Originally posted by O-dub:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

Tracy McGrady eyes a lot of things

avatar1399513crazyeyetmac4nv.gif

TMAC-SECOND-ROUND-ROLLIN.gif

roflmao

Oh... my... god...

one of the greatest things i've ever seen in my life lol honestly though, tmac would probably do really good for us since we really dont NEED him to be amazing everynight. 12-15 points off the bench would be amazing and would make us even more dangerous

PG: Jameer

SG: Wince

SF: T-MAC

PF: Lewis

C: Howard

quite possibly the worst defensive lineup ever created, only to be made into a "decent" lineup by Howard bailouts. Seriously, this looks awful on paper and a trainwreck in-game.

If Nelson, Carter, Barnes, Lewis, Howard = best defensive team in the league, then I believe that inserting Tmac could be made into a good defensive team. Not the best tho.

Oh and I'm against randomly getting Tmac so he can ride the train to win a ring. It'd be cool, but you need someone to guard the oppossing teams best player like Barnes/Pietrus in the lineup. Tmac would eliminate that, unless Tmac wants to be 6th man. That'd be awesome. Just we happen to have Redick, Pietrus as bench wings who can score.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

PG: Jameer

SG: Wince

SF: T-MAC

PF: Lewis

C: Howard

quite possibly the worst defensive lineup ever created, only to be made into a "decent" lineup by Howard bailouts. Seriously, this looks awful on paper and a trainwreck in-game.

As opposed to lineups featuring one good to decent wing defender Orlando has featured the past 3 seasons?

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

what a great way for the team to get younger. we have limited resources to sign players with this summer (bi-annual exception, TPE) and i'd prefer not to waste any of that on tmac. the man is more than likely not going to sign for the vet minimum. he's going to turn into gary payton and ring chase before he retires. if he would be willing to take the vet minimum then i'm all for it.

You do realize that Payton was playing for the minimum his last few seasons in the league, right? It's a pretty similar situation for McGrady as well. He's would play a limited role for us and his minutes would be way down. He's always been a very unselfish player. I think he could fit in well...although I'm a little wary of his defense as well. The small forward position is the one perimeter position we have that consistently defends well.

Another thing to consider here is McGrady's relationship with Jeff Van Gundy. Jeff absolutely loves him....and has said so on several occasions. I guarantee you that will come up if the Magic have to decide on whether or not to sign him.

quote:
Originally posted by Faux Hawk:

Why not just resign Shaq too this summer and trade Foyle for Grant Hill. We can have the all time haters of the Magic.

Why not Steve Francis while we're at it?

I think some of you have forgotten how truly terrible John Weisbrod was. The feud between McGrady and him was not one-sided. In fact, if I remember correctly, Weisbrod was the one that started it.

McGrady has said on several occasions that his departure from Orlando was entirely because of Weisbrod and not because he hated playing in Orlando.

quote:
T-Mac an All-Star next season?

Tracy McGrady has missed a lot of action the last few years with knee injuries, however he's been a regular in the Knicks lineup since they acquired him from the Rockets in February. There still is a lot of rust in his game, but McGrady is confident he'll return to his old form and be an All-Star ... next season.

"There's no question I will be an All-Star," McGrady tells The New York Times. "Not right now, but next year when I come into the season, I will be an All-Star-caliber player, there's no question."

He added, for emphasis, "I will be myself next year."

"I'm fighting back," he said. "Whether I'll be the player that I once was, that remains to be seen. But I'm striving for it."

McGrady will be a free agent starting July 1.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors