Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

OS Notebook: SVG to play Vince & 'Shard with bench

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

About time, he did it last year playing Hedo with the 2nd unit. I don't know why he fell in love with the all-bench lineup this year. The bench is talented, but no team should ever play all five bench players at once unless they're up by 30 in the fourth quarter.

To get starters accustomed to playing together (and building chemistry) and because our bench is noticeably better than most of the NBA's, giving us that luxury...

That's a bunch of bull. Like playing a starter some minutes with the bench is going to ruin chemistry? Stan plays the bench all at once because of the faith he has in it, it's great he trusts the bench and all....but that lineup almost always was ineffective unless someone catches fire.

quote:

quote:

quote:

About time, he did it last year playing Hedo with the 2nd unit. I don't know why he fell in love with the all-bench lineup this year. The bench is talented, but no team should ever play all five bench players at once unless they're up by 30 in the fourth quarter.

To get starters accustomed to playing together (and building chemistry) and because our bench is noticeably better than most of the NBA's, giving us that luxury...

That's a bunch of bull. Like playing a starter some minutes with the bench is going to ruin chemistry? Stan plays the bench all at once because of the faith he has in it, it's great he trusts the bench and all....but that lineup almost always was ineffective unless someone catches fire.

i agree, playing starters along with the bench if anything improves our team chemistry. Getting the starters familiar with playing in game situations with the bench is a positive in my book.

But on another note, I agree with BMP about our second unit. They are more effective than most bench squads out there. I'm not trying to be a homer here...I watch most NBA games and I find myself thankful that we have a very solid group of guys that can fill in for our starters. Think about it: J Will, JJ, Pietrus, Gortat, Anderson...Bass is warming the bench for us?? What?

Seriously, we have it better than we think

i think our second unitr moves better with a line up of j wil jj vince shard and dwight/ gortat i feel we will see more of vince attacking the rim

quote:

quote:

quote:

up until recently our starters hadn't played a lot of games together. Its not about ruining chemistry its about developing it.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well, Lewis already said it, but I might as well too... This isn't about ruining anything. Two new guys in the lineup (and Nelson, who basically did not play with them the second half of the season last year), you have to get them in the court as much as possible. ****, I don't think they've even been able to play 10 consecutive games with each other.

And, another note on the bench. We're stacked to the point where a lot of guys feel they need more minutes (such as Gortat), and it's better to keep them happy now during the regular season, especially since once playoffs come, we will not be playing them a lot... at all.

Playing Rashard and Vince with the bench will undoubtedly solve the number of shots problem.

Personally, I'd love to have Shard shooting all of Pietrus' and Anderson's shots.

I guarantee they will be getting set up much better with JJ and JWill at the guard spots than with Jameer and Vince.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well, Lewis already said it, but I might as well too... This isn't about ruining anything. Two new guys in the lineup (and Nelson, who basically did not play with them the second half of the season last year), you have to get them in the court as much as possible. ****, I don't think they've even been able to play 10 consecutive games with each other.

And, another note on the bench. We're stacked to the point where a lot of guys feel they need more minutes (such as Gortat), and it's better to keep them happy now during the regular season, especially since once playoffs come, we will not be playing them a lot... at all.

Like a few minutes a game won't develop chemistry? They practice with each other almost every day and play a majority of the game with each other, it's a bunch of crock. The reason Stan goes with an all bench lineup is because he has faith in our depth. That's a nice thought and all, but our bench lineup normally gets toasted.

Speaking of the bench, I hope SVG plays Bass instead of Anderson these next few games like he did against the Cavs. We need to see how he can play when he's in a rhythm, and it's not like Anderson is playing well...he's starting to become a black hole on offense.

I am definitely not a Vince hater, but is Van Gundy out of his mind? Vince Carter has been solid the last month. Not great, but solid. Just because he is playing solid the last ten games stan basically is taking away JJ's minutes. JJ has been solid all year, Vince has not. That is just not fair to JJ to take away his minutes. JJ also moves the ball much better then Vince, and its not like he is not willing to score. Shard also should not be playing with the bench. Anderson is a maturing player, and it will only hurt if we bench him. I don't know if Stan is Crazy or just wants to get these guys more confidence going into the playoffs, but the solution is not to wipe out two of your best bench players.

quote:
Originally posted by Danny Weisbard:

I am definitely not a Vince hater, but is Van Gundy out of his mind? Vince Carter has been solid the last month. Not great, but solid. Just because he is playing solid the last ten games stan basically is taking away JJ's minutes. JJ has been solid all year, Vince has not. That is just not fair to JJ to take away his minutes. JJ also moves the ball much better then Vince, and its not like he is not willing to score. Shard also should not be playing with the bench. Anderson is a maturing player, and it will only hurt if we bench him. I don't know if Stan is Crazy or just wants to get these guys more confidence going into the playoffs, but the solution is not to wipe out two of your best bench players.

Just because the players will play with the bench doesn't mean those bench players won't play with the starters. It was evident last night in the rotations. Vince and Shard played a lil' more with the bench players and JJ & Anderson played a lil' more with Dwight and Jameer.

calm down.

quote:
Originally posted by Danny Weisbard:

Carter avg 30 mins a game and JJ avg 22 mins a game. That's a lot of time for JJ to show up.