Sign in to follow this  
anish_vince

Game Thread: Magic v Bobcats 1st Round, Gm 2 4/21 7pm ET

quote:
Originally posted by AcuWill:

I thought the officiating was particularly horrible. Other than a bunch of the Dwight fouls, the officiating favored the Magic I thought. But still, it was inconsistent, made the game terrible to watch, and all around disgraceful.

This game exemplifies why I hate the NBA and cannot watch non-Magic games.

This. They made some completely horrible calls on Dwight, then a ton of terrible makeup calls that went our way. Both fans go home upset at the officiating, and everyone loses.

quote:
Originally posted by JoweyBoi:

we need a third center

Who was it that said Foyle should be on the playoff roster instead of Johnson, who will be 100% useless in the playoffs.

Oh, I know. It was me.

Stupid stupid stupid. Who are we gonna use if we wanna play Hack a Shaq? We gonna have Rashard or Gortat intentionally hacking Shaq and getting into foul trouble?

quote:
Originally posted by VC_Fan:

quote:
Originally posted by JoweyBoi:

we need a third center

Who was it that said Foyle should be on the playoff roster instead of Johnson, who will be 100% useless in the playoffs.

Oh, I know. It was me.

Stupid stupid stupid. Who are we gonna use if we wanna play Hack a Shaq? We gonna have Rashard or Gortat intentionally hacking Shaq and getting into foul trouble?

I respectfully disagree. Foyle would be a lot more worthless than Anthony Johnson. I can't imagine a scenario where Stan would insert Foyle into a game just to foul Shaq. Way too many things could go wrong. If he really wanted to hack-a-Shaq, Bass would do just fine, unless he's actually going to play in a particular game. In which case Anderson could come in to foul.

Now if Jameer or White Choc go down, AJ becomes pretty valuable. You have to consider how often Jameer gets hurt and J-Will's age. AJ's proven he can play when called upon. If you remember he was our backup PG against Cleveland last year and actually played pretty well. Hit a couple big shots. He's a better player than Foyle, he should be on our active playoff roster.

Stan wouldn't even put Foyle in the game when we're up by 30 with 2 minutes left at home, and the crowd and Dwight chanting for him to come in. Doubt he'd insert him in the game during an ECF showdown with Cleveland for any reason.

i thought the first quarter defense was the best and most intensive effort the magic have had all year. you knew at that time they were ready to make it happen. great win.

Btw, one of you guys that makes highlights, needs to make a video of all of Dwight's fouls after each game and give that shot of the ref who called it.