Sign in to follow this  
barnettej

T-Mac eyes return to the Magic

quote:
He added, for emphasis, "I will be myself next year."

"I'm fighting back," he said. "Whether I'll be the player that I once was, that remains to be seen. But I'm striving for it."

Wait, what?

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

I think some of you have forgotten how truly terrible John Weisbrod was. The feud between McGrady and him was not one-sided. In fact, if I remember correctly, Weisbrod was the one that started it.

McGrady has said on several occasions that his departure from Orlando was entirely because of Weisbrod and not because he hated playing in Orlando.

Weisbrod was a dick, he had no business running our team

quote:

I think most of you weren't around to realize how truly terrible John Weisbrod was.

Fixed.

I'll say this, I thank Weisbrod for the Dwight decision. That alone makes up for quite a bit of his blunders.

quote:
Originally posted by Passenger57:

So the fact we're still talking about this means it wasn't an April Fool's Day joke, right? Get real T-Mac....

Happy Be-lated April Fools!

quote:
Magic era T-Mac isn't walking through that door folks. The T-Mac of now isn't worth the roster spot.

As someone who actually watches Knicks games with TMac in the lineup, I can tell you he is by far and away the best wing player they have. His shot is still there, and he's hobbling around on 1 knee, whether he admits it or not.

I'd take him in a heartbeat. He's not trying to take over games anymore. He uses his exceptional court vision and passing and almost every time finds the open man in a Peyton Manning-esque demeanor.

Watch him before you hate on him, it's very evident.

quote:
Originally posted by mongoose:

quote:
Magic era T-Mac isn't walking through that door folks. The T-Mac of now isn't worth the roster spot.

As someone who actually watches Knicks games with TMac in the lineup, I can tell you he is by far and away the best wing player they have. His shot is still there, and he's hobbling around on 1 knee, whether he admits it or not.

I'd take him in a heartbeat. He's not trying to take over games anymore. He uses his exceptional court vision and passing and almost every time finds the open man in a Peyton Manning-esque demeanor.

Watch him before you hate on him, it's very evident.

Thanks for the take, Goose...Love me some T-Mac!!!

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Thanks for the take, Goose...Love me some T-Mac!!!

Whether intentional or not, this post brought back memories...

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:

I think most of you weren't around to realize how truly terrible John Weisbrod was.

Fixed.

I'll say this, I thank Weisbrod for the Dwight decision. That alone makes up for quite a bit of his blunders.

Doug Christie says hi. Weisbrod should have stuck with hockey. He had no business being our GM

quote:
Originally posted by BLOCK PARTY:

t-mac wanting to come back now that we are making a championship run is like when you dump your girlfriend and then want her back a few years later because she suddenly got hot

Couldn't have said it better myself. Well done