Sign in to follow this  
Darthmagic

Gortat Trade Value

I feel like Gortat has improved quite a bit. He comes in and now can hit the jumper, rebound, defend, etc. There is a reason why we are able to still beat elite teams with Dwight in foul trouble and that is Marcin.

I for one would be very displeased to see him go for anything less than an elite player, ie. a Carmelo type. (Of course a VC expiring and other assets would be included.) Gortat is a big that can start for the vast majority in the league and can put up numbers without being a focal point. That is a huge piece for a team and something that can be built around. A few crappy to mid-level backups is not worth it imo.

More and more I'm beginning to think that Gortat will not be traded, at least not any time soon. He is too valuable to us and with the influx of cash that the new arena will bring, DeVos can afford to pay the luxury tax for a while, at least during our title-run window. I have no idea how the potential lock-out would affect any of that.

Gortat seems content for now. He would likely get more antsy AFTER the Magic win a title. At that point, he'd have his big contract and his ring, but he'd still want the opportunity to prove himself as a starter in this league, and maybe even a top 3 or 4 center.

Unless Otis gets blown away, I think the Warlock is here for a while.

Why couldn't this senario happen? Dewayne Wade is going to want out of Miami considering they have done nothing to keep him. Miami risks getting nothing for him (sound familier)We can offer a sign and trade. Gortat, VC and maybe Anderson or JJ for Wade. They would get a center for the future, a young 3point shooter with unlimited potential and a super star. I don't think any other team can offer them any more than we can. Can you imagine Wade and Howard together for the next 5 or 6 years!!!

Am I nuts or could something like this happen!!!

quote:
Originally posted by CARGUY:

Why couldn't this senario happen? Dewayne Wade is going to want out of Miami considering they have done nothing to keep him. Miami risks getting nothing for him (sound familier)We can offer a sign and trade. Gortat, VC and maybe Anderson or JJ for Wade. They would get a center for the future, a young 3point shooter with unlimited potential and a super star. I don't think any other team can offer them any more than we can. Can you imagine Wade and Howard together for the next 5 or 6 years!!!

The Heat have done things to keep him there. They could have gotten either Amare or Boozer this year, but chose not to give up key players on those guys. In doing that, they will have enough cap space to add another max player to play alongside Wade this Summer. So, they will have the opportunity to have Beasley, Chalmers, Wade, and perhaps a Bosh or Amare next season. I would imagine DWade is staying in Miami.

i would love to see that happen, but IF miami trades wade it won't be within the division.

as for gortat, it is obvious that DeVos will spend money for a winner. if winning a title means paying gortat and the tax then he will do it. however, if the Magic win it this year than i wouldn't be surprised to see 'tat go. i don't think Otis will give him away, but i definitely thinks it becomes a much more probable scenario.

as for backup Cs, don't be surprised to see B Bass get a lot of minutes there once Gortat leaves.

quote:

you're nuts

quote:

Point blank stupid. People stop having crazy dreams about Wades, Melos or Boshes in Magic uniform without giving up half of the roaster in return. Magic can't do anything else. Are GMs in Miami or Toronto retarded or what ?

These teams won't fight for championships anyway, they will try to find something on FA market or save the money not go after 34yo VC abd his 13 mill in next year. Ryan and Gortat aren't so huge talents, more important still unproven talents, Gortat contract too long and too big. Too much gamble to be tied up with his 28 millions for 4 years in this economy, nba salary cup possibly shrinking even for next few years and luxury tax going lower, definetly not extected for them to go up.

quote:
Originally posted by Leoben:

quote:

Point blank stupid. People stop having crazy dreams about Wades, Melos or Boshes in Magic uniform without giving up half of the roaster in return. Magic can't do anything else. Are GMs in Miami or Toronto retarded or what ?

These teams won't fight for championships anyway, they will try to find something on FA market or save the money not go after 34yo VC abd his 13 mill in next year. Ryan and Gortat aren't so huge talents, more important still unproven talents, Gortat contract too long and too big. Too much gamble to be tied up with his 28 millions for 4 years.

Agree about the silly dreams, disagree about Gortat's contract. It's actually a bargain.

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

quote:
Originally posted by Leoben:

quote:

These teams won't fight for championships anyway, they will try to find something on FA market or save the money not go after 34yo VC abd his 13 mill in next year. Ryan and Gortat aren't so huge talents, more important still unproven talents, Gortat contract too long and too big. Too much gamble to be tied up with his 28 millions for 4 years.

Agree about the silly dreams, disagree about Gortat's contract. It's actually a bargain.

I agree it could be a bargain but I think it also could be very easy something completly different, opposite with caps, tax shrinking down, and Gortat playing not like you would expect. He is still unproven with very limited offensive game. In trade other team would also trade would also had to give away 6-7 mill worth of contracts back, not just any contracts but some thing that Magic would want, could use and expirings