Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

"Otiz" got offers from many teams RE: Bass & Gortat

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

I have no doubt in my mind Otis will get a big time free agent next summer. The man knows how to build a team for the present as well as the future...something alot of GM's can't seem to do at the same time.

I would be floored if he does. Things would have to break for us in a big way.

I think this will be the big summer where nothing happened.

quote:

I have no doubt in my mind Otis will get a big time free agent next summer. The man knows how to build a team for the present as well as the future...something alot of GM's can't seem to do at the same time.

Melo me kthxbye

Otis did say he went after alot of players last offseason was so he can have assets on his team. not trading was the smartest thing you can do. Alot of players like Amare, Wade, J Johnson, Bosh are all leaving and Suns, Atlanta, heat and Toronto know they are leaving and would take something rather then nothing.

If Suns were close on Big Z, Hickson for Amare then its a no brainer suns would take Gortat, pietrus and Bass.

I do think otis is preparing something but its going to be hard to get wade, and johnson because they are divisional rivals. I think the only way would be through sign an trade...

Sign wade to 4 years 80 million and trade him to Orlando for VC/Pietrus/Bass

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:

I would be floored if he does. Things would have to break for us in a big way.

I think this will be the big summer where nothing happened.

Well, I am sure Otiz is going to make a play for Wade and Bosh. If that doesn't work out, then I think we will stand firm and try to hit up Mellow the next offseason/season. Either way I am cool with it.

quote:
Originally posted by livebythe3:

Otis did say he went after alot of players last offseason was so he can have assets on his team. not trading was the smartest thing you can do. Alot of players like Amare, Wade, J Johnson, Bosh are all leaving and Suns, Atlanta, heat and Toronto know they are leaving and would take something rather then nothing.

If Suns were close on Big Z, Hickson for Amare then its a no brainer suns would take Gortat, pietrus and Bass.

I do think otis is preparing something but its going to be hard to get wade, and johnson because they are divisional rivals. I think the only way would be through sign an trade...

Sign wade to 4 years 80 million and trade him to Orlando for VC/Pietrus/Bass

Problem is, are they enough to land a high caliber FA?