Luke_FfS

Howard leaves agent - UPD. PG2 Could skip W.Championship

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

If your family/friends need job, let them be assistants. Putting them between you & your $ is beyond dumb.

It's ignorant to think endorsements find players & I'll bet execs do low fives under the table every time some celebrities hommie, mommy, or cousin show up for a negotation instead of an agents.

Dwight Howard has plenty.

So did Tyson, Holyfield, Pippen, ect, ect, ect...

I for one will be glad if he skips the world championships. He needs an offseason far more than helping team USA satisfy their ego. Who cares if the world can beat the US' best amatuers?

Pippen signed a front heavy, way under his value deal with the Bulls. He made like 4 times as much when he went to the Rockets didn't he? And do boxers earn over their career what a top 3 basketball player does? Honestly, I have no idea. Dwight will have earned like 200 million dollars when he retires and he's fine.

And I like the logic with the international play.

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:
Originally posted by HighAngleEd:

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

UPDATE from the Sentinel

quote:
C Dwight Howard not only has fired his longtime agent, Aaron Goodwin, but there are indications he might forgo the World Championships in Turkey this summer in order to work on his free-throws and jumpshot , among other things.

Howard has said publicly he would play for Team USA in the World Championships, but those close to Howard say he might be looking for a diplomatic way later to bypass playing in the tournament.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com...0426,0,1816631.story

Fixed to show what we're all thinking.

That's so funny, you're so clever.

And I don't mind. I'd rather our superstar be making a lot of money from outside the organization, increasing his influence and relevance within popular culture , and not wearing out his knees.

And seriously, if you think Dwight's solution to his free throw shooting woes are more practice you're just not intelligent enough to understand this sport at this level.

You know what the difference is between Dwight wanting to spend the offseason making movies and stuff, and Kobe wanting to spend the offseason with Hakeem, working on his post game? As of today?? 4 rings.