Sign in to follow this  
Faux Hawk

A very likely offseason trade?

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

LOL @ vince going back to toronto

LOL @ otis taking hedu and his albatross of a contract

LOL @ us trading for bosh when shard plays the 4 here. are you still riding on the short bus with people still thinking shard will simply move back to the 3?

LOL @ a thread discussing offseason trades when the magic are about to sweep in the 1st round of the playoffs

You're wrong everytime you say anything and here you are, still going after people.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by NickAnderson:

This is FALSE because my friends brothers cousins aunts friends sister knows CP3 and he said he is getting traded to Orlando in the offseason.

cp3/jameer

jj/pietrus

hedu/barnes

bosh/shard

dwight/fran

insta dynasty

Uhh we'd be considerably better with Hedo getting no minutes at all over Pietrus or Barnes in that scenario and I can't imagine for a second with Chris Paul and Dwight Howard on the court together, Chris Bosh would be a part of a more productive team offense than Rashard Lewis. Jumpshooting and defense wins championships, not big name guys on losing teams. We just need to keep surrounding Dwight with guys who can stroke it and keep playing great defense.

quote:

LOL @ us trading for bosh when shard plays the 4 here. are you still riding on the short bus with people still thinking shard will simply move back to the 3?

LOL @ a thread discussing offseason trades when the magic are about to sweep in the 1st round of the playoffs

worst_thread_ever.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by datmagic:

quote:
Originally posted by Faux Hawk:

I was watching the game tonight at a local bar and I could over hear this guy talking about the Magic like he knew somebody. Anyway, I had a beer with him and really did not ask him what he did or who he knew, but I thought I would share what he said because it seemed really plausible.

He said that the Magic are the only team in the league that might be willing to take Hedo and his contract. He gave me two scenarios. It centered around Chris Bosh. Toronto as we all can assume is preparing themselves for life after Bosh. he could easily leave for New York or any team with cap space. The Raptors are on the record saying they will deal with him either if he wants to stay or go, because they want value for him.

Now consider what this guy told me. He said the Raptors need and want a Center that can guard and bang with Dwight. Gortat is the only true center out there with a reasonable contract, that has upside and can hold his own against the league top centers. It was his opinion that the Raptors might be interested in one of two possible trades.

The Magic would have to take Hedo with Bosh, which would be around $30 million in contracts.

In return, the Magic would have to send out Gortat & Bass along with Carter.

It makes a great deal of sense for the Raptros, because they get a starting Center. They can move Bargnani to PF and have a quality back up in Bass. It would put them on the books around $44 million for the following season and in position to get another piece.

He talked about the Magic maybe wanting to send out Lewis instead of Carter, but as I thought about it, it made so much sense for the Raptors if the Magic were willing to take on Hedo's contract. The Magic are probably one of the few teams that can count on Hedo's productivity because of the way he plays within the system for the Magic.

Thoughts?

Are you serious? Faux, your trying too hard.

It was just a conversation at a bar. THey guy seemed really knowledgable. Much all you hot heads on here think you know what Otis Smith does as soon as he wakes up in the morning. I only posted it to generate somewhat of a discussion.

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:

You're wrong everytime you say anything and here you are, still going after people.

i'm wrong everytime i say anything? are you supporting hedu coming back to orlando? the idea of trading for bosh and hedu is pretty laughable and i can't imagine making a decent argument in favor of that scenario...unless you wanted to try?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:

i'm wrong everytime i say anything? are you supporting hedu coming back to orlando? the idea of trading for bosh and hedu is pretty laughable and i can't imagine making a decent argument in favor of that scenario...unless you wanted to try?

No, Kramer is ALWAYS right, you didn't know that?

quote:
Originally posted by Faux Hawk:

It was just a conversation at a bar. THey guy seemed really knowledgable. Much all you hot heads on here think you know what Otis Smith does as soon as he wakes up in the morning. I only posted it to generate somewhat of a discussion.

And you titled the thread with a clear implication you thought it was a, ahem, "likely offseason trade". Adding a question mark doesn't change what you were implying.

Second, if we're going to trust the ramblings of everyone we overhear at the bar, then none of this matters because Obama is an evil wizard and David Stern is a robot. Both are things I've heard said at a bar in the past. Of course, I don't give things like that credence, because I'm not a moron.

And had you wanted to generate discussion, you could have/should have just written: "Would you take back Hedo if it meant we got Bosh, such as in the following trade?"

You told a silly tale as a means of giving your side of the discussion added weight it didn't deserve, which is why I highly doubt the man at the bar even existed.

And to answer your later question, no, I wouldn't take on Hedo if we got back Chris Bosh. For one thing, that would have the Magic committing something like 65-70m in salary to 5 players.

This would be a bit more plausible if you said that Rashard takes the place of VC... Brian Colangelo wouldn't want to damage his reputation further by shipping out Bosh and Hedo, only to have to buyout VC's contract...