+Jameer and VC finally learning to excel together in the 4th quarter

+Dwight's attitude

Others?

Stock Up

+SVG with the major adjustment to the rotation through the use of Bass

+Jameer and VC finally learning to excel together in the 4th quarter

+Dwight's attitude

Others?

Not likely.. cue some dumbass comment about elves.

Anyway, I hope the Jameer/Vince thing sticks, but I dunno yet. The success of the team really rides on their shoulders. Dwight, Shard, Barnes, and the bench are gonna do their thing way more often than not. It's up to the backcourt to hold their end of the ship up.

Stock highest goes to Dwight's attitude. Demanding the ball on and off the court, and following through with good decision-making. I trust his more than Jameer's right now, late heroics aside, that's for sure!

But I don't think I've ever had this much faith in both Stan and Dwight.. nyce when they're on the same page.

Also a kudos needs to go to Pietrus, this is his best game in a month. Hell, maybe two!

EDIT: The "not likely" was a response to a post of someone hoping I'd be inspired to do Stock Up/Stock Down again.. guess they deleted it.

Stock Up

+VC's intense attitude late in the 4th. Fist pumping, stare downs. Please let it continue.

+MP and MB. Thank goodness we don't have to rely on Ke-Bo's defense anymore.

+The Fans at Amway. Good job, fellas.

+Stepping up on national tv

Stock Down

-Gortat. Dude, you got manhandled today. Stop playing so soft, especially against Shaq.

-Second half start.

-Uncontested turnovers by Jameer and Jason in the first 3 quarters.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

EDIT: The "not likely" was a response to a post of someone hoping I'd be inspired to do Stock Up/Stock Down again.. guess they deleted it.

Sorry, I deleted it b/c I posted it in the game thread for you. Anyway, I agree with your comments, especially about SVG and Dwight.

General, not just for this game

Stock Up:

Dwight is starting to show what he is capable of, confirming my belief that he'd been going a little easy after making it to the Finals (see Duncan, Tim and O'Neal, Shaquille. Very common for a young big to scale back after making the Finals. Tough to get fired up for a December game against Milwaukee when you know what it takes to get almost all the way)

Matt Barnes is our hustle tough guy that we've always needed. He and Pietrus are the best SF combo for our current system.

JJ Redick has become a consistent bench player. Flashes of his college ****iness are shining through. All along, I've said he's our Eddie House.

Jameer actually seems to be rounding back into all-star form. PG is easily the toughest position to adjust to with new teammates, and then is really hard to just pick it back up again after injuries. I missed what they said tonight, something about he had his knee drained recently and finally feels 100%? Yes, there is still some rust to shake off, as evidenced by some dumb turnovers, but his playmaking is definitely on his way back.

Vince, man, do that all the time. Please. I know you can come close to that most of the time. Don't worry about teammates. They'll be happier if you are scoring.

Denver Nuggets. As I type this, they beat the Celtics.

Otis Smith: I actually like staying pat at the deadline. Make something crazy happen this summer.

Stock Down

Brandon Bass, what the heck, man? I was so stoked to have some muscle on the team, but you are lost out there! Where's the defense? Where's the rebounds? Where's anything except the occasional jumpshot?

Gortat, you aren't exactly helping us move you to a better situation...

Ryan Anderson, I know you can do it. Go out and do it.