ball junkie

With Nelson (20-12)...With J. Will (13-4) Sentinel

quote:
Originally posted by cpower:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

I'm going to get blasted....but I like JWill more than Jameer. This team would benefit so much with a real PG and JWill is the closest thing to a real PG. The thing I love the most about his game is the fact he hardly ever turns over the ball while Jameer is good for a handful of them a night. Too bad he's old as dirt.

I don't think we'll win a championship with either starting, I hope we look to replace Jameer in the future.

The only thing JWill has over Jameer is his assist to turnover ratio. That's it.

Jwill avg 4.1 APG for 23 mins, Nelson avg 4.7 APG for 28 mins. It's clearly that Jwill has the better assit number.

Percentage wise, Jwill has both 2% and 3% better.

Jwill has better AST-Turnover ratio. Even better steals and blocks per game.

Overall Nelson hasn't done anything better than Jwilll

Why do you keep ignoring TOV% and mentioning assist to turnover ratio?

per36, JWill only averages .4 assists more than Jameer, so that's pointless to even point out. .2 more assists: pointless to point out.

Nelson averages 4.2 more points, and can get his own shot/drive better than JWill could ever dream of (this season).

And while JWill may average more assists (by an insignificant amount), Jameer still has a higher assist% (by .2, but since you love these incredibly minimal differentials to prove someone is better than someone else)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

I'm going to get blasted....but I like JWill more than Jameer. This team would benefit so much with a real PG and JWill is the closest thing to a real PG. The thing I love the most about his game is the fact he hardly ever turns over the ball while Jameer is good for a handful of them a night. Too bad he's old as dirt.

I don't think we'll win a championship with either starting, I hope we look to replace Jameer in the future.

The only thing JWill has over Jameer is his assist to turnover ratio. That's it.

Jwill avg 4.1 APG for 23 mins, Nelson avg 4.7 APG for 28 mins. It's clearly that Jwill has the better assit number.

Percentage wise, Jwill has both 2% and 3% better.

Jwill has better AST-Turnover ratio. Even better steals and blocks per game.

Why do you keep ignoring TOV% and mentioning assist to turnover ratio?

per36, JWill only averages .4 assists more than Jameer, so that's pointless to even point out. .2 more assists: pointless to point out.

Nelson averages 4.2 more points, and can get his own shot/drive better than JWill could ever dream of (this season).

And while JWill may average more assists (by an insignificant amount), Jameer still has a higher assist% (by .2, but since you love these incredibly minimal differentials to prove someone is better than someone else)

Nelson can get his own shot/drive better than JWill could ever dream of.. and his 2% and 3% percentage is lower than Jwill. thats just amazing!!

quote:
him making the All-star team was a fluke.

Stopped reading right there.

If you think shooting great for 41 games is a fluke, then you have no idea what the definition of fluke is.

On TOP of that, he wasn't voted in based on popularity (ala Iverson). It was the GM's who voted him in; they realized what a menace he was to their team.

quote:
Originally posted by Papa Butts:

quote:

If you think shooting great for 41 games is a fluke, then you have no idea what the definition of fluke is.

On TOP of that, he wasn't voted in based on popularity (ala Iverson). It was the GM's who voted him in; they realized what a menace he was to their team.

its called a retard.

quote:

Jwill avg 4.1 APG for 23 mins, Nelson avg 4.7 APG for 28 mins. It's clearly that Jwill has the better assit number. (149a/885mp)*36=6.06

(203a/1123mp)*36=6.51

So based on minutes played, Jwill is clearly getting bettter assist numbers to the tune of 1 additional assist every 2 games, based off per36 numbers.

Percentage wise, Jwill has both 2% and 3% better. What does that even mean?

Jwill has better AST-Turnover ratio. I've already detailed my feelings on assist to turnover ratio. I will not do it again in this thread.

Even better steals and blocks per game. Yes. The difference between .75 steals a game and .755 steals a game is epic. That one additional steal every 200 games is hugely important. Also, comparing blocks between 2 players who have 4 blocks combined is just dumb.

Except average more points, rebounds and assists while putting up a higher assist percentage than the supposed truer point guard.

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Here's the question:

What exactly does Jason Williams do so much better than Jameer?

He pushes the ball, plain and simple. This team thrives off of tempo, getting out on the break or getting into our offense before defenses get set allows us to get better shots. Jameer has been guilty of walking the ball up the court nearly all season. Maybe this can be blamed on his bum wheel, or maybe it's just not in his nature to be anything more than a half-court, shoot first PG. Whatever the case, our offense is much more smooth and effortless when JWill is directing the flow.

They are different teams depending on who is in the PG role, but I think we have seen that we are very effective teams either way.

When Nelson is on, or when J Will is on, the team thrives. When they are off, we have people on the team who can step up, but we aren't as efficient.

quote:

quote:

His shooting numbers were a fluke, hasn't he shown that? The guy is a middle of the pack starting PG in the league.He isn't in the top 10 but not in the bottom 10. He just will probably never make an all-star team again. So your argument is 41 games is not a fluke while totally disregarding what he did over his career?

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by bigpimpatl:

Don't you guys know that there is no argument/debate with DOM? whatever he says goes. If he says that cats are falling from the sky, you **** better well believe it. If you don't, pray to god almighty that he doesn't hurl you with his nasty insults and heckling.

Well, I don't even know who you are, so I can't imagine anything I've said to you was especially nasty. And given that your second paragraph was a rewording of my basic point, I fail to see what the hell your problem is.

Or are you one of those people who feels that I should apologize for knowing more about basketball than 95% of the board, and having the capacity to keep a thought in my head for more than 10 minutes?

That's lowballing it DoM

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:

quote:

His shooting numbers were a fluke, hasn't he shown that? The guy is a middle of the pack starting PG in the league.He isn't in the top 10 but not in the bottom 10. He just will probably never make an all-star team again. So your argument is 41 games is not a fluke while totally disregarding what he did over his career?

Lol, so the guy who was the quickest to attack Dwight Howard, Vince Carter, and Rashard Lewis during the offensive struggles this season is using a career body of work as an argument?

You're so stupid and hypocritical. Please, everybody doesn't want you here. Just leave and take your almost always shot down and embarrased ideas with you

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:

quote:

Lol, so the guy who was the quickest to attack Dwight Howard, Vince Carter, and Rashard Lewis during the offensive struggles this season is using a career body of work as an argument?

You're so stupid and hypocritical. Please, everybody doesn't want you here. Just leave and take your almost always shot down and embarrased ideas with you

I attacked Dwight not getting the ball, he will only get better if he is allowed to fail in games. I love Shard(I think he is overpaid) but I like his game and he hasn't played that bad offensively, he just doesn't get enough shots.His main problem is defensively.

As far as VC he just isn't a good fit on this team, he needs the ball to much. On some teams he would still put up greta numbers but how this team is built VC isn't a good fit, so far I am right. Not to mention his age and durability issues,Dwight,Shard and Meer are all younger. VC is truly the only player I dislike on this team, I have more of a problem with management and how this team plays than the actual players on it.

JWill vs Jameer

Defense >

Decision Making >

Ball Handling >

Penetration <

Passing >

Shooting >

Experience >

Height >

Creating Own Shots <

Moving without the ball >

Entry passes to Dwight >