Sign in to follow this  
Chase

Dwight Howard upset with fans, refs, Spurs

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

So baseball teams intentionally walking Barry Bonds was a b1tch strategy? Forcing his teammates to beat them as opposed to Bonds?

It's not even as bad as that with Dwight. Other teams are basically forcing OUR SUPERSTAR TO BEAT THEM.

As opposed to OUR SUPERSTAR'S supporting cast.

Baseball teams weren't giving Bonds a chance to beat them. The Spurs gave Dwight every opportunity to beat them.

You all can't be this dense.

thank you for this. I think every team that inentionally fouls at the end of games to stop the clock and force the other team to shoot FTs that they might miss be fined by the league! (sarcasm)

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

quote:

So baseball teams intentionally walking Barry Bonds was a b1tch strategy? Forcing his teammates to beat them as opposed to Bonds?

It's not even as bad as that with Dwight. Other teams are basically forcing OUR SUPERSTAR TO BEAT THEM.

Baseball teams weren't giving Bonds a chance to beat them. The Spurs gave Dwight every opportunity to beat them.

As frustrating as it was. It's not against any rules, it wasn't out of line in my eyes.

Of course it was frustrating. I was cringing while I was watching Dwight meltdown in front of everyone. I was embarrassed for him.

But at the same time, maybe its another wakeup call for him. You're being paid $80 million dollars and being called Superman, maybe its time to make your **** free throws.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

quote:

As frustrating as it was. It's not against any rules, it wasn't out of line in my eyes.

Of course it was frustrating. I was cringing while I was watching Dwight meltdown in front of everyone. I was embarrassed for him.

But at the same time, maybe its another wakeup call for him. You're being paid $80 million dollars and being called Superman, maybe its time to make your **** free throws.

I agree. He's been working on them but in this game, didn't seem like they matter to him. Its a free point at the line and a wide open shot close to the rim. Its just one more chance to put your team up and run away from the competition. He should value his free throw opportunities.

quote:
Can you explain to me why you consider Barnes a "screaming" leader?

it's just my way of saying anybody fiesty is automatically considered a leader.

quote:
Can you explain to me why you consider Barnes a "screaming" leader?

So you want our leader to be someone who is a decent basketball that doesn't hone his athleticism and instead holds shy's away from contact. Yes, I'm talking about the guy in my avatar picture.

This is the first time I've seen somebody so "UNSOFT" on this team. I like Barnes and I like what he brings to this team. He's not gonna take the bull**** that we took ALL last year.

quote:
Originally posted by Malachi:

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

I like this guy. He's one of us.

I'm a basketball fan first, Cavs fan second. I'm 29 and have been a Cavs fan since I was a kid. I had to put up with getting bounced from the playoffs by MJ back in the day, to the 17 win season prior to drafting James. I'm not here to argue with you guys. I just wanna talk basketball and the Cavs forum is just unbearable.

We sound like exactly the same person...it's funny because I don't post here much, either, but when I do it's just to talk basketball. There are less than a handful of knowledgeable, respectful Cavs fans that post here. The others are those who jumped on the bandwagon after LBJ arrived or blatant trolling homers who only come on here after a Magic loss and just start ripping on the Magic like they get off by pissing off the Magic fans on this board. It gets so old.

Obviously some teams match up with the Cavs/Magic better than others, but it seems to be pretty imminent that it will be Cleveland/Orlando in the ECF this year and it could easily go either way.

As far as the Dwight thing goes, he really is his own worst enemy. He is easily the best big in the league when his mind is in it. It just seems like he lets himself get so bothered over the dumbest **** and, in turn, it really affects his play. He didn't go 2/11 from the line because he's a 20% FT shooter. He went 2/11 because he let things bother him. Fans are part of the game. Fouls are part of the game. Tactics are part of the game. If FT shooting is your biggest weakness you can be **** well sure that your *** is going to be put on the line more often than not. Focus on your FTs and give them a reason to not hack you. Problem solved.

quote:
Originally posted by just me:

I really don't see what you're getting so upset about. It's not against the rules. It's been around for years. Let me guess, you don't have a problem with an intentional foul to stop the clock or to keep the other team from shooting a 3 but you hate the hack a howard to keep him on the foul line which is his weakness. You don't have to be impressed but it was a good stratagy that worked. You said it yourself, "when the magic win or lose a game THEY PLAY THROUGH IT" why should last night be any different. Play through it and chalk it up as a loss. Not cry about the other team winning fairly within the rules. Maybe Stan should have went to Gortat or Bass at that point?

agreed. I just hate the flopping. If they get away with it, its a good strategy. In my opinion there's a thin line between good strategy and just being dirty.

Spurs Assi. Coach=good strategy.

Ginobli floppin Assi.=dirty

quote:
Dwight wanted to be superman, now he's getting treated like superman use to. icon_wink.gif Deal with it.

There, stop crying like a baby Dwight and get yourself together to be superman during the Playoffs!

We lost. Bad refs, dirty play or whatever.. Let's just get over it and focus on the next game at hand and get ready for the important games, the playoffs.