Sign in to follow this  
Malachi

Cavs vs Celtics

3 days off too till the next game in Boston. Coming off a blowout win while also coming home and at the same time getting your older guns some good time off where they can even get a no practice day? You gotta think Boston is feeling good.

Anyone got that blatant travel that LeBron did? Normally I don't buy into the whole "refs love them some LeBron" stuff but if i'm not mistaken he took two steps before his jump stop. Only saw the replay once so I could be wrong but I gotta see it again.

The thing that worries me is if cleveland gets hot.

Boston are playing the best (close to) they can atm and cleveland are playing crap...if they get on fire it could be bad for next round.

Hate the Celtics...but i have to say Go Celtics! This series.

Just watched the postgame presser. Man, Mike Brown was pissed!

I like how he said: "Lebron's elbow is fine. Neither him nor his trainers said anything to me. If it is bothering him then it's news to me."

quote:
Originally posted by BillFan:

I feel like I kind of need a shower though after cheering for the Celts.

While a lot of you are getting all giddy about the Cavs losing one game, it looks to be a fairly easy solution for Cleveland: just play harder.

When the Cavs give sustained effort (last 18 minutes of game one / 4th quarter in game 2) they look like the much better team. When they don't, Boston is surely good enough to beat them.

I think it also comes down to their role players getting hot. Much like Hinrich in Chicago, when Wallace gives them 17 points off the bench, they're going to beat just about everyone.

Throw in maybe the flukiest stat I have ever seen (21 points on 7 offensive rebounds) and there's not a chance in hell you are winning a game when the team as a whole was just going through the motions.

Can the Cavs play better? Obviously they can. Given how poorly they've played overall, they're lucky it's 1-1.

People are referencing the Orlando series from last year but to me, this doesn't feel anything like that. The Cavs played really well in that series, Orlando was just the better team. In this series, the Cavs have simply got off to an incredibly slow start. They haven't shot the ball well and haven't given a good effort for even a half, let alone a game. The result, a home loss.

As the series shifts back to Boston I would expect Cleveland to get one game. If they return home down 3-1, then yes, they are probably in trouble. My guess is you'll see a different team in game 3.

I have to agree.

BTW, I'm glad there're respectful and objective Cavs fans here . Even more than some Magic fans... icon_eek.gif