Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

A look into the past. A reason to believe.

a great member once posted this before the start of the playoffs last year:

quote:
Well it's the beginning of the 08-09 play-offs.

I've been pretty quiet lately and have been waiting for the season to end.

It's time to speak up !!!

59-23{which I thought would be 56-26} is a MAGIC 2nd place record for all season wins

Dwight leading the league with 13.8 rebs and 2.8 blocks.

He's definately got the DFP wrapped upped.

With Rashard leading the league {2.8} in three point shooting.

The Magic tied with Cle. and Bos. for most road wins {27-14}

Even with Jameer going down our GM picked up a point to keep us in it.

I could go on ...but I think you got the idea.

So enough of this negativity from the fans and the hell what the MEDIA {you know I hate them anyways} thinks

It's TIME for THE MAGIC NATION to bring out the guns and stand behind our guys.

We are going to the ECF no problem .

From there it's THE MAGIC NATION against THE NBA world.

BELIEVE !!!

Coming off a 4-5 April and losing ground to all the top teams in the NBA this message board was disastrous. Magic fans were infatuated with the word panic after a public argument between Shaq and Stan.

Still, the message "BELIEVE" was there.

We drew a young, but capable team in the first round. We dropped 2 out of the first 3 games in that series and found ourselves in a game 6 with a lot of uncertainty and no Dwight Howard.

Still, the message of "BELIEVE" was there.

We played the reigning NBA champions. We stole one in boston before losing 3 of the next 4. We needed to win at boston and at home just to stay alive. We needed the improbable to happen.

We were up against the anointed one. The player who was supposed to win. Everyone wanted us to lose so they could have their storybook ending.

We believed ourselves into the finals. We believed in games against youth and the legends of old. Against champions and up and comers. We believed when we were down 20 early against Cleveland. We believed during 20 win seasons, 40 win seasons, 60 win seasons.

We believed when everyone counted us out.

We have a different team than last year. Why should that change the way we believe?

So I ask of you, when this extremely important game comes on tonight; don't disparage one player in hope that your favorite bench player gains success. Pray not for roster changes, different starting lineups, or fired coaches. Do not concern yourself with jameer vs williams, JJ vs Vince, or Lewis vs Anderson.

Just believe.

Believe in your team.

a great member once posted this before the start of the playoffs last year:

quote:
Well it's the beginning of the 08-09 play-offs.

I've been pretty quiet lately and have been waiting for the season to end.

It's time to speak up !!!

59-23{which I thought would be 56-26} is a MAGIC 2nd place record for all season wins

Dwight leading the league with 13.8 rebs and 2.8 blocks.

He's definately got the DFP wrapped upped.

With Rashard leading the league {2.8} in three point shooting.

The Magic tied with Cle. and Bos. for most road wins {27-14}

Even with Jameer going down our GM picked up a point to keep us in it.

I could go on ...but I think you got the idea.

So enough of this negativity from the fans and the hell what the MEDIA {you know I hate them anyways} thinks

It's TIME for THE MAGIC NATION to bring out the guns and stand behind our guys.

We are going to the ECF no problem .

From there it's THE MAGIC NATION against THE NBA world.

BELIEVE !!!

Coming off a 4-5 April and losing ground to all the top teams in the NBA this message board was disastrous. Magic fans were infatuated with the word panic after a public argument between Shaq and Stan.

Still, the message "BELIEVE" was there.

We drew a young, but capable team in the first round. We dropped 2 out of the first 3 games in that series and found ourselves in a game 6 with a lot of uncertainty and no Dwight Howard.

We played the reigning NBA champions. We stole one in boston before losing 3 of the next 4. We needed to win at boston and at home just to stay alive. We needed the improbable to happen.

We were up against the anointed one. The player who was supposed to win. Everyone wanted us to lose so they could have their storybook ending.

We believed ourselves into the finals. We believed in games against youth and the legends of old. Against champions and up and comers. We believed when we were down 20 early against Cleveland. We believed during 20 win seasons, 40 win seasons, 60 win seasons.

We believed when everyone counted us out.

We have a different team than last year. Why should that change the way we believe?

So I ask of you, when this extremely important game comes on tonight; don't disparage one player in hope that your favorite bench player gains success. Pray not for roster changes, different starting lineups, or fired coaches. Do not concern yourself with jameer vs williams, JJ vs Vince, or Lewis vs Anderson.

Just believe.

Believe in your team.

I agree with everything you have stated. What I liked was:

quote:

We have a different team than last year.

And this is the fundamental issue we have to face. We are a different team this year than last year; meaning, we don't have to play the EXACT same strategies as last year (shoot more 3's than anyone).

I feel like if we drive in more we will start blowing out other teams (kind of like what we did against the Hawks).

I definitely still have faith. I just hope SVG makes the right adjustments because I really do believe we have the best team in the NBA (potentially).

quote:
Originally posted by robotmaster:

I agree with everything you have stated. What I liked was:

quote:

We have a different team than last year.

And this is the fundamental issue we have to face. We are a different team this year than last year; meaning, we don't have to play the EXACT same strategies as last year (shoot more 3's than anyone).

I feel like if we drive in more we will start blowing out other teams (kind of like what we did against the Hawks).

I definitely still have faith. I just hope SVG makes the right adjustments because I really do believe we have the best team in the NBA (potentially).

I agree, but along with driving, we need hustle and heart. Too often we have guys standing around watching Dwight get the board instead of crashing and getting it themselves. Defense needs to improve, too because when there's a night where the shots aren't falling, the only thing you can do is lockdown defensively. We need to back our team no doubt

At the end of the day, I will always "Believe" in our team....

I will rock with this team through the thick and then...

The same way I have been doing it since 89....

And I will continue rocking this team regardless of the situation...

"Believe"?

"He11 Yeah I Believe !!!!!!!!"

Believing isn't going to make them better.

I would love nothing more than for them to go on a huge run.....sorry....I just don;t see it in them.

We captured lightning in a bottle in the playoffs last year. It's a real shame we couldn't win it all because the expectations this year are basically title or bust.

I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than extremely disappointed.

quote:
Originally posted by T REX:

I would love nothing more than for them to go on a huge run.....sorry....I just don;t see it in them.

We captured lightning in a bottle in the playoffs last year. It's a real shame we couldn't win it all because the expectations this year are basically title or bust.

And please tell me you consider yourself to be a fan. You sound like Randy Quaid from Major League 2.

quote:
Originally posted by T REX:

this is how we know you haven't been a fan for very long.

Maybe if you believe the team will do better. Whats the worst that can happen? they lose?

Wouldn't you feel better if you put everything you have behind the team? If you do this and the team fails then you have the right to complain. If the team succeeds then you'll feel like you're part of the win.

just believe.