Luke_FfS

Howard leaves agent - UPD. PG2 Could skip W.Championship

quote:
Originally posted by HighAngleEd:

quote:
Originally posted by Luke_FfS:

UPDATE from the Sentinel

quote:
C Dwight Howard not only has fired his longtime agent, Aaron Goodwin, but there are indications he might forgo the World Championships in Turkey this summer in order to work on his free-throws and jumpshot , among other things.

Howard has said publicly he would play for Team USA in the World Championships, but those close to Howard say he might be looking for a diplomatic way later to bypass playing in the tournament.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com...0426,0,1816631.story

Fixed to show what we're all thinking.

That's so funny, you're so clever.

And I don't mind. I'd rather our superstar be making a lot of money from outside the organization, increasing his influence and relevance within popular culture , and not wearing out his knees.

And seriously, if you think Dwight's solution to his free throw shooting woes are more practice you're just not intelligent enough to understand this sport at this level.

i was watching mike and mike this morning. Apparently they spoke to nick anderson sometime recently. Anderson said that Dwight was the most talented center he's EVER seen play, bar none.

Both mike's agreed and said that dwight is improving, he's just not putting everything together at the same time. Said he needs to spend the entire summer watching massive amounts of tape of Hakeem's footwork.

They came to the conclusion that if dwight develops 1/2 of the footwork that "the dream" had, he could possibly throw himself into the discussion of one of the best center's ever.

Later on they had bruce bowen on. He basically said (paraphrasing) dwight has a low basketball IQ for committing dumb fouls and the DPOtY shouldn't be sitting on the bench this much because you cant help the team on the bench.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

i was watching mike and mike this morning. Apparently they spoke to nick anderson sometime recently. Anderson said that Dwight was the most talented center he's EVER seen play, bar none.

Both mike's agreed and said that dwight is improving, he's just not putting everything together at the same time. Said he needs to spend the entire summer watching massive amounts of tape of Hakeem's footwork.

They came to the conclusion that if dwight develops 1/2 of the footwork that "the dream" had, he could possibly throw himself into the discussion of one of the best center's ever.

Later on they had bruce bowen on. He basically said (paraphrasing) dwight has a low basketball IQ for committing dumb fouls and the DPOtY shouldn't be sitting on the bench this much because you cant help the team on the bench.

and I lean towards agreeing more with Bowen than Mike & Mike and Anderson...not to the extent of low BB IQ but c'mon here, lets get real, watch yourself out there kid...when the going gets tough, the tough get going, it's old, but it fits...

I don't agree with you about it being Dwight's fault for being on the bench. It was evident that the Bobcats had a game plan that if they get touched by Dwight or even get close to him, they should end up on the ground or at least jump into him. By my count, he was responsible for 2-3 legitimate fouls a game. Foul 5,6, and augustines' reverse layup foul prove my point. Anyways, I'm getting off on a tangent.

It's Dwights decision whether to play in the World Championships and if he needs a break, he needs to take it. I don't agree with taking it off to be in movies and reality shows. But there's already talk that Lebron won't play, so there shouldn't be any issue with Dwight not playing as well.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

and I lean towards agreeing more with Bowen than Mike & Mike and Anderson...not to the extent of low BB IQ but c'mon here, lets get real, watch yourself out there kid...when the going gets tough, the tough get going, it's old, but it fits...

Since when did Mike & Mike start talking about basketball? I stopped listening/watching them because they spent little to no time talking basketball. During a period about two weeks after the Super Bowl, and before MLB Spring Training, I watched an entire week where they didn't mention basketball (NBA or NCAA) once.

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

The other day I heard from someone that Dwight wants to explore free agency when his contract ends. Something about wanting to be back home in Atlanta. Now, the guy that told me this was wearing a tinfoil hat, but he seemed like he knew what he was talking about.

Someone please tell me Dwight isn't going anywhere...and that he will be retiring here.

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Griffin:

quote:

The other day I heard from someone that Dwight wants to explore free agency when his contract ends. Something about wanting to be back home in Atlanta. Now, the guy that told me this was wearing a tinfoil hat, but he seemed like he knew what he was talking about.

Someone please tell me Dwight isn't going anywhere...and that he will be retiring here.

O god... hope he stays.... why go to atl ? To be with your buddy josh smith? ._.

quote:

quote:

In the midst of what should be a long playoff run, and two years away from any talk of free agency, Magic fans shouldn't even be discussing concerns of Howard's departure.

And yet, we ARE Magic fans aren't we? We did suffer the single most devastating free agent departure in modern sports history. So, yeah, we get a free pass to worry at any given moment about our young center's future with the team.

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

quote:

quote:

O god... hope he stays.... why go to atl ? To be with your buddy josh smith? ._.

he's from atlanta..

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

quote:

quote:

he's from atlanta..

naw... but just saying that he cud be with a childhood friend....

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

If your family/friends need job, let them be assistants. Putting them between you & your $ is beyond dumb.

It's ignorant to think endorsements find players & I'll bet execs do low fives under the table every time some celebrities hommie, mommy, or cousin show up for a negotation instead of an agents.

Dwight Howard has plenty.

So did Tyson, Holyfield, Pippen, ect, ect, ect...

I for one will be glad if he skips the world championships. He needs an offseason far more than helping team USA satisfy their ego. Who cares if the world can beat the US' best amatuers?