Sign in to follow this  
~O~

"Darko" resign him or not?

I didn't have a problem bringing Darko off the bench this year because Brian used both Dwight and Darko down low and the 2nd team did not do well when both players were off the floor.

This year with Darko used properly and the addition of Gortat I would expect Darko to start.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Alright, I'm completely sounded like the enemy. Start him. I hope we can get Augie off the bench because I don't want to have to rely on Battie and Bo for offensive big man.

I don't agree with you on bringing Darko off the bench but I understand you're thinking on the subject. I have a hunch that Darko is a guy who would respond positively to a consistent spot in the starting rotation.

Hopefully Augustine will be able to contribute next year. We will also bring in Gortat and maybe add another cheap big in free agency or with one of our 2nd rounders. I think we'll be ok.

Hey, I said start him and I can guarantee he'll be started didn't I. Comeon guys. I'm feeling like public enemy number one.

Odub I wasn't trying to attack you. There isn't anything wrong with you wanting Darko to come off the bench to provide scoring.

Oh My God you guys. I'm totally trying to laugh this off. I know you guys weren't attacking me on anything it just that I agree with you guys more. Darko should start for his confidence. I've made some good points but if we want to keep Darko, we'll have to start him.

darko is about to get paid like 10 million a year. he better start. He better start earning his pay check... in the games he better play hard and away from the game he better pratice, off the court and on the court he better improve.... he is about to get close to or more than 10mil a year. If he suck in the future we are suck with that on our cap. Why pay the man to sit and watch. If he is not going to play trade him. I dont want a hill type situation.

Yes sign him - that shouldn't even be a question - the guy is a stud - last year was like his rookie season and he did well and that was even with him having to play for an Idiot.

Next year Darko will thrive playing for Billy D - I just hope he is here and I think he will be - I think we will have to pay him a lot though - at least $7m to start possibly as much as $10m - unless they can figure out some creative financing.

Question is will Vince take $12 or $13m to play for the Magic - with Billy D - Vince probably just became interested in the Magic. If NJ comes up with $20m than I think Vince stays there, but with Billy D and NJ only offering $15m, maybe Vince comes here for $12 to $13m and and a year longer contract - give us Dwight and Vince.