Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

What is Missing?

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

This loss wasn't Jameer's fault. Why are some of you even suggesting moving him? If anybody should be on the bench, it's Vince.

Are u dumb?

what's dumb about that? that's the only starter i'd consider moving to the bench if they need scoring.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

quote:

This loss wasn't Jameer's fault. Why are some of you even suggesting moving him? If anybody should be on the bench, it's Vince.

Are u dumb?

what's dumb about that? that's the only starter i'd consider moving to the bench if they need scoring.

this month all our starters are doing good and starting to gel.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
Originally posted by Ball Junkie:

Also how many years now have we had a PG controversy??? Just sayin'.

Fixed.

I think to really fix it, you'd have to point out that the entire "controversy" that exists right now is largely manufactured on the internet by people like Soul Bro and Ball Junkie, and that there is no evidence to suggest there has actually been a controversy within the team.

Not sure what you mean by "controversy within the team"....I, nor do I think Soul Bro are questioning the chemistry on this team...I know my comments are solely performance based and is/are my opinion.

Since this Magic Forum's sole purpose of exsistence is for fans to express their opinion's about the team sorry that our comments seem to bother you, sir.

Based on what I've read in this thread seems as if other veteran posters of this board(SmackDaddy, EnFuego) also feel the same and have tired of keeping their opinion's to themselves so as to not offend others.

To clarify our position...we like Jameer's skillset...we think it could be best utilized as a scoring threat off the bench...we don't want him traded...his defense still sucks...we are worried about his next injury...we are keeping our fingers crossed it doesn't happen now that the trading deadline is over.

his chemistry and combination with howard can't be ignored however. even if his defense can be atrocious; j will is hardly any better. we can't just move jameer like it's easy when he's been a starter with howard for how long now? his game just makes howard that much better.

quote:

his chemistry and combination with howard can't be ignored however. even if his defense can be atrocious; j will is hardly any better. we can't just move jameer like it's easy when he's been a starter with howard for how long now? his game just makes howard that much better.

I think Kitno posted some stats just last week comparing J. Will's/Jameer's performance with the starters and playing with the backups...and I agree, J. Will's defense is hardly any better than Jameer...only advantage is that he's taller but they both suck.

Read this link...specifically Kitno's 1st post...

http://orlandomagiczone.com/ev...=591106557#591106557

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

After last night's game, I jokingly said: "I can't wait to find out how this loss was Jameer's fault," in the chat room.

We all had a good laugh.

And then I read this. icon_confused.gif

Not a fair comment in my opinion. Although I see some comments on this thread regarding Nelson's play last night, I feel the overal discussion on the best PG rotation pertained to the team as a whole, not last night's loss.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

What is missing IMO is a substitution pattern where at least 2-3 starters remain on the floor at all times. I am not a fan of Stan emptying our bench entirely to rest all 5 starters at the same time. Roster components just need to be integrated better, plain and simple.

I'm a big Stan fan but I agree with this one, it really stood out last night. We had Williams, Pietrus, Anderson, JJ, and Gortat on the floor and couldn't buy a bucket. Most of the time at least one of those guys is hitting so it isn't a big deal but last night was the exception. We should have had Shard, Dwight, or Vince out there with that unit when it was clear it wasn't working.

I also agree with this. One more thing is that early shot selection wastes possessions and this can quickly lead to blowing the lead at a faster rate while the starters get their rest. We would want them to maintain that lead however, that won't be happening without everyone going up court and immediately ousting the ball. That should make anyone equally as frustrated as seeing the ball turned over.

ii have to agree and would add that the second unit rarely run the offense. pietrus and anderson shoot reguardless of the shot clock. they need to be under more control. this is on svg.

After the close of last night's game is there any doubt that Jameer thrives as an offensive focal point, rather than the setup man, 4th scoring option he's been used as the majority of the season?