Sign in to follow this  
BillFan

No matter how well Jameer plays...

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

Without Jameer's hot start, we likely go down 20+ points in the 1st quarter alone.

go to the chat, noob

quote:
Originally posted by BillFan:

Jammer shot his load in the 1st and then rolled over and went to sleep. typical...

When was the last time he actually played great basketball consistantly thru 4 qtrs?

He should be coming off the bench.

when was the last time anyone played consistently through 4 quarters?

quote:
Originally posted by pistolwastheman:

This guy is hopeless

since you don't understand +/- very well, answer me this

Nelson: 50% shooting, 2 FTs, 5 rebounds (2 offensive), 2 assists, 1 steal - 12 points in 28 minutes

JWill: 43% shooting, 1 rebound, 2 assists, 8 points in 20 minutes.

Nelson played against a Boston team that could not miss. Contested or not, their shots would go in. He also played while Howard was in foul trouble. He also kept us alive in the game during the 1st quarter.

Most of JWill's minutes came when Howard and Gortat were both on the floor and showed how effective the Twin Towers were. Not only that, but Perkins had been out for most of that (5 fouls). JWill had 2 assists and 6 points for all of the 4th quarter.

Now, tell me in all honesty, do you really believe JWill impacted the game the way Jameer did? All of this while playing with the best lineup our team had against Boston, while Jameer had to play with basically crap.

Seriously, some of you go out of your way to bash Jameer yet you can't even comprehend this.

Next you're gonna tell me VC had a better game than Nelson and we looked better with him on the floor because he was +4... Or Lewis, with 8 rebounds (3 offensive) and 8-13 from the field for 23 points who was -7. He played like garbage too, right?

I like JWill, but it's clear he can't play extended minutes, and Jameer IS our starting PG, no matter how much you don't want it to be. I understand thuglife's reasoning for not wanting that: Jameer takes away shots from his precious Vince, who can't shoot worth a crap anyways. If Jameer starts producing like he did last year, or maybe even 80% of that, I'd like to see anyone complain about him.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

If Jameer starts producing like he did last year, or maybe even 80% of that, I'd like to see anyone complain about him.

Can't help but feel that the last five games are starting to prove that may soon be the case.

And wow? Could Otis have been right all along? He thought Rashard, Dwight, Jameer, and JJ would become the focal points of a championship calibur team. He built this team, and throw in what Fran Vasquez could have become under SVG and just wow.

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:

If Jameer starts producing like he did last year, or maybe even 80% of that, I'd like to see anyone complain about him.

Can't help but feel that the last five games are starting to prove that may soon be the case.

And wow? Could Otis have been right all along? He thought Rashard, Dwight, Jameer, and JJ would become the focal points of a championship calibur team. He built this team, and throw in what Fran Vasquez could have become under SVG and just wow.

Haha you lose, did Meer play well? I mean yeah he scored 10 in a row and then dissapeared and just turned the ball over.We got killed when he was on the floor, J-Wi;l brought us back. I know you did not just mention Fran Vazquez, that's a joke. JJ does deserve to start, to bad SVG doesn't have the balls to start him. He lets VC run the team and do whatever he wants.

quote:

quote:

This guy is hopeless

Nelson: 50% shooting, 2 FTs, 5 rebounds (2 offensive), 2 assists, 1 steal - 12 points in 28 minutes

Nelson played against a Boston team that could not miss. Contested or not, their shots would go in. He also played while Howard was in foul trouble. He also kept us alive in the game during the 1st quarter.

Most of JWill's minutes came when Howard and Gortat were both on the floor and showed how effective the Twin Towers were. Not only that, but Perkins had been out for most of that (5 fouls). JWill had 2 assists and 6 points for all of the 4th quarter.

Now, tell me in all honesty, do you really believe JWill impacted the game the way Jameer did? All of this while playing with the best lineup our team had against Boston, while Jameer had to play with basically crap.

Seriously, some of you go out of your way to bash Jameer yet you can't even comprehend this.

Next you're gonna tell me VC had a better game than Nelson and we looked better with him on the floor because he was +4... Or Lewis, with 8 rebounds (3 offensive) and 8-13 from the field for 23 points who was -7. He played like garbage too, right?

I like JWill, but it's clear he can't play extended minutes, and Jameer IS our starting PG, no matter how much you don't want it to be. I understand thuglife's reasoning for not wanting that: Jameer takes away shots from his precious Vince, who can't shoot worth a crap anyways. If Jameer starts producing like he did last year, or maybe even 80% of that, I'd like to see anyone complain about him.

The offense runs better with J-Will, Meer turns it over to much and looks to score to much. I don't judge by +- stats, I actually watch the game and Meer played an average game. We set a franchise low 1 assist at the half, he was mediocre.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:

quote:

This guy is hopeless

The offense runs better with J-Will, Meer turns it over to much and looks to score to much. I don't judge by +- stats, I actually watch the game and Meer played an average game. We set a franchise low 1 assist at the half, he was mediocre.

he scored 10 straight points for us. Give him a break. if he took more shots you'd chide him for the number of attempts.

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

quote:

quote:

This guy is hopeless

It is YOU who doesn't understand +/- very well. In your stats, why did you fail to site Jameers 3 turnovers in the third quarter and JWills none in the second half? While there are naturally exceptions to the +/- stat on a limited basis, it is a very good indicator of a players impact and the flow of the game when he is on the floor. That's why they keep the stat. It is very indicative for a point guard because he has the ball in his hands on virtually all possessions and is responsible for offensive sets and flows as well as defensive responsibilities. If you actually think that any coach doesn't strictly pay attention to this stat, you don't know the first thing about the game at the top levels. A player can ride the efforts of hot teammates or poor opposition once in a while or vice versa, but those things always even out over the long haul, because the team is ultimately as good as its weakest link on the floor. We are well into the season now and the trend is now very meaningful. Does that stat mean that suddenly JWill's knees will not wear down if we played him starter minutes? Of course not. But it has put Barnes into the starting unit. And for all the crap Carter is taking, his +/- shows he still has a more positive impact on the team overall when he is in the line-up than most of the team, even though his scoring stats are not what they used to be. Who are you to discard one of the more reliable statistics used by coaches as meaningless crap? I am not a Jameer hater by any means. I am just pointing out statistically what many are debating. The team definitely has run more efficiently to this point in the season...by a large margin...with Williams at the point. It is up to Stan to figure out why and get Jameer back on track, but to ignore it is recreational Daddy ball. Just look at our won-loss record with and without Jameer. Don't get your panties in a bunch because we all see what we see. We all hope Jameer turns it around and he has the advantage of a very experienced "league minimum" back up that will help us get back to the finals.

I don't think the internet has enough facepalms for that wall of text you call a paragraph.

Either way, a few things I will point out: Nelson had 2 turnovers in the 3rd, one being an offensive foul (which shouldn't have been called anyways), Redick actually handled the ball more than JWill in the 4th, and you're a ****ing moron if you honestly think VC has a positive impact on this team solely based on +/- stats.

When a juvenile losses an argument based on facts they resort to foul mouth rants as a last resort. It is a great indication of a lower IQ and maturity level, so I won't waste any more time responding to you. It is clear you do not understand the real game of basketball.

No, calling you an idiot was not of last resort. I've been saying it since you started posting, after pointing out the things you were wrong about, I decided to remind you of how stupid you sound right now.