Sign in to follow this  
Emory889

Roy's miraculous recovery

Seriously, how is this guy playing after having surgery 7 days ago? This is the same injury that kept Jameer out for over a month. I don't know what is in the drinking water up there in Portland but sign me up for some.

Seriously, how is this guy playing after having surgery 7 days ago? This is the same injury that kept Jameer out for over a month. I don't know what is in the drinking water up there in Portland but sign me up for some.

http://espn.go.com/blog/trueho...ns-for-trail-blazers

quote:
A team source said Roy couldn't hurt his surgically repaired left knee any more because the surgery itself -- for a partially torn meniscus in his left knee -- was much less invasive than originally expected. At first, the prognosis was that he'd be out four-to-six weeks; that was later adjusted to one-to-two weeks, and today's return means he's at the low end of that scale.

His amazing recovery completely changes the face of that series. Suddenly, the Blazers are a real threat to beat Phoenix.

The thing is that I don't know if he's actually healthy. Did he look competitive on court or was he lagging?

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

The thing is that I don't know if he's actually healthy. Did he look competitive on court or was he lagging?

he was obviously not at 100% so he was def lagging, but he stepped up and hit 2 or 3 big shots in the 4th when they needed him. My hats def off to him, very gutsy performance.