Sign in to follow this  
Ned Ryerson

How did you become a Magic fan?

Became a fan around the Shaq/Penny/Anderson/Scott era, stuck with them through the bad... got a bit of a thrill when McGrady had them up 3-0 over Detroit.. can't wait to see where we can go from here.

WAS knick FAN - WHY???? Moved here in 74. Pat Williams started season ticket drive. Purchased 3 tickets in 10/86. Live and die with team since - some great moments and some downers.

Moved here from Syracuse, New York in 1989( Go Orange) the Magic were new and all over th news got hooked and been here for... Deisel, 3D, J.T., Skiles, Nick Anderson, Ben Wallace, Chauncy Billups, Corey Maggette, Penny Hardaway for C-Webb on draft day, Brooks Thompson (<-- what the heck????), T-Mac, the fall of the "Franchise", Mobley for Jackie Christie and, now we're on the up swing .....good story.

I think we need a breather before it gets messy again.

I was born and raised here in Orlando. My dad wanted a boy so he shoved sports at me. It stuck, I love sports, especially basketball and the Magic.

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

Which is why you are our resident "perfect woman."

aww, you're gonna make me blush

Hmmm...I wonder how that is rendered on a message board?

I'm a Magic fan because they drafted J.J. Redick. I tend to follow players and not teams because my state/city doesn't have a team. The closest is the Boston Celtics. I'm sure at some point I'll be as much of a Magic fan as I am a J.J. fan. My other favorite Magic players are G-Hill, Ariza, Dooling and Diener.