Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Jameer's PG WorldView; SVG calls J. Will, "The Best Passer We Have"(link)

quote:
Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

ARROYO HATERS BETTER NOT WATCH THIS!

Oh, so Carlos Arroyo is the best basketball player in Puerto Rico? Congratulations, that's awesome dude.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. They don't play basketball in Puerto Rico! Of course he's the best player they have, he's the only one!

That's like saying Yi Jianlian is the best Chinese player in the NBA.

quote:

SO:what do you make of Nelson's philosophy?

Nelson's Philosophy? Are you kidding? That is, plain and simple, a rationalization! Jameer knows he will never be or become a good or decent PG! NEVER! Therefore, he rationalizes by saying that he is being unselfish being selfish["My role is to get into the paint and make plays and be aggressive. And if I'm not doing that, I'm being selfish."]! Got it?

How many All-Star teams has Arroyo made?

quote:

Nelson's Philosophy? Are you kidding? That is, plain and simple, a rationalization! Jameer knows he will never be or become a good or decent PG! NEVER! Therefore, he rationalizes by saying that he is being unselfish being selfish["My role is to get into the paint and make plays and be aggressive. And if I'm not doing that, I'm being selfish."]! Got it?

That's funny. He managed to beat out Arroyo for the starting position...something that Carlos never challenged. He also made the allstar team...something that Carlos never came close to doing. He probably would have won the most improved player last year if he hadn't gotten injured.

I'm glad that Carlos has played well recently. I always liked him. I also find it hilarious that his fanatical fans are clinging to the fact that he is starting on the only team in the league he could start for....and on a team where the true point guard is Dwayne Wade.

You're better off sticking to talking trash about a Olympic victory that occured 6 years ago.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

That's funny. He managed to beat out Arroyo for the starting position...something that Carlos never challenged. He also made the allstar team...something that Carlos never came close to doing. He probably would have won the most improved player last year if he hadn't gotten injured.

I'm glad that Carlos has played well recently. I always liked him. I also find it hilarious that his fanatical fans are clinging to the fact that he is starting on the only team in the league he could start for....and on a team where the true point guard is Dwayne Wade.

You're better off sticking to talking trash about a Olympic victory that occured 6 years ago.

emory, emory, e-mo-ry!

quote:
"A lot of people say a lot of things about our point guard situation here, but he [CARLOS] just continues to come in and get better and better, helping with this team," Wade said. "The ball wouldn't be moving the way it was if it wasn't for the point guard play of Carlos."

Read more if you dare at:

Arroyo ends debate about who is No. 1 at point guard

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sp...2310,0,3817308.story

Note: I almost forgot to mention Jameer's 6 TOs yesterday night. Great PG, is't he? HA!

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

I don't get many plays called for me, so I have to be aggressive when the opportunity presents itself, whether it's for myself to score, or for others. One thing we... as a team, everybody has a role. My role is to get into the paint and make plays and be aggressive. And if I'm not doing that, I'm being selfish.

Whenever a point guard talks about needing to take shots, it seems that he's bound to face criticism. "Point guards should pass first, second, and third before looking for their own shots" seems to be an accepted line of thinking, even in 2010. What I'm curious about is your response to Nelson's comments here, which more-or-less convey the idea that he'd be selfish not to look for his own shot every now and again. I can't help but feel like some Magic fans will see that quote and pine for the halcyon days of Scott Skiles or Carlos Arroyo running the point. If it's any consolation to those folks, Jason Williams has proven to be a darn efficient playmaker, which prompted coach Stan Van Gundy to call him "the best passer we have" last Friday.

So: what do you make of Nelson's philosophy?

Can someone can explain to me how in the world Meer said and quote" I don't get many plays called for me" but he average 12 shots per game. Sometime he take more shot than D. Howard and even V. Carter. Meer is a great player but isn't a good Pg. He excel in freelance play but in the half court game he is useless. That'why Carter taken over in the 4 quarter

quote:
Originally posted by Rodriguez:

Can someone can explain to me how in the world Meer said and quote" I don't get many plays called for me" but he average 12 shots per game. Sometime he take more shot than D. Howard and even V. Carter. Meer is a great player but isn't a good Pg. He excel in freelance play but in the half court game he is useless. That'why Carter taken over in the 4 quarter

Nelson is better in the half court game. Williams is better in the open court with his passing ability. Nelson, with his penetration forcing the defense to collapse in the half court set is much better suited for the PG role for this team in a playoff atmosphere. It's almost like you haven't watched Nelson play at all.

quote:
Originally posted by Rodriguez:

I thought people said he doesnt push the ball? How can he be useless in half court game if that is all he does?