Sign in to follow this  
VinceCarter4life

OS article: SVG on VC, Dwight on Vince motivating him

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

well theres no question NJ is nothing without Vince this year.

it's just confusing that he can go 20+/5+/5 for them last year with mostly scrubs all while being double teamed the whole time.

It's not adding up right now, but I believe it'll eventually work out.

The thing about that is Vince needs 15-20 shots a game to be effective, it worked in NJ and it was working in the beginning of the year when he got that many. But when we started losing, Everyone said "Oh how can your best player Dwight only get 9 fga a game?" etc, he was blamed for most of the reasons we were loosing and now he doesn't get that many attempts a game. It's Stans job to find another way to utilize VC.

quote:

it's just confusing that he can go 20+/5+/5 for them last year with mostly scrubs all while being double teamed the whole time.

I honestly don't believe he's been given the opportunity to get those #'s with this team. It's gotten to the point where his teammates are almost ignoring him on the offensive end. Regardless if he's not shooting well, he was brought here to be the go to guy but they're not going to him. Just once I would like to see him play with the second unit to see how that works out.

quote:
Originally posted by VCdaCarter:

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

"I feel OK," Carter said. "I can't complain. I wish I could get to Toys 'R' Us or something and get me a new shoulder, but whatever. No, I'm good. I feel good."

What?

You're an *** hole, that's what! I'm sure you already knew that...Don't you???

No, I did not know that. Thanks for letting me in on that little secret.

quote:

quote:

I honestly don't believe he's been given the opportunity to get those #'s with this team. It's gotten to the point where his teammates are almost ignoring him on the offensive end. Regardless if he's not shooting well, he was brought here to be the go to guy but they're not going to him. Just once I would like to see him play with the second unit to see how that works out.

It's not about the numbers. No one expects the same numbers from him, but he needs to find a way to be effective with this team, and he has struggled to do that lately.

quote:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com...00130,0,250613.story

take it for what it's worth.

"I didn't think he was bad tonight," Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said of Carter. "I didn't see anything wrong with anything he did. He got some rebounds. In the second quarter, I thought we had a unit that was going well, so we stayed there most of the time and the same thing in the fourth quarter."

summed up his night pretty well.

quote:

quote:

quote:

"I feel OK," Carter said. "I can't complain. I wish I could get to Toys 'R' Us or something and get me a new shoulder, but whatever. No, I'm good. I feel good."

What?

You're an *** hole, that's what! I'm sure you already knew that...Don't you???

No, I did not know that. Thanks for letting me in on that little secret.

do you park in handicapped spaces while little Wince Carter makes handicapped faces?

Well then you're an A-SS-HO-LE!

When I read quote I thought he implied that his shoulder is a problem

quote:

quote:

You obviously haven't looked at his numbers all year long. Fact of the matter is he has been given the opportunity to be the go to man. He's taken by far more shots than any player on this team so far this year. Vince has attempted 571 shots so far this year. nobody else on this team has attempted more than 450 shots. Your arguement doesn't hold water.

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

There is nothing to complain about him hes driving his *** to the hoop like we all want him too ... but as we all watch the games , he doesnt get calls..

single digits in points 9 of his last 12 games, i bet it all has to do with him "not getting calls" especially his 38% shooting from the field

quote:
Originally posted by bringithomerashard:

quote:
Originally posted by LinkZ2009:

There is nothing to complain about him hes driving his *** to the hoop like we all want him too ... but as we all watch the games , he doesnt get calls..

single digits in points 9 of his last 12 games, i bet it all has to do with him "not getting calls" especially his 38% shooting from the field

He needs to adapt as a player who's getting older. If he can learn to be an actual facilitator on offense than his shots will come more easily. I will give Vince some credit on one thing imparticular. As bad as his offense has been he's playing much harder defense in the last several games. We really need him to continue it.

Anyone else find it strange that Vince has been scoring in single digits for what feels like forever, but Stan is defending him? Clearly the guy is in some sort of funk (Dr. Funk?), why not just acknowledge it?

I mean, he says he played a good game because he got some rebounds? We are talking about Vince Carter, right? Not Adonal Foyle?