quote:
Originally posted by bringithomerashard:

quote:
Originally posted by Leoben:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by LeBrickJames:

This thread shows how big of an idiot bringithomerashard really is.

I mean seriously; anyone who has been watching the games since the All-Star game could not make any of the arguments this guy is making, at least with a straight face.

Hedo is gone. Vince is better. Live with it.

I watch about 90% of the magic games. And vince is playing better but that doesn't mean i trust him...and why would I?

Vince Carter is head and shoulders above hedo turkoglu as a basketball player. But that does not mean he fits in better with our team. Especially him being miserable the whole year. OH SORRY except the last 10 games hes been great. So because hes been real good the past 10 games hes a better fit for our team. your right.

Last 18 games, when he average in February 18,6 PTS (52% FG, 51% 3P) and in March 18 pts (54% FG, 52% 3P). 18 games mean something, Magic are 14-4 in this period. And it's not 3 weeks, it's over 5 weeks

You wouldn't get anything close to that from Hedo, yes he would give 1-2 ast more but also 1-2 tournover more and I don't think Orlando need him in close games, 4th quarter with Vince playing so well, Jameer getting back to what he was in 08-09 before injury, Dwight expanding his offensive game.

I don't see this lack of playmaking, Vince instead Hedo also gives you Barnes in starting lineup and he brings a lot to the table too.

Good defense, great hustle and toughness, best defender always on opponents best premieter scorer, that were things Orlando with Hedo was lacking.

That still does not mean it will carry over into the playoffs. Hedo Turkoglu showed up big time in the playoffs for us.

I can only hope Vince shows up. Because you never know what your gonna get out of him. But you guys obviously know what your gonna get so thats good.

And we knew with Hedo? He played like complete crap for about 3 quarters and a half, and every once in awhile he made a big shot and all of the sudden he became Mr. Fourth Quarter

selective memory is a ****ing *****

and you know what, all that matters is he showed up in the playoffs doesn't it? beacuse once those playoffs started it didn't mean a ******* thing what he did in the regular season.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I mean seriously; anyone who has been watching the games since the All-Star game could not make any of the arguments this guy is making, at least with a straight face.

I watch about 90% of the magic games. And vince is playing better but that doesn't mean i trust him...and why would I?

Vince Carter is head and shoulders above hedo turkoglu as a basketball player. But that does not mean he fits in better with our team. Especially him being miserable the whole year. OH SORRY except the last 10 games hes been great. So because hes been real good the past 10 games hes a better fit for our team. your right.

Last 18 games, when he average in February 18,6 PTS (52% FG, 51% 3P) and in March 18 pts (54% FG, 52% 3P). 18 games mean something, Magic are 14-4 in this period. And it's not 3 weeks, it's over 5 weeks

You wouldn't get anything close to that from Hedo, yes he would give 1-2 ast more but also 1-2 tournover more and I don't think Orlando need him in close games, 4th quarter with Vince playing so well, Jameer getting back to what he was in 08-09 before injury, Dwight expanding his offensive game.

I don't see this lack of playmaking, Vince instead Hedo also gives you Barnes in starting lineup and he brings a lot to the table too.

Good defense, great hustle and toughness, best defender always on opponents best premieter scorer, that were things Orlando with Hedo was lacking.

That still does not mean it will carry over into the playoffs. Hedo Turkoglu showed up big time in the playoffs for us.

I can only hope Vince shows up. Because you never know what your gonna get out of him. But you guys obviously know what your gonna get so thats good.

And we knew with Hedo? He played like complete crap for about 3 quarters and a half, and every once in awhile he made a big shot and all of the sudden he became Mr. Fourth Quarter

and you know what, all that matters is he showed up in the playoffs doesn't it? beacuse once those playoffs started it didn't mean a ******* thing what he did in the regular season.

um, I was talking about the playoffs there, brosephim

quote:

Hedo almost cost us the first 2 series of the playoffs last year. He was awful in the Boston series with the exception of 2 games, and was absolutely abysmal in the Philly series to the point that my father called me after game 3 and asked me jokingly if we could force Hedo to opt out for the rest of the playoffs.

The idea that Hedo was huge in the playoffs is based on a grand total of about 5 games, which sounds nice until you remember we played 24.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh alright, well im not gonna look into it too much but just for thought

Im sure he played really bad in game 7 against boston when he had 25 points and 12 assists. And oh yea in game 1 of the ECF 15 points and 14 assists. Or game 5 of the ECF 29 points 6 rebounds. Im not gonna go into more detail but alright big dog im sure in those games he played like crap for 3 and a half quarters and then made a shot or two in the 4th.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Im sure he played really bad in game 7 against boston when he had 25 points and 12 assists. And oh yea in game 1 of the ECF 15 points and 14 assists. Or game 5 of the ECF 29 points 6 rebounds. Im not gonna go into more detail but alright big dog im sure in those games he played like crap for 3 and a half quarters and then made a shot or two in the 4th.

You're not gonna go into more detail because there isn't any more detail to go into.

^lol

Ok well I'll just say this. Anyone that's a Hedo fan is one of 3 things.

1. Someone that joined the Magic bandwaggon somewhere along the playoffs.

2. Someone from Turkey

3. Someone with very selective/bad memory.

Last year's playoffs Hedo averaged 15.8 pts 4.5 rebounds and 4.8 assists. Shot .427 from the field and .386 from the 3 point line.. Carter's career playoff averages are 25.9 pts 6.9 rebounds and 5.2 assists on .418 from the field and .332 from beyond the arc.. that's in 42 different playoff games.. to think that Vince won't bring come time for the postseason is blasphemy.. bringithomerashard, you're making it sound like Vince is a rookie that you can't trust cause he's never done it before.. he's been in the playoffs 5 times,3 of those times making it out of the first round, and honestly he was never surrounded by the talent he is now..

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

surely Hedo showed up big time last year, look at those numbers: 15.8pt, 4.5Rb,4.8Ast, shooting 43%, 39% from the field. thats really funny.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

truth is, when hedo played well in the playoffs we usually lost.

In wins against cleveland he had shooting percentages of:

25% 39% 9% and 36%. in losses he shot 56% and 53%

when we won he was a role player dishing the ball to the open players and picking his spots (where he usually shot horrible) when we lost hedo took it upon himself to win us the game, shot well, but ultimately destroyed momentum and didn't play D.

HEROOOOOO TURKORUUUUU!!!!

Why are we still talking about Hedo vs. Vince?

The ONLY FACT that matters is the following:

Hedo = Toronto Raptors

Vince = Orlando Magic

... and Raptors fans LOVE Hedo... smile_svgsad.png

Hedo is gone now, and although I loved him as a player for us I simply could not look past the fact that he hurt us just as often as he helped, and caused me more headaches then my school, job and Girlfriend did combined.