Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

Otis Sits Down With Denton About Trade Deadline, VC and More

quote:
Originally posted by Darthmagic:

My favorite portion:

Quote:

QUESTION: You've never been one to react to the moves that other teams are making. But if teams in the East who you are competing with such as Cleveland and Boston make major moves, does that enhance the need to better your roster?

OTIS SMITH: ``No. I think what those teams are thinking about doing is great.''

LMAO! What does that even mean? that sounds like he's hoping nothing happens.

lol

I guess Otis is always fooling the media.

Sometimes i feel that otis is always would say the same awnser:

Otis Wife: Otis do you want to make me love?

otis Smith: I like this team.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

I've said it before, Melo is very possible. We will have the money to sign him that summer, and who wouldn't want to be paired with Dwight? Especially when at that point Billups will be about done, but of course, they do have Lawson coming up to replace him.

Long story short, money wise, it's VERY possible.

It really isn't possible to sign him outright unless we make some serious moves. As it stands right now, we have Dwight, Lewis, Nelson, Bass and Gortat under contract past 2011. Their combined salary right now is $53.1M, which is already over the cap, and it will increase as the players get raises. We would basically need to trade Lewis for a 2011 expiring, as well as make sure that any players signed to fill out the roster are signed to deals that expire in 2011. That also means letting go of Ryan Anderson, JJ and Barnes.

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan83:

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

I've said it before, Melo is very possible. We will have the money to sign him that summer, and who wouldn't want to be paired with Dwight? Especially when at that point Billups will be about done, but of course, they do have Lawson coming up to replace him.

Long story short, money wise, it's VERY possible.

It really isn't possible to sign him outright unless we make some serious moves. As it stands right now, we have Dwight, Lewis, Nelson, Bass and Gortat under contract past 2011. Their combined salary right now is $53.1M, which is already over the cap, and it will increase as the players get raises. We would basically need to trade Lewis for a 2011 expiring, as well as make sure that any players signed to fill out the roster are signed to deals that expire in 2011. That also means letting go of Ryan Anderson, JJ and Barnes.

You sure? Cause we get $16mil coming off the books with Vince.

Get it out of your heads. Nobody wants Lewis for the $20 mil that he's making. He's not going anywhere. We all know VC can be traded but not too sure anyone wants him as far as his inconsistency. Hopefully he finds himself consistently but we'll see.

Bass can't get playing time so he's a trading possibility. Gortat is a nice backup big man but he wants to start.

We have some possibilities.

As far as Melo, that wont happen. Wade is a bigger possibility than Melo. I'd love to have Wade.

realtiy is otis never shows his hand also he has to say he likes this team and believes in them to go all the way. he put it together to win a championship he has to like it.

quote:
Originally posted by VCdaCarter:

quote:
Originally posted by Magicfan1961:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Dwight Howard:

Otis always says that

This time I believe him. Carter has not yet reached his potential. LOL.

You seem to be a follower, that's not a good quality for someone your age.

First, you do not know how old am at all. Second, I am not a follower. If I were a follower, I would be posting "Magic are going to win it all: Vince Carter is going to get us a win in the playoffs, and Nelson is the best point guard on the universe, like many of the posters do.

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

If Otis says we're standing pat, then I **** sure hope he has a plan for our future that involves getting Wade, or someone of equal caliber, to keep Dwight happy for the long term.

Because as much as I love this team, unless a miracle happens, we're not going too far this year... in my opinion. But I hope to God I'm wrong.

What team knocks us out in the first or second?

I never said we'd get knocked out in the 1st or 2nd. I said we wouldn't go too far. Which means, we won't make it to the Finals. Therefore, it stands to reason, that we'll be beat in the ECFs by a much improved Cavs team, depending on seeding. The bar was set too high with last year's miracle team.

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All

I never said we'd get knocked out in the 1st or 2nd. I said we wouldn't go too far. Which means, we won't make it to the Finals. Therefore, it stands to reason, that we'll be beat in the ECFs by a much improved Cavs team, depending on seeding. The bar was set too high with last year's miracle team.

How was that a "miracle team", broja?

This is the NBA, not March Madness; you gotta beat your opponent 4 out 0f 7 times. Ain't no miracle, broja.