it is a joke 8 on 5 for sure,

So just to clarify, the refs allowed Cleveland to shoot 69% from the floor in the 1st quarter? And 59% for the game? smile_flush.gif

If you watched that game and thought the refs had anything to do with the result, then you need to just stop watching basketball.

When one team is driving to the basket for EVERY shot and the other is shooting outside of 15 feet on EVERY attempt, surely the team that is attacking will shoot more FT's. It's not a hard concept.

The whole "8 on 5" thing is stupid. I'm sorry you're not going to get to play the Celtics but sheesh, Cleveland had 2 more fouls called on them and only shot 5 more FT's. Cleveland OUTPLAYED Boston. If that wasn't unbelievably obvious, I have some books printed in braille for you.

Normally stuff like this (ref talk) doesn't bother me but wow......if you watched that game and didn't think Boston was over matched, then I have no idea what to tell you.

I thought it had more to do with Boston NOT SHOWING UP AT ALL. The officiating pretty bad but the Celtics didn't give themselves a chance. Everyone looks like a role player out there now. I don't see a big three whatsoever.

quote:

I thought it had more to do with Boston NOT SHOWING UP AT ALL. The officiating pretty bad but the Celtics didn't give themselves a chance. Everyone looks like a role player out there now. I don't see a big three whatsoever.

This. Boston looks out of gas.

quote:

Anyone hear JVG's comment about if there are any children being born in Cleveland, their parents should be naming them "Lebron" or "Lebronette"...

quote:
Originally posted by LeBroncious:

quote:

well nearing the end of the first quarter in game and it is a joke 8 on 5 for sure,

So just to clarify, the refs allowed Cleveland to shoot 69% from the floor in the 1st quarter? And 59% for the game? smile_flush.gif

If you watched that game and thought the refs had anything to do with the result, then you need to just stop watching basketball.

When one team is driving to the basket for EVERY shot and the other is shooting outside of 15 feet on EVERY attempt, surely the team that is attacking will shoot more FT's. It's not a hard concept.

The whole "8 on 5" thing is stupid. I'm sorry you're not going to get to play the Celtics but sheesh, Cleveland had 2 more fouls called on them and only shot 5 more FT's. Cleveland OUTPLAYED Boston. If that wasn't unbelievably obvious, I have some books printed in braille for you.

Normally stuff like this (ref talk) doesn't bother me but wow......if you watched that game and didn't think Boston was over matched, then I have no idea what to tell you.

If you really believe that Lebron does not get the get calls in his favor 99% of the time, that you are being a homer. Boston had a bad shooting night and their defense was lacking, maybe because of the terrible reffing the 1st quarter. The series is not won yet. I do not think Cavs are going to shoot that high % forever. This game really made me hate the Cavs, Lebron and the fans even more.

In the 1st quarter, Cleveland shot 70% from the floor, while Boston shot 27%. Boston missed 10 of their first 13 shots. That was clearly the difference.

Maybe there were a few calls you disagreed with but there's absolutely no way to overcome that kind of shooting disparity.

Cleveland came out and set the tone with their aggressive play. They attacked the basketball on nearly every possession and made a concerted effort to get the ball inside to Shaq. When you have guys that are as big and strong as Shaq and LeBron, they're going to draw fouls when they get in the paint.

In terms of LeBron getting calls, I won't deny he gets his fair share. Do I think it's 99% of the time? Well, obviously no. The result you saw in game 3 was simply Cleveland finally playing a good game.

There's no way to blame the refs when you're team is down 29 points at a point. There is no way a ref could get away with doing that much damage in a game.

This series is over. I doubt Boston's ability to rebound from a game like that.