Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Magic Name Billy Donovan Head Coach

Ah, the power of the official press release to take away fears. This will now happen. I think this has BVW written all over it. No way DeVos would have agreed to pony up this amount of dough for a HC which is one of the reasons we went with Hill 2 years ago. Donovan is not only a dynamic HC on the court, but BVW also sees Donovan's appeal to the community and fan base. This shows a young, fresh, and more aggressive FO approach with Otis and BVW at the controls.

Welcome about Coach Donovan! The O-Rena (yes I still like that name better) will be rockin opening night.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

RC are we going to have any streaming of the press conferance tomorrow?

Yes. Press Conference tomorrow at 11:00AM and will be streamed live on OrlandoMagic.com.

quote:
Originally posted by Erik:

This guy seems like an all around winner,i'm looking forward to seeing him on the Magic sidelines.

Exactly why Otis picked him, he always likes to say that either you win or you don't, theres no 2nd place in NBA and I think he found his soulmate in Donovan.

Go Magic, go Otis! And welcome aboard Billy!

I think I can, I know I can, I'm sure I can stay up for this?

It wasn't just the five-year contract worth $27.5 million that convinced Billy Donovan to jump from the University of Florida to the Orlando Magic.

There were perks, too.

Donovan will have plenty of familiar faces around him. According to sources with knowledge of the contract terms, Donovan will have the ability to hire as many as 13 people in various supporting roles around him. It could range from assistant coaches to trainers to strength-and-conditioning people to administrative assistants.

He also will be given the use of a condominium in Orlando, allowing him to keep his residence in Gainesville with his family, while he stays in Central Florida without having to buy a second home.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...story?coll=orl-magic

Whatever it takes. I'm happy they flipped the bill. The role of a coach is dominant toward success. He possesses everything we're looking for. I never thought it would happen, but my sig message explained what I wanted. He follows the growth of this team and its individuals and more importantly he wins. Perk him up, I'm all for it!