Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Official Game Thread: Magic @ Cavaliers Thursday 2/11/10 8 PM

quote:
Originally posted by T REX:

There are upsets in every sport.

Bottom line, do you think that the Cavs are better than us or not.....its a simple question.

I wasn't asking for fact but your opinion.

Those aren't upsets. The GSW beating Dallas in 2007 was an upset.

My opinion is that there were too many factors in that game to formulate an opinion that's not completely stupid. The Cavs still weren't able to defend the perimeter well, and Shaq is hardly the "Howard-stopper" they so claim to have gotten. LeBron is the only guy we can't stop, but if we can stop double teaming him and forcing either him to do it all or his teammates to take tough shots, we have a huge chance of winning.

At the same time, if we can't get production out of our backcourt, we're also in trouble. Carter played well against them the first game (11-23 shooting) and 29 points, and Jameer with 19 points on 8-15 shooting (5 assists)... the last game both were pretty awful. If Howard can play for more than 35 minutes (which he hasn't yet) then it raises our chances of winning as well.

So, if our backcourt can play at a decent level and Howard stays out of foul trouble, then we have a chance. If we can get our players to fill their roles like they're supposed to, then there's no way the Cavs can matchup to us.

A huge difference about our team this year is that they're completely inconsistent, so I can't tell you which players will show up and which won't. The Cavs, on the other hand, are pretty consistent and usually play the same type of game, feeding off of LeBron.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

Bottom line, do you think that the Cavs are better than us or not.....its a simple question.

My opinion is that there were too many factors in that game to formulate an opinion that's not completely stupid. The Cavs still weren't able to defend the perimeter well, and Shaq is hardly the "Howard-stopper" they so claim to have gotten. LeBron is the only guy we can't stop, but if we can stop double teaming him and forcing either him to do it all or his teammates to take tough shots, we have a huge chance of winning.

At the same time, if we can't get production out of our backcourt, we're also in trouble. Carter played well against them the first game (11-23 shooting) and 29 points, and Jameer with 19 points on 8-15 shooting (5 assists)... the last game both were pretty awful. If Howard can play for more than 35 minutes (which he hasn't yet) then it raises our chances of winning as well.

So, if our backcourt can play at a decent level and Howard stays out of foul trouble, then we have a chance. If we can get our players to fill their roles like they're supposed to, then there's no way the Cavs can matchup to us.

A huge difference about our team this year is that they're completely inconsistent, so I can't tell you which players will show up and which won't. The Cavs, on the other hand, are pretty consistent and usually play the same type of game, feeding off of LeBron.

Ok since our perimeter defense didn't stop you guys or that shaq didn't stop howard, how did we beat you guys. Lebron is not gonna beat you guys by himself. Face it, Shaq owns dwight, and we got better defending the three.

quote:
Originally posted by Cavsfan4life:

Face it, Shaq owns dwight, and we got better defending the three.

face it

Random thoughts(from my random mind} Putting the ball in VC's hands during crunch time in foolish. He makes poor decisions and normally shoots a poor percentages due to poor shot selection. The ball should be placed in Dwight's hands for close baskets or kick it out for a uncontested shot. More should be run for Shard, for he is clutch. Magic can win it all without Carter because JJ plays well and makes good decisions. Peaches should not be allowed to chuck it from the cheap seats anytime he wishes. He ofter hurts the team during runs or when he is in during crunch. Jwill is old. but he is playing better than Nelson right now, (and has all year) The team flows much better with Jwill at point. Did you know that Hubie Brown (who I respect as much as anyone, he usually is right on point and tells the truth), said that Jwill had one of the hightest final two min shooting percentages in the league when he played for Memphis and Hubie. He can be clutch and makes the best decisions on the team along with JJ. Stan Van has this mentality that plays Vince, Jameer, ect when others are playing better and gives them a better chance to win a particular game. I feel he is somewhat intimitated by Howard and Jameer's friendship and the fact that he doesn't have the balls to do what Jerry Sloan or Pops or a number of other top coaches would do. Not playing who is hot just decreases your chance win on a game by game basis. Bass should be used more in certain situtations because of his skill set. Figure out how to get Dwight more shots on a regular basis. Give Shard more shots, Vince less. JJ more, Peaches less (I don't think PASS is in his native language) Post Shard more, he is a great post player. One great game does not a season, Vince has not melled with the offensive scheme and hurts more than helps. If ineffective players are continued to be counted on during crunch time, we will have problems in the playoffs. If Stan gives out min based on performance and not precieved notions or salary considerations, we have an excellent of winning it all. As always, these are my observations based on being a big NBA fan for 50 years, but i could be wrong.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ok since our perimeter defense didn't stop you guys or that shaq didn't stop howard, how did we beat you guys. Lebron is not gonna beat you guys by himself. Face it, Shaq owns dwight, and we got better defending the three.

then why did we put up a scoring average?

lebron won this game, and he's not going to do it in a 7 game series. he never will.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

quote:

quote:

quote:

lebron won this game, and he's not going to do it in a 7 game series. he never will.

Yep....

Lebron played 45 minutes and went 1 on 5 late in the 4rth. The Magic ran out of gas. Plain and simple. It will not happen in a 7 game series. Shaq did not stop Dwight, Dwight stopped Dwight by committing stupid fouls AND not demanding the ball late in the 4rth.

Shaq the Dwight stopper.....LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yep....

Lebron played 45 minutes and went 1 on 5 late in the 4rth. The Magic ran out of gas. Plain and simple. It will not happen in a 7 game series. Shaq did not stop Dwight, Dwight stopped Dwight by committing stupid fouls AND not demanding the ball late in the 4rth.

Shaq the Dwight stopper.....LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol...isn't that just the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Dwight stopping Dwight. Shaq stopped Dwight the two times we played you guys. You guys weren't out of gas, we just played better defense than you guys. You live by the 3, you lose by the 3.

last i saw howard got most of his fouls outside of shaq last game, and he scored all but one time which shaq intentionally fouled dwight driving and going out of bound.

so i don't see your point just yet. did YOU watch the game?

Ya, I did watch the game, I wathed a close game throughout till last 5 minutes, and all I see on these boards are excuses why you guys lost. The last game you used the excuse of not having Lewis and Ryan Anderson, you guys had both of them. You use the excuse of having back to back games, well we didn't have Mo and it was Delonte's first game back with only one day of practice.