Sign in to follow this  
Captain Hi-Top

Round Two of the New NBA Playoffs

Welcome back NBA fans! We had an exciting first round, including an upset with the Spurs defeating the Jazz in 6.

Denver had their hands full against the Thunder *cough*Sonics*cough*, but proved to be the better team, taking Oklahoma City out in a decisive game 7 at home in Denver.

Cleveland routed Houston 4-1, Orlando took care of business against Charlotte in similar fashion as they had no real answer for Dwight.

Phoenix, LA, and Dallas won over Portland, Milwuakee and Miami (respectively) in 6 games.

In a rematch between two teams who are quickly becoming bitter rivals, Atlanta defeated the aging Boston club after falling behind 1-3. The young Atlanta club was able to rally around a hot Jamal Crawford off the bench in game 5, and never look back, taking away the Celtics last chance at a title for that veteran roster.

Round two starts today, and we expect even more excitement with some amazing matchups! With eight teams remaining, the West has the advantage with five dogs in the hunt, but the East has the leagues two top teams in Cleveland and Orlando, both hungry for a title.

Welcome back NBA fans! We had an exciting first round, including an upset with the Spurs defeating the Jazz in 6.

Denver had their hands full against the Thunder *cough*Sonics*cough*, but proved to be the better team, taking Oklahoma City out in a decisive game 7 at home in Denver.

Cleveland routed Houston 4-1, Orlando took care of business against Charlotte in similar fashion as they had no real answer for Dwight.

Phoenix, LA, and Dallas won over Portland, Milwuakee and Miami (respectively) in 6 games.

In a rematch between two teams who are quickly becoming bitter rivals, Atlanta defeated the aging Boston club after falling behind 1-3. The young Atlanta club was able to rally around a hot Jamal Crawford off the bench in game 5, and never look back, taking away the Celtics last chance at a title for that veteran roster.

Round two starts today, and we expect even more excitement with some amazing matchups! With eight teams remaining, the West has the advantage with five dogs in the hunt, but the East has the leagues two top teams in Cleveland and Orlando, both hungry for a title.

I don't know how anyone could be voting Denver right now. Right now they are just a mess. They BARELY beat a kobe-less Lakers, got blown out of pheonix yesterday, and have generally been losing most of their games against the West's elite.

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

I don't know how anyone could be voting Denver right now. Right now they are just a mess. They BARELY beat a kobe-less Lakers, got blown out of pheonix yesterday, and have generally been losing most of their games against the West's elite.

That's because Dallas is not that good.

Atlanta, Orlando, Spurs, and Dallas.

Atlanta uses their youth upfront to give Shaq and Big Z fits. Crawford turns it up to 11 and scorches them off the bench. LeBron can't do it by himself, and Mo goes through a shooting slump.

Orlando because I'm biased, and because Dwight is too much for Lopez and Collins. Trying to put Stoudemire on him leaves Shard open on the wings, and Nelson scorches Nash on the offensive end.

The Spurs take their veteran team and surprise the Lakers. Gasol and Duncan go back and forth, but it's Ginobli who becomes the ultimate X-Factor for the Spurs and helps them advance to the next round.

Nowitzki is too much for Denver to contain, as Caron Butler finds his shooting stroke to form a 1-2 punch that knocks out Denver. Melo and Billups put up a big fight it's ultimately not enough.

I see three favorites, and Spurs over Lakers.

Anyway, last year I saw the same, but Lakers some times in post season are too powerful.

It all depends on HOW GOOD, will Manu and Tim play.

I think people are overestimating the Spurs. Yes, they have played decent ball lately but I'd still be surprised to see them making it out of the first round (in the real-life-playoffs).

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

Did I miss something while I was gone? What the hell is going on in this thread?

My computer/head did this when I saw this thread.

nuclear-explosion.jpg

I went Cleveland, Orlando, Lakers, Denver. I dunno, maybe I have a soft spot for Denver, but Dallas-Denver is very close. 7 games either way, at LEAST 6.

Spurs over Lakers? Really?? I think you guys voting San Antonio are crazy, just my opinion. Lakers are deeper (3 v. 5-6) AND have the best player on the floor. All due respect to Timmay~!